Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5A District 8 Breakdown
This district is a very competitive district,with that said here is an unbiased opinion on how this shakes out.My district champion will be the Harlan County Blackbears!This team always have great O and D line play.Throw in a group of good young skilled players and you have the perfect combination for a district title.Oh yea lets not forget the Bears also have the best coach in the district also.My 2nd place team will be the Letcher County Cougars.The Cougars return alot of good players,including the best Quarterback in the mountains Logan Johnson.Johnson is truely a dual threat QB.,with a very special skill set.Letcher has lots of talent,but the problem will be depth this year,as most of the Cougars will be pulling double duty.3rd will be the North Laurel Jaguars.I feel this year the young Jags take a big step foward and start to show much improvement.The 4thplace team will be PCC a new coach [Justin Haddix]and he will be bringing his pass happy offense to Perry Central.Perry big question mark will be at the QB.position.Early season reports have a transfer from Breathitt County taking the snaps.Boy does he have big shoes to fill [Jordin Amis].Before you Commodore fans get bent out of shape about these rankings,the Dores only won 2 district games last year with in my opinion a more talented and experienced team.This leaves Clay County and Whitley County on the outside looking in.Both of these teams are capable of making the playoffs.Clay probably has a little better chance than Whitley,because Whitley lost so much to graduation.It was a very tough call with Perry ,and Clay.This is just my thoughts,good luck to all the teams in this district.
It looks like every game in that district will be a playoff game. This may be the most even district, top to bottom, in 5A. It is going to be a fun season!
This is how it will be IMO.
1. Clay
2. Harlan
3. Perry
4. Letcher
5. North Laurel
6. Whitley
king360 Wrote:This is how it will be IMO.
1. Clay
2. Harlan
3. Perry
4. Letcher
5. North Laurel
6. Whitley

Clay won ZERO district games last season. As a matter of fact, they were blown out in every district game except 1 last year. Just curious what changes with the same players on the field to give them a #1 ranking?
3wishes Wrote:Clay won ZERO district games last season. As a matter of fact, they were blown out in every district game except 1 last year. Just curious what changes with the same players on the field to give them a #1 ranking?

Just trust the King!..lol
I know Whitley lost a lot from last year but, is the cupboard THAT bare? I think Whitley will still be in the thick of the district race at the end of the year.
1. letcher
2. harlan
3. pcc
4. clay
5. whitley
6. north laurel
3wishes Wrote:Clay won ZERO district games last season. As a matter of fact, they were blown out in every district game except 1 last year. Just curious what changes with the same players on the field to give them a #1 ranking?

Why live in the past? This is a new season with a new start for every team. In my opion just about any team in this district could end up on top including Clay.

GO TIGERS
Clay Co. lost seven starters last year. Just like anything else, it will most likely come down to who wants it the most. One other factor that has not been mentioned is the officiating at PCC and LCC. Those fans won't like what I'm saying but it's absolutely terrible. I don't think they cheat, I just think they're very inept. I did however last year see an offical go to Hillard Howard and shake his hand just as the first half ended in an important district game.
FootballManiac Wrote:Why live in the past? This is a new season with a new start for every team. In my opion just about any team in this district could end up on top including Clay.

GO TIGERS

If I were comparing the 2010 team to the 1990 team then I'd understand your point, however, when discussing this season all we have is the most recent results and that was last year and it so happens that all those boys were on that team last year playing the same schedule they will this year so it is a very very fair and honest comparision since it is all we have to go on. I mean we cannot go on their 7on7 results or their weightlifting results from their off-season.

Every prediction thread is bombarded with comparisions from the year prior, just stating facts.
BIG TONY Wrote:Clay Co. lost seven starters last year. Just like anything else, it will most likely come down to who wants it the most. One other factor that has not been mentioned is the officiating at PCC and LCC. Those fans won't like what I'm saying but it's absolutely terrible. I don't think they cheat, I just think they're very inept. I did however last year see an offical go to Hillard Howard and shake his hand just as the first half ended in an important district game.

I agree. It happened in several games. Hillard is gone. I hope the favoritism changes and the opposing teams will get a better chance.
3wishes Wrote:If I were comparing the 2010 team to the 1990 team then I'd understand your point, however, when discussing this season all we have is the most recent results and that was last year and it so happens that all those boys were on that team last year playing the same schedule they will this year so it is a very very fair and honest comparision since it is all we have to go on. I mean we cannot go on their 7on7 results or their weightlifting results from their off-season.

