Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wins each class?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I agree both Bell Co and Boyle Co reload. Im just giving Bell Co the edge because if they do meet up it will be back on Log Mountain.

Just remember Bell Co's Offense was very young last year. Like I stated our QB, all 3 RB's, and top receiver return this year. Boyle Co held Bell Co to 1 TD and Bell Co did the same thing holding Boyle Co to 1 TD. Bell Co also return both LB's as well. :Thumbs:

4A is going to be fun to watch this year. I also think having a 6'5 and 6'6 linemen this year will help Cory Davenport find the holes in the line. These two linemen didnt play last year. One transfered back and the other one was just a freshman last year. These boys arent just big they are big and strong.

I really hope that Boyle County meets Bell County on Log Mountain again. I had a great time up there. The fans were great. Everything went great except the loss. :HitWall: But that doesn't take away from how great Log Mountain really is.

As for the big lineman. Are these boys fundamentally sound? I'm not saying they aren't because I have never seen them play. Now, Boyle County has ran across some pretty big and strong boys in the past but the size was really deceiving. Would you rather have big strong lineman or small lineman with that have great technique. I'd much rather have kids who are fundamentally sound. Take Boyle County's offensive and defensive line from last years team for instance. The boys rarely got knocked back. They always stood their ground.

Eithey way you slice it up: Bell County, Boyle County and Lone Oak are head and shoulders above everyone else.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I really hope that Boyle County meets Bell County on Log Mountain again. I had a great time up there. The fans were great. Everything went great except the loss. :HitWall: But that doesn't take away from how great Log Mountain really is.

As for the big lineman. Are these boys fundamentally sound? I'm not saying they aren't because I have never seen them play. Now, Boyle County has ran across some pretty big and strong boys in the past but the size was really deceiving. Would you rather have big strong lineman or small lineman with that have great technique. I'd much rather have kids who are fundamentally sound. Take Boyle County's offensive and defensive line from last years team for instance. The boys rarely got knocked back. They always stood their ground.

Eithey way you slice it up: Bell County, Boyle County and Lone Oak are head and shoulders above everyone else.

Yes these two linemen are fundamentally sound. The 6'6 has got letters from UK and Notre Dame and he will only be a Junior this year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Yes these two linemen are fundamentally sound. The 6'6 has got letters from UK and Notre Dame and he will only be a Junior this year.

Wow. Now even going to lie. That's pretty impressive.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Wow. Now even going to lie. That's pretty impressive.

Believe me or not. Its the truth. Everybody said I was lying when I posted Roark was leaving Middlesboro way back in Feb too.

Anyways Do you think DAWSON will end up at Kentucky? I hope he does because he is a badass LB!!
BoyleCounty Wrote:Wow. Now even going to lie. That's pretty impressive.

Here is another Bell Co fan telling about UK and Notre Dame looking at 6'6 Carter.

#147 07-13-2010, 04:34 AM
CATDAD2
Statistician
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Catdad2

Originally Posted by BellCoBobcats09
I was told tonight by a Bell Co football player that Junior Caleb Carter was measured at 6'6 tonight during the Physical Fitness Test.

I was in the weight room and watched him bench 350lb and squat 470lb and believe it or not he's only 15 year old. Already getting looks from UK and Notre Dame..
wow where do you find these boys..
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Believe me or not. Its the truth. Everybody said I was lying when I posted Roark was leaving Middlesboro way back in Feb too.

Anyways Do you think DAWSON will end up at Kentucky? I hope he does because he is a badass LB!!

I believe you my good man.

It's really hard to tell where Lamar Dawson will end up at this moment. He is indeed a very good linebacker. He is a top 100 player on several websites and has earned that right to be. I will say that Kentucky will be in his top 3 when he has those 3 hats laying on the table. :biggrin:
sawmill Wrote:wow where do you find these boys..

Ah. Size isn't everything. :biggrin:
bac2369 Wrote:I agree. Some of the kids have to step up. I believe they will be ok, They will have weapons. The Richard trent kid is playing Qb i believe, then hes gonna have the fletcher and prichard kid to back him up. Last year the team was basically a 2 man team but this years team i see balance if used right. Last years team was not used right. This year i believe there line will be much better and should open up some holes and give the Qb time to throw.

i agree that they could be ok if some players step up but you have to realize that there line will be even more down than last year they only return two starters one playing both ways.so with this i do not thing the qb will have time to throw but i wish them the best of luck
Johnson Central in 5a they will get past highlands and win state.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I believe you my good man.

It's really hard to tell where Lamar Dawson will end up at this moment. He is indeed a very good linebacker. He is a top 100 player on several websites and has earned that right to be. I will say that Kentucky will be in his top 3 when he has those 3 hats laying on the table. :biggrin:

When do you guys play Corbin? Is it Aug 21st? If so I will make the 45 min drive up to Corbin that evening. Bell Co plays that Friday night the 20th. That game Corbin and Boyle Co will be a great GAME!!! I want to watch Lamar play some.
Its too bad that Bell Co and Boyle Co cant play in the State Championship game itself. Usually this State Semi matchup has produced the last 2 4A State Champs and both games have been won by 2 and 3 pts.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Johnson Central in 5a they will get past highlands and win state.

