Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Virginia Team Thread
Since We Have Some West Virginia Fans On Here When There Is News About The West Virginia Post It Here So There Won't Be So Many Threads!
How is WVUs football team looking this year.
They are always a pretty good contender
I don't have high hopes. Stewart has a tendency to blow games via bad coaching decisions. Auburn, FSU, and South Florida are prime examples of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But, he has beaten teams that he was not supposed to beat. Pitt last year and UNC in the Charlotte Bowl in 08. I predict a 7-5 finish. Defensive side of the ball looks good. 8 starters from last year return. Big question marks are Special Teams, Offensive Line, and new QB Geno Smith.
Strikeout King Wrote:Since We Have Some West Virginia Fans On Here When There Is News About The West Virginia Post It Here So There Won't Be So Many Threads!

I feel safe speaking for danderousdaneerfan when I say that he and I feel honored that we got our own thread. :Clap:
I hope for the best for the Neers and I hope that Huggy bear is doing well.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.shuless.com
Go Mountaineers!
Dan back staps coach stewart and when he came to sistersville dan shook his hand and told him to keep up the good work. the guy coached at dans high school sistersvile. WV fans will find out he is not as bad as they say he is. WV finished 24th in the nation in the final ap poll. KY fans would be going crazy.WV fans better back their head coach. Dan also thinks coach that just retired from kentucky sucked as a coach. I wish wv played KY every year. WV would win about half the time but they think they would win 99% of the time.They did beat KY for the first time in 50 years in basketball. WV had a very good team. They beat a bunch of 18 year old. Losing to WV was nohing to be ashamed of.I love the mountaineers but their fans are number 1 in many catergories and none of them are good.
I predict WV to do no worse thn 9-3. Their whole defense is back,,almost. Devine is one of the best backs in the country and they have a good young qb that might wind up playing on sunday's.
catwoman Wrote:Dan back staps coach stewart and when he came to sistersville dan shook his hand and told him to keep up the good work. the guy coached at dans high school sistersvile. WV fans will find out he is not as bad as they say he is. WV finished 24th in the nation in the final ap poll. KY fans would be going crazy.WV fans better back their head coach. Dan also thinks coach that just retired from kentucky sucked as a coach. I wish wv played KY every year. WV would win about half the time but they think they would win 99% of the time.They did beat KY for the first time in 50 years in basketball. WV had a very good team. They beat a bunch of 18 year old. Losing to WV was nohing to be ashamed of.I love the mountaineers but their fans are number 1 in many catergories and none of them are good.

"if yer skeered, get a dawg."
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I don't have high hopes. Stewart has a tendency to blow games via bad coaching decisions. Auburn, FSU, and South Florida are prime examples of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But, he has beaten teams that he was not supposed to beat. Pitt last year and UNC in the Charlotte Bowl in 08. I predict a 7-5 finish. Defensive side of the ball looks good. 8 starters from last year return. Big question marks are Special Teams, Offensive Line, and new QB Geno Smith.

In other words WVU will have a typical WVU seaon: Nothing special.
catwoman Wrote:Dan back staps coach stewart and when he came to sistersville dan shook his hand and told him to keep up the good work. the guy coached at dans high school sistersvile. WV fans will find out he is not as bad as they say he is. WV finished 24th in the nation in the final ap poll. KY fans would be going crazy.WV fans better back their head coach. Dan also thinks coach that just retired from kentucky sucked as a coach. I wish wv played KY every year. WV would win about half the time but they think they would win 99% of the time.They did beat KY for the first time in 50 years in basketball. WV had a very good team. They beat a bunch of 18 year old. Losing to WV was nohing to be ashamed of.I love the mountaineers but their fans are number 1 in many catergories and none of them are good.

And if WVU played in the SEC like UK they might win one conference game a year (Vanderbilt).
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:http://www.shuless.com

That is probably the dumbest website I have ever seen in my life..

Crap like that doesn't look good on a school at all. I'd be ashamed if UK had a site like that.
Ballers Wrote:That is probably the dumbest website I have ever seen in my life..

Crap like that doesn't look good on a school at all. I'd be ashamed if UK had a site like that.

They're WVU fans. They have no pride.
Westside Wrote:They're WVU fans. They have no pride.

After going to that website.. I feel like dangerousdaneer fan's location which is "Sistersville" is trying to tell us something.. Something that I don't want to know about.
Ballers Wrote:After going to that website.. I feel like dangerousdaneer fan's location which is "Sistersville" is trying to tell us something.. Something that I don't want to know about.

There once was a girl from Sistersville
She wouldn't....
But her sister will!!!!

Sistersville, West Virginia
population 1200
Had an oil boom in the late 1800's-early 1900's that swelled the towns population to 10,000.
It's high school won 7 West Virginia small school football titles (1953, 1964, 1980, 1981, 1984, 1985, and 1986)
Maintains one of the last Ferry boat operations that crosses the Ohio River to Fly, Ohio.

Hometown of both dangerousdaneerfan and catwomen.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:There once was a girl from Sistersville
She wouldn't....
But her sister will!!!!

population 1200
Had an oil boom in the late 1800's-early 1900's that swelled the towns population to 10,000.
It's high school won 7 West Virginia small school football titles (1953, 1964, 1980, 1981, 1984, 1985, and 1986)
Maintains one of the last Ferry boat operations that crosses the Ohio River to Fly, Ohio.

Hometown of Joel Wilson!!!!
That Sisterville sounds like one of those Texas powerhouses. Where the community revolves around the high schools football games and everything is about it.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:There once was a girl from Sistersville
She wouldn't....
But her sister will!!!!

population 1200

Then that explains a lot then... Catwoman on here is just a rediculous poster.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:That Sisterville sounds like one of those Texas powerhouses. Where the community revolves around the high schools football games and everything is about it.

Used to be, but not now. The high school closed in 1993 and consolidated with the other high school in Tyler County. They are starting their 18th football season and to date, they have only made the state playoffs 5 times in football and was last to the state basketball tournament in 1996. But, they do have one state volleyball title to show for the 18 years the school has been in existence.

As for catwomen, we grew up together, played football and baseball together as kids, and, until last year, I had not seen him since he and his family moved to Kentucky some 35 years ago.
Sisterville Football. R.I.P. Hopefully the newer school gets it worked out.
[SIZE="4"]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Sisterville Football. R.I.P. Hopefully the newer school gets it worked out.

Two college football coaches started their coaching careers at tiny Sistersville High School. The first was fired after his one and only season in 1938. He moved on to Parkersburg High School and coached state title teams. He moved on to Syracuse University and coached Heisman Trophy winners Jim Brown and Ernie Davis. His name was Ben Swartzwalter.

The other arrived in the fall of 1975 fresh out of college. He spent two years coaching backs and recievers under Tom Swisher. He left after the 1976 season and made stops at North Carolina, Marshall, AFA, the CFL, and had a head job at VMI. He became an assistant at WVU under Don Nehlen and Rich Fraud. He won the head job after the upset Fiesta Bowl won over Oklahoma. His name is Bill Stewart.