Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three words
With serious practice underway for the 2010 season, remember three words: Don't ever quit. When things seem to be darkest: at the end of the season you are 3-6 with some disgraceful losses. You finish third in a weak district. Ten players have left your team. Three more starters fall to injuries. Your coach was publicly disciplined and briefly suspended after a few parents complained. Your booster club has no money. Just 15 fans show up at your last regular season road game. Morale is lower than a snake with bickering on the practice field. You're asking yourself standing in the cold sleet of late October,'Why am I playing?' Faced with all that, you could still win a state championship. Every word is true. Happened last year. Best of luck to every player who sticks it out in 2010. Don't ever quit.
You from Greenup?
None of this sounds like Greenup.
Tica Wrote:With serious practice underway for the 2010 season, remember three words: Don't ever quit. When things seem to be darkest: at the end of the season you are 3-6 with some disgraceful losses. You finish third in a weak district. Ten players have left your team. Three more starters fall to injuries. Your coach was publicly disciplined and briefly suspended after a few parents complained. Your booster club has no money. Just 15 fans show up at your last regular season road game. Morale is lower than a snake with bickering on the practice field. You're asking yourself standing in the cold sleet of late October,'Why am I playing?' Faced with all that, you could still win a state championship. Every word is true. Happened last year. Best of luck to every player who sticks it out in 2010. Don't ever quit.

I agree