Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If all of the mentioned SEC teams get put on probation
does that mean UK will automatically make a bowl game every season that is probation-riddled?
I don't think so, but I really don't know how the bowl games work. I think Kentucky will have to win 6 games to get a bowl game, just like in the past.
None of the teams will be put on a probation serious enough to cost them a bowl game, so UK will actually have to "work" to get there. That means beating those 4 Single A high school teams out of conference, and finding a way to win 2 SEC games in order to go to a bowl game..but here is a little prediction; If they get upset by Louisville this year, they wont beat them as long as Charlie Strong is there. Louisville will be a 9 and 10 win team again in two or three years..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:None of the teams will be put on a probation serious enough to cost them a bowl game, so UK will actually have to "work" to get there. That means beating those 4 Single A high school teams out of conference, and finding a way to win 2 SEC games in order to go to a bowl game..but here is a little prediction; If they get upset by Louisville this year, they wont beat them as long as Charlie Strong is there. Louisville will be a 9 and 10 win team again in two or three years..

I agree that is the reason that Alabama played FIU, Northern Texas, and Chattanooga last year. Love those 2A teams. Alabama stepped up to Class 3A this year and scheduled San Jose State, Duke, and Georgia State. Isn't this Georgia States first year of football?
Benchwarmer Wrote:I agree that is the reason that Alabama played FIU, Northern Texas, and Chattanooga last year. Love those 2A teams. Alabama stepped up to Class 3A this year and scheduled San Jose State, Duke, and Georgia State. Isn't this Georgia States first year of football?
Yep it sure is. But this isnt Penn States first year. Does UK play anybody like that in non conference? Nope, but Bama does, this year.
How about starting off the season against top 10 teams in back to back seasons on a neutral field (Clemson was #9 in 2008 and Virginia Tech was #6 in 2009, both picked to win the ACC)? Nope. Never, you all inking Western Freakin Kentucky for four years was front page sports news.
How about playing Florida State (the starters too, not the backups and third team scrubs UK barely beat in the Music City bowl) in the middle of the season like Bama did in 2007?
Or starting off the season against a top Heisman candidate and Hawaii (and Im sure your just itching to pound away at your keyboard, but the same Hawaii team that won 11 games that year, and went to a BCS bowl the next year) in 2006? Done that? Nope.
And while your throwing off on San Jose State and the rest of our schedule, please take into consideration that Bama blasted Florida AND Texas last year to END the season, something that UK will never, EVER do in my lifetime, yours, your children, their children, and their childrens lifetime.
Dont feel so smart now, do you?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yep it sure is. But this isnt Penn States first year. Does UK play anybody like that in non conference? Nope, but Bama does, this year.
How about starting off the season against top 10 teams in back to back seasons on a neutral field (Clemson was #9 in 2008 and Virginia Tech was #6 in 2009, both picked to win the ACC)? Nope. Never, you all inking Western Freakin Kentucky for four years was front page sports news.
How about playing Florida State (the starters too, not the backups and third team scrubs UK barely beat in the Music City bowl) in the middle of the season like Bama did in 2007?
Or starting off the season against a top Heisman candidate and Hawaii (and Im sure your just itching to pound away at your keyboard, but the same Hawaii team that won 11 games that year, and went to a BCS bowl the next year) in 2006? Done that? Nope.
And while your throwing off on San Jose State and the rest of our schedule, please take into consideration that Bama blasted Florida AND Texas last year to END the season, something that UK will never, EVER do in my lifetime, yours, your children, their children, and their childrens lifetime.
Dont feel so smart now, do you?

Is this the same Florida State team that went 7-6 that year? Clemson, same team that lost to Maryland that year?
San Jose State, Duke, and Georgia State, way for the defending National Champs to pretect their record. What a joke.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Is this the same Florida State team that went 7-6 that year? Clemson, same team that lost to Maryland that year?
San Jose State, Duke, and Georgia State, way for the defending National Champs to pretect their record. What a joke.
The same team (Florida State) picked in the top 15, the same Clemson team picked in the top 10. How did the schedule makers know how they would end up doing when they made the schedules? UK wouldnt dare put teams like that on their regular season schedule, because they know it will all but sink their chances at one of the 9th place SEC bowls they go to every year. And yeah, SJSU, Duke and Georgia State. You politely forgot Penn State, pal.
Louisville (who is picked something like 17th in their own conference), Akron, Western (how many D1 years have they played? 2? 3?), and Charleston Southern? And you are throwing off on Bamas schedule? LOL. That, my friend, is a joke schedule. But like I have said, whether it pains you Kentucky fans to admit or not, its a schedule you have to play so you can hopefully go 6-6 and play in a bowl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:The same team (Florida State) picked in the top 15, the same Clemson team picked in the top 10. How did the schedule makers know how they would end up doing when they made the schedules? UK wouldnt dare put teams like that on their regular season schedule, because they know it will all but sink their chances at one of the 9th place SEC bowls they go to every year. And yeah, SJSU, Duke and Georgia State. You politely forgot Penn State, pal.
Louisville (who is picked something like 17th in their own conference), Akron, Western (how many D1 years have they played? 2? 3?), and Charleston Southern? And you are throwing off on Bamas schedule? LOL. That, my friend, is a joke schedule. But like I have said, whether it pains you Kentucky fans to admit or not, its a schedule you have to play so you can hopefully go 6-6 and play in a bowl.
Which side are you are you arguing about? First you make fun of the Kentucky weak schedule and I point out that Alabama has a weak schedule then you start arguing about who played who in the past.. What is your angle here? Go mighty Georgia State.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Which side are you are you arguing about? First you make fun of the Kentucky weak schedule and I point out that Alabama has a weak schedule then you start arguing about who played who in the past.. What is your angle here? Go mighty Georgia State.
No, I pointed out who Alabama played in the past, and UK's lack of playing anybody significant out of conference. Read the posts again. My posts and points are very clear. Louisville hasnt had a winning season since 2006, just in case you were gonna use that argument. And why keep bringing up Georgia State when Penn State is on our non conference schedule? C'mon man, your better than that. I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No, I pointed out who Alabama played in the past, and UK's lack of playing anybody significant out of conference. Read the posts again. My posts and points are very clear. Louisville hasnt had a winning season since 2006, just in case you were gonna use that argument. And why keep bringing up Georgia State when Penn State is on our non conference schedule? C'mon man, your better than that. I think.