Every prediction thread is bombarded with comparisions from the year prior, just stating facts.
Agree. Games in this district aren't won on just talent. Every Friday is a war and you had better have a physical and mental toughness about you, if you are going to win.
touchdownkentucky Wrote:This district is a very competitive district,with that said here is an unbiased opinion on how this shakes out.My district champion will be the Harlan County Blackbears!This team always have great O and D line play.Throw in a group of good young skilled players and you have the perfect combination for a district title.Oh yea lets not forget the Bears also have the best coach in the district also.My 2nd place team will be the Letcher County Cougars.The Cougars return alot of good players,including the best Quarterback in the mountains Logan Johnson.Johnson is truely a dual threat QB.,with a very special skill set.Letcher has lots of talent,but the problem will be depth this year,as most of the Cougars will be pulling double duty.3rd will be the North Laurel Jaguars.I feel this year the young Jags take a big step foward and start to show much improvement.The 4thplace team will be PCC a new coach [Justin Haddix]and he will be bringing his pass happy offense to Perry Central.Perry big question mark will be at the QB.position.Early season reports have a transfer from Breathitt County taking the snaps.Boy does he have big shoes to fill [Jordin Amis].Before you Commodore fans get bent out of shape about these rankings,the Dores only won 2 district games last year with in my opinion a more talented and experienced team.This leaves Clay County and Whitley County on the outside looking in.Both of these teams are capable of making the playoffs.Clay probably has a little better chance than Whitley,because Whitley lost so much to graduation.It was a very tough call with Perry ,and Clay.This is just my thoughts,good luck to all the teams in this district.

Harlan never really wow'd me with their O
It is a competive district but I think LCC will win. Offense and Defense is going to be something to watch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
zaga_fan Wrote:Harlan never really wow'd me with their O

I think you may be a tad wowed this year...just my opinion. GO BEARS!!!
No doubt, this is the most competitive in the state. I will give my opinion on how things will shake out. 1.)Harlan County 2.)Letcher County Central 3.)Perry Central 4.)North Laurel 5.)Clay County 6.)Whitley County. I think Whitley will be banged up bad most all of the season beginning week one. Clay may fool me and end up third. North Laurel is still building but will give any of these teams a run for their money on any given night. Biggest games in the regular season:HC vs LCC and LCC vs Perry Central. If my memory serves me right, the last Perry vs LCC game at Perry was a barnburner. Something tells me a barn will burn and tempers will flare at this one. All this is just my opinion. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!!
Forever Maroon Wrote:I know Whitley lost a lot from last year but, is the cupboard THAT bare? I think Whitley will still be in the thick of the district race at the end of the year.

At the end of the day Whitley will still be Whitley, physical and fast. They'll be fine and make the playoffs and still have a shot at district. There backfield will actually be better than last year, the o line is the big question mark. If we get s some good young men up front dont be suprised to see Whitley back on top again.
Watch out for the Bowlin kid. He can flat out run, played some last year one of the faster kids ive seen in a while, and the bramlett kid is just a pre monster of a fullback that can flat run you over.
1. LCC
2. HC
3. NL
4. WC
5. CC
6. PCC

1 and 2 was a hard decsion but I went with LCC b/c the game will be at LCC between the two.
This is the way I see it
1. LCC
2. WC
3. HC
4. PCC
5. NL
6. Clay
09dores you have lost your mind.

Remember those words when Clay plays pcc . Clay will demolish Perry. You idiot, They have all their key players back from last year. Two of which were out with injuries when they came to Perry and got jobbed by the officials.
I think it's going to come down to Perry and Letcher.
1.HC
2.LCC
3.Clay
4.N.Laurel
5.Whitley
6.Perry
jed Wrote:09dores you have lost your mind.

Remember those words when Clay plays pcc . Clay will demolish Perry. You idiot, They have all their key players back from last year. Two of which were out with injuries when they came to Perry and got jobbed by the officials.

not nice to call names...

2. Harlan lost 28-7
3. Perry lost 14-0
4. Letcher lost 52-20
5. North Laurel lost 33-8
6. Whitley lost 30-26
i argee clay wont win district but they didnt get blow out in every district game 3 game of 20 or more
My pick would be LCC but its already been said this district is wide open!!
rebel 4 life Wrote:2. Harlan lost 28-7
3. Perry lost 14-0
4. Letcher lost 52-20
5. North Laurel lost 33-8
6. Whitley lost 30-26
i argee clay wont win district but they didnt get blow out in every district game 3 game of 20 or more

Re-read my post I said all but 1 and that was the Whitley County game. They were never in the Perry game and got shut out. I was accurate.
1. LCC
2. PCC
3. Harlan
4. Whitley
5. North Laurel
6. PCC
I'd like to see PCC win it but heres my prediction.

1.Clay Co.
2.Letcher Cent.
3.Perry Cent.
4.Harlan Co.
5.Whitley
6.North Laurel.
This season will be much like a college football season. Every single game will count, and potentially be the difference in 1st or 4th.
jed Wrote:09dores you have lost your mind.

You mad bro?

Anyways, my prediction:

1. Harlan County
2. Perry Central
3. Letcher Central
4. Clay County
5. North Laurel
6. Whitley County

This district will re-define 'log jam' come playoff time, theres no way anyone on here can predict how this season will turn out in this district.