Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co's Midnight Madness is Saturday July 24th at 7PM...
They will have music, food, games, and inflatables for children!! Come on out and support the Bobcats or just come by and check them out!
Just curious, how do they do this? Is it a full practice? How long does it last?

Is it full contact and pads? Or is it more fun and games for the fans?

I know a college that does this and I hate it. It is from Mid night til 4 in the morning and I think it a total waste.
tradition Wrote:Just curious, how do they do this? Is it a full practice? How long does it last?

Is it full contact and pads? Or is it more fun and games for the fans?

I know a college that does this and I hate it. It is from Mid night til 4 in the morning and I think it a total waste.

Yes it is full contact with pads. It last until 10:30 that night. Its pretty awesome and fun!! Just gets you pumped up for the season!! Bell Co always does it in style! :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Yes it is full contact with pads. It last until 10:30 that night. Its pretty awesome and fun!! Just gets you pumped up for the season!! Bell Co always does it in style! :Thumbs:

So Bell starts school fairly early?
tradition Wrote:So Bell starts school fairly early?

I think its Aug 3rd or 4th. They have too where they miss so much in the winter for snow. I think they missed like 25-30days of school last year for snow.
Odd... The rest of the planet has midnight madness at.... Well.... Midnight.
Just sayin' .
AlcoasPaintedBridge Wrote:Odd... The rest of the planet has midnight madness at.... Well.... Midnight.
Just sayin' .

Kentucky Basketball has Midnight Madness and it starts before midnight too. We just do things different in Kentucky. LOL..
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I think its Aug 3rd or 4th. They have too where they miss so much in the winter for snow. I think they missed like 25-30days of school last year for snow.

That just seems so early. They hardly have a summer. I assume they get out of school at the end of May or Early June.
man that sucks i havet to miss made reservationd in g-burg this weekend
AlcoasPaintedBridge Wrote:Odd... The rest of the planet has midnight madness at.... Well.... Midnight.
Just sayin' .

Lotsa mountains in southeastern Kentucky . . . by 7:00 p.m., it's as black as midnight, lol.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Lotsa mountains in southeastern Kentucky . . . by 7:00 p.m., it's as black as midnight, lol.

not hardly my friend :dontthink
It's Mountain Time.:Cheerlead
when i played at Bell and the midnight practice was started there was a rule that you could not have full contact practice with pads until a certain date. we started at 10:30 with stretching and other drills then at midnight (the start of the first full contact day) we were able to start hitting. i think the first season we did that there were only about 30 spectators. originally this was just a way to be able to start hitting as soon as possible and have a practice when it was not 95 degrees in the shade. it was never a promotional event, but it is great to see that there is that much community support out there for the program.
Just sayin' .

Because everybody wants to be standing around at....Well... Midnight. It is for the fans to see what Bell has, Sorry we are not with the rest of the planet.
As said above it was called midnight madness when it was held at midnight. They have just continued to call it midnight madness b/c of the tradition. Plus it sounds better than 10:30 madness?????
I was there for the first time and was totally impressed with the whole evening. They had a great set-up for the kids with the inflatables, and when they went to the oklahoma drill for some old fashioned hittin you knew it was football time on log mt.
Just sayin' .

Beat me to it..
I thought you could only go full pads starting august 1st?
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:I thought you could only go full pads starting august 1st?

Exactly what I was thinking. I know they don't start school next week either...
IRISH4 Wrote:Exactly what I was thinking. I know they don't start school next week either...

Bell Co's first day of school is Aug 3rd or 4th.
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:I thought you could only go full pads starting august 1st?

IRISH4 Wrote:Exactly what I was thinking. I know they don't start school next week either...

It goes by the first day of school.
I understand that...the school I work at starts Aug. 4 and the football team can't go contact until this week.

I did find this on the KHSAA site...
Sec. 5) Sports Specifi c Limitations - Football - Boys
a) Organized practice in helmets-only shall not begin prior to
July 15. Organized practice in pads (contact practice) shall not
begin prior to the earlier of August 1 or seven (7) week days
(not counting Saturdays and Sundays) prior to the opening day
of school (which shall be defi ned as the day prior to the classes
starting for the student body), but under no circumstances can
be prior to the last Monday in July.

So from my understanding...contact can legally begin tomorrow (7/26).
Not meaning to bust the bubble, but when did ever Bell County Football start a madness anyways?
Sounds like a cool deal for the fans! Other schools should take note and follow suit.
IRISH4 Wrote:I understand that...the school I work at starts Aug. 4 and the football team can't go contact until this week.

It's Bell County enough said.
IRISH4 Wrote:I understand that...the school I work at starts Aug. 4 and the football team can't go contact until this week.

No you are wrong. Bell County could have started the 23rd. You need to read Bylaw 25-20 it gives the dates when contact can begin.
rocket01 Wrote:Not meaning to bust the bubble, but when did ever Bell County Football start a madness anyways?

When you were still in diapers. I think 92 or 93.
French For President Wrote:It's Bell County enough said.

Your right we are special. We have the 2nd most winningest high school football coach in Kentucky... :yikes:
#1 in wins is Bob Schneider at 345 wins.
#2 in wins is Dudley Hilton at 332 wins.

If Dudley wins 14 games this year he will become #1 in all time wins in the State.
Bell County is gonna be soooooooooooo good.

So Hilton might actually become the most successful coach in terms of wins, and get a state title in the same year.