Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camp Feltner
The Iceboxx Wrote:Shelby Valley and Bell Co. will be there

Better careful and not scrimmage unless you are allowed to and count it as one of your scrimmages. The eyes may be watching.
HAT51 Wrote:Better careful and not scrimmage unless you are allowed to and count it as one of your scrimmages. The eyes may be watching.
Serious is hiding in the woods as we speak. Waiting with his Camera....:lmao:
From Julian Tackett: Monday July 26th
IMPORTANT REMINDER ABOUT FOOTBALL PADS AND PRACTICE

This is being sent to ALL head football coaches and the ADs and Principals at the schools that sponsor football.

For some reason, there has been misinformation spread between coaches about what is allowable and what is not during this current time period. This information has been sent repeatedly to the schools and has been distributed to the coaches as well, but somehow, the coaches themselves are spreading misinformation about equipment restrictions.

Starting July 15, a team could officially practice, wearing only a helmet, and could make activity mandatory.

Starting August 1 (or slighly earlier based on your start of school, refer to the chart at http://www.khsaa.org/football/contactpractice.pdf), you may add shoulder pads and the rest of the gear.

The recommendation continues to be in place from the various sports medicine providers that your first few days of wearing gear (two to three days on and AFTER your first day of gear, August 1 or slighly earlier based on your start of school) that you wear only the shoulder pads in addition to the helmet, and THEN proceed to adding other gear.

None of this has changed for several years. There is NOT A PERIOD for helmet and shoulder pads only.

You are reminded that schools can compete in 7 on 7 competition (helmet only) up to the first date of contact practice (practice in pads) without it counting as a scrimmage against the two limit.

After the first date when additional gear is put on the players, any other 7 on 7 or any other work against another team (including camps of any type) would count as one of the allowable two scrimmages.

We will likely have representatives attend a variety of the upcoming camps, particularly those at the local 4H facilities, and trust that all activity will be in compliance with Bylaw 25 and not involve scrimmaging against another school in any way.
I could use some extra money right now. How much does it pay to be the "Scrimmage Police" and do you get to wear a badge and/or a cool hat?
Just like normal Khssaa...Making a mountain out of a mole-hill.
[quote=HAT51]Better careful and not scrimmage unless you are allowed to and count it as one of your scrimmages. The eyes may be watching.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the eyes will definitely be watching. The really sad part of the whole thing is that at least some people feel that the adults that we entrust to teach our kids values though athletics need to be policed. That's unfortunate any way you want to look at it.
Kosar Wrote:Just like normal Khssaa...Making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

I have to respectfully disagree. If schools are getting extra scrimmages by attending these camps (notice I said "if"), that is a violation of the scrimmage rule. I'd think that any one half way knowledgable about football would agree that extra scrimmages helps prepare a team for its first couple of games. If some schools are violating the rule and others are abiding by it, that's just not right. I think the KHSAA should do a lot better job in the enforcement of the rules. In order to do so, there has to be more vigilant monitoring and investigation. I assume the KHSAA's announced following of what happens at Feltner is a sign of what's to come and I say good for the KHSAA.
They usually do until someone messes it up, then the whole teams gets looked at.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
About time they do something about these teams meeting at these camps and getting in tons of extra scrimmage time. It was a huge advantage for the first few games compared to teams who only had a little bit of live game activity before the season. Its always astonished me that people will cheat to gain an advantage in Kentucky HS football. I could understand it if it was a high level like Texas, Alabama, or Georgia. But we are talking about the low level of EKY HS football.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:It should not be left up to the KHSAA to try and level the so called playing field. That should be on the coach to make these things happen. I agree a rule is a rule but its a dumb one.

LOL do what?

That is 100% what the KHSAA is about, well that and protecting athlete safety.

Look when they have lookouts with radios monitoring the entrance and anytime a helicopter comes by, you know something is up.

If any opposing teams want to fund me, pay me for gas, food, and time, Ill drive by that place all week long non stop and they will get no scrimmaging done lol.
Beetle01 Wrote:LOL do what?

Look when they have lookouts with radios monitoring the entrance and anytime a helicopter comes by, you know something is up.

If any opposing teams want to fund me, pay me for gas, food, and time, Ill drive by that place all week long non stop and they will get no scrimmaging done lol.

OMG, you need some serious help my friend, if that is all you have to do, is ridding around and trying to be a RAT! Get a life :dontthink
Just what teams are at Feltner 4H camp?
log mtn mafia Wrote:OMG, you need some serious help my friend, if that is all you have to do, is ridding around and trying to be a RAT! Get a life :dontthink

LOL, for you thinking I was serious.
Beetle01 Wrote:LOL do what?

I'll pay you to stay at home where you need to be.