Have they incorporated the pass in their offense? Without that I don't believe they will compete with the Bluebirds. JMO.

:Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Its too bad that Bell Co and Boyle Co cant play in the State Championship game itself. Usually this State Semi matchup has produced the last 2 4A State Champs and both games have been won by 2 and 3 pts.

I agree 100%.
Hatz Wrote:Have they incorporated the pass in their offense? Without that I don't believe they will compete with the Bluebirds. JMO.

:Thumbs:

Absolutely. You can't be predictable. If Johnson Central can mix things up a little bit more than they usually do with success then they will have a legit shot to beat anybody.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:When do you guys play Corbin? Is it Aug 21st? If so I will make the 45 min drive up to Corbin that evening. Bell Co plays that Friday night the 20th. That game Corbin and Boyle Co will be a great GAME!!! I want to watch Lamar play some.

Boyle County will play at Corbin on September 4th. Game time is 7:30. Good thing for you my good friend is that it is indeed a Saturday game.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Johnson Central in 5a they will get past highlands and win state.

That's a very bold statement...

Ram Fan04 Wrote:That's a very bold statement...

Not bold at all. Johnson Central returns alot. There are going to be tough this year.
tradition Wrote:Not bold at all. Johnson Central returns alot. There are going to be tough this year.

Highlands has won 3 consecutive 5A titles.

They have not been defeated by a KY team in those years.

They too return a lot of key personnel. (Charlie22 where are you?)

Highlands finished last season ranked nationally.

In JC's experience vs. the Birds last year they were buried and scored a 4th quarter TD to make it look deceivingly close.

2008 HHS 35 JCHS 21
2009 HHS 42 JCHS 21

All that adds up to: a Bold statement. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Highlands has won 3 consecutive 5A titles.

They have not been defeated by a KY team in those years.

They too return a lot of key personnel. (Charlie22 where are you?)

Highlands finished last season ranked nationally.

In JC's experience vs. the Birds last year they were buried and scored a 4th quarter TD to make it look deceivingly close.

2008 HHS 35 JCHS 21
2009 HHS 42 JCHS 21

All that adds up to: a Bold statement. :Thumbs:

I know Highlands history with Johnson Central. JC is going to be very good this year and the team to beat.
tradition Wrote:I know Highlands history with Johnson Central. JC is going to be very good this year and the team to beat.

I am not saying JC is not going to be good, but until someone beats Highlands, they are the team to beat.
sstack Wrote:I am not saying JC is not going to be good, but until someone beats Highlands, they are the team to beat.

Well my thought is that highlands has had alot of trouble with JC's offense if JC can just not make a ton of mistakes they could very well take care of highlands and get that state championship.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Well my thought is that highlands has had alot of trouble with JC's offense if JC can just not make a ton of mistakes they could very well take care of highlands and get that state championship.

If JC can develop a passing game, look out.
tradition Wrote:If JC can develop a passing game, look out.

Maybe some play action, but they dont need to try anything other than a wishbone. It works very well keeping things simple is never a bad idea.
I really don't think you can count lexcath out of the discussion in 4a they are very well coached and reload every year
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:When do you guys play Corbin? Is it Aug 21st? If so I will make the 45 min drive up to Corbin that evening. Bell Co plays that Friday night the 20th. That game Corbin and Boyle Co will be a great GAME!!! I want to watch Lamar play some.

I personally don't think the Boyle Corbin game will be all that good. Corbin rebuilding this year. Just my opinion.
delete
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:delete

Hahaha. BCB09 I like you.

Seriously though, I spoke to a couple of corbin insiders and they are "guardedly optimitic" about the upcoming season. Lost several good players. Don't think Boyle will put up 45 or anything like that I just dont see how Corbin will be able to move the ball. You never know though, thats why you play the game.
64black&gold Wrote:Hahaha. BCB09 I like you.

Seriously though, I spoke to a couple of corbin insiders and they are "guardedly optimitic" about the upcoming season. Lost several good players. Don't think Boyle will put up 45 or anything like that I just dont see how Corbin will be able to move the ball. You never know though, thats why you play the game.

Yeah I figured im not here to flame but talk about some real good football. LOL..

After I made that comment about Corbin I looked at their of who they lost and they indeed lost ALOT.. So it probably want be much of a game. To be honest Corbin losing both starting RB's from last year, Boyle might just shut them out.

Us and Corbin dont get along after they refuse to play us anymore. I will be there with my Bell Co shirt on. You guys want get mad if I sit on the Boyle Co side will you guys? LOl..
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Yeah I figured im not here to flame but talk about some real good football. LOL..

After I made that comment about Corbin I looked at their of who they lost and they indeed lost ALOT.. So it probably want be much of a game. To be honest Corbin losing both starting RB's from last year, Boyle might just shut them out.

Us and Corbin dont get along after they refuse to play us anymore. I will be there with my Bell Co shirt on. You guys want get mad if I sit on the Boyle Co side will you guys? LOl..

Come on....at least we don't have to worry about Corbin parents asking us to get out of their seats before our game was over like last year. I had almost forgotten about that. Now I really hope it's not close !!!!!!