I will give you the Penn State game.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I will give you the Penn State game.
Thats more than I get from most UK fans, lol..good debate though man. I do respect the fact that you stuck up for your Cats, which was the main reason for my ******** comment, lol..I was trying anything to get a good college football debate started, and I enjoyed debating with you. For the record, I hope UK wins every game they play (unless its against Bama). I love seeing them do well in football..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Thats more than I get from most UK fans, lol..good debate though man. I do respect the fact that you stuck up for your Cats, which was the main reason for my ******** comment, lol..I was trying anything to get a good college football debate started, and I enjoyed debating with you. For the record, I hope UK wins every game they play (unless its against Bama). I love seeing them do well in football..

It's all good. I was cheering for Alabama in the National Champ. game.
i hate nick saban!!!!!!!!!! but it doeesnt matter bama will when the sec ths year but will not beat boise or ohio state its just to hard to repeat and both of those teams have better qb play than the tide at this point
Down Kentucky football all you want, but winning 6-7 games a season and beating Louisville does a helluva lot of good for the program. Kentucky actually gets some of the best recruits in the state and they've gotten some very talented players from the south as well. Those recruits may have been Florida, Alabama, LSU, etc. leftover players but we will take them. Plus Kentucky football has improved a lot since Rich Brooks took over. We still take our lumps from a couple of conference foes, but we've beaten LSU, Georgia (twice), and Auburn in the last 4 or 5 seasons. A decade ago, if I told someone we will beat those schools and the eventual nation champions, then I'd be called crazy.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Down Kentucky football all you want, but winning 6-7 games a season and beating Louisville does a helluva lot of good for the program. Kentucky actually gets some of the best recruits in the state and they've gotten some very talented players from the south as well. Those recruits may have been Florida, Alabama, LSU, etc. leftover players but we will take them. Plus Kentucky football has improved a lot since Rich Brooks took over. We still take our lumps from a couple of conference foes, but we've beaten LSU, Georgia (twice), and Auburn in the last 4 or 5 seasons. A decade ago, if I told someone we will beat those schools and the eventual nation champions, then I'd be called crazy.

UK football is definitely on the rise...
but it takes a long time to rise to the top in the SEC.
SEC teams have to have weak nonconference games if they want to win a championship because it's too hard to go undefeated there.
If UK wants to put their football program on the map they need to throw some money at a big time coach because Joker isn't going to cut it.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Thats more than I get from most UK fans, lol..good debate though man. I do respect the fact that you stuck up for your Cats, which was the main reason for my ******** comment, lol..I was trying anything to get a good college football debate started, and I enjoyed debating with you. For the record, I hope UK wins every game they play (unless its against Bama). I love seeing them do well in football..
Hoss, Hoss, Hoss! Chill Buddy! Kentucky and 'Bamas football programs are Apples and Oranges at this point. 'Bama is at the top of the mountain in the SEC. UK is building a successful program and Bama already is a successful program. Big difference there. Were nowhere near 'Bamas level yet. But were not every teams homecoming game anymore either. Just relax. Crack open an ice cold pepsi on me. GO STEELERS!!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Hoss, Hoss, Hoss! Chill Buddy! Kentucky and 'Bamas football programs are Apples and Oranges at this point. 'Bama is at the top of the mountain in the SEC. UK is building a successful program and Bama already is a successful program. Big difference there. Were nowhere near 'Bamas level yet. But were not every teams homecoming game anymore either. Just relax. Crack open an ice cold pepsi on me. GO STEELERS!!!

Tides gets the best of both worlds. Fan of Bama football and fan of UK basketball!!! I think that UK football may be a lil of a second team so I am sure he enjoys seeing our program build from years past.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:UK football is definitely on the rise...
but it takes a long time to rise to the top in the SEC.
SEC teams have to have weak nonconference games if they want to win a championship because it's too hard to go undefeated there.
If UK wants to put their football program on the map they need to throw some money at a big time coach because Joker isn't going to cut it.

Zaga Fan .. I wouldnt be so quick to take a jab at Joker before hes even coached one game at the helm . Fact is , no one knows how good(or Bad) of a coach he is until hes had at least a year under his belt . Classy post though ,,,, By the way if we had won against TN the last game we wouldve finished 2nd in the east .
Snackbar Wrote:Zaga Fan .. I wouldnt be so quick to take a jab at Joker before hes even coached one game at the helm . Fact is , no one knows how good(or Bad) of a coach he is until hes had at least a year under his belt . Classy post though ,,,, By the way if we had won against TN the last game we wouldve finished 2nd in the east .

Get em' snackbar get em'.
Snackbar Wrote:Zaga Fan .. I wouldnt be so quick to take a jab at Joker before hes even coached one game at the helm . Fact is , no one knows how good(or Bad) of a coach he is until hes had at least a year under his belt . Classy post though ,,,, By the way if we had won against TN the last game we wouldve finished 2nd in the east .

I realize he hasn't coached a game yet lol....
I'm just saying IMO we'd be better off paying money for someone that is a proven winner instead of promoting an offensive coordinator.