Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie Heights Zeke Pike picks up offers from Alabama/Auburn
Northern Kentucky kid is getting some recognition right now.

He recently has received a verbal offer from Alabama over the weekend as well as a written offer from Auburn. Other schools are recruiting him like Kentucky (who has offered as well).

Zeke Pike is the QB for Dixie Heights High School in Northern Kentucky and is apart of the 2012 class. He is being recruited as a QB/ATH. He is being developed as a QB currently at 6'5" however due to his skill set and athleticism, he can easily translate over into another position.

Good to see the get the recognition he deserves. It will also give other kids in the NKY area to get looks from schools and open up some college doors for them as well.

These offers are being reported from Ryan Ernst recruiting blog on the Enquirer.
What were his stats from last season?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:What were his stats from last season?

Im not postive but i think he is yet to throw his first varsity game. Can anyone in that area fill us in.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:What were his stats from last season?

I watched Dixie play last year, but do not remember him standing out as being a great player. Is this kid getting attention because of his size, potential, and his dad? Maybe he did look good last year and my memory is not what it used to be!
All I can find on KHSAA is NO PASSING STATS.... Only receiving stats.

Pike 10 completions for 173 yards and 2 TD's...
Congrats to Zeke. He has yet to take a snap as a varsity QB, but I'm sure that the D1 Colleges are looking at this young man as a talented athlete that will benefit their program. I'm very happy for him. I'm not that familiar with him but he seems like the type of athlete that colleges can fit into their program where they need to. Nice quality to have. Not many high school kids fit into that catagory.
He has yet to take a varsity snap but has performed very, very well in camps, etc. where these schools were present. He also played Defensive End and Tight End last year as a sophomore for Dixie as a sophomore and showed much promise there as well with his strength and speed. D-1 schools are taking notice of him and are jumping on him right now. It looks llike Notre Dame will be one of the next few schools to offer him from what I've read.
In the NKYFL youth league, Zeke was a standout at LB and did quite well as a fullback. When he transitioned to QB his freshman year, a lot of us who coached against him scratched our head. This young man proved to not only be athletic enough to do the job, but more importanly intelligent enough. He will be fantastic at the Varsity level.

He is grounded at home as well. For those who don't know, his father was a standout football player at Dixie HS as well. Trust me, I played against this guy and he was good. Mark went on to play during the glory years with the Buffalo Bills. Though Steven Stasker always got the accolades as the Special Teams hero, look back to see who had teeth rattling hits to clear Tasker for all those big runs.

Zeke has a great future ahead of him.
sstack Wrote:I watched Dixie play last year, but do not remember him standing out as being a great player. Is this kid getting attention because of his size, potential, and his dad? Maybe he did look good last year and my memory is not what it used to be!

I'd say the answer is partially yes and partially because he looked very good in the summer camps he attended this year playing QB. Zeke didn't tear it up this past year in the games I watched him play (about 5) when he played TE, defensive end and some OLB, but remember he was only a sophomore. You could see when he played QB on Dixie's freshman year that he had potential to be a very good QB some day. Will he be? We'll see, but the kid can be a D-1 player at some position; that shouldn't be up for debate. Congrats Zeke.