Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medal of Honor
This game is supposed to be badass...it follows Tier One operators through operations mainly in Afghanistan. These dudes are the most hardcore guys we have in the military. They're above everyone else..Delta, SEAL's, Marine Force Recon, they're a step above that.

This game is supposed to be a mix between Call of Duty, Battlefield and Splinter Cell. More like COD though. I'll be picking this up the day it comes out, if possible.

Watch the videos...

http://www.medalofhonor.com/
No one is interested in this game at all?
Looks pretty awesome, looks like it would play a lot like Cod. Hopefully there's no ground vehicles in the online play.
I have had some intrest in this game since last years E3, when it was first shown.
I don't know what the big **** deal is with being able to play as the "Taliban" in this game. MW2 has the Taliban in it, but it just isn't called that, it's called OpFor, which means Opposition Force for the ones that don't know. Medal of Honor might have decided to go with with Taliban instead of using OpFor because it might've looked to much like MW2.

I don't know why it's such a big deal...I've lost friends over there, alot. But it doesn't bother me a bit. It's a freakin' game. It would **** me off if Hajji made it, but they didn't, so I'm fine with it.

If you don't like the game, don't play it!
Wow. This game is great.

For those of you that haven't got it yet or just don't know, the campaign is based on Operation Anaconda and The Battle of Robert's Ridge. Op Anaconda was a huge operation in the mountains of Eastern Afghanistan, just miles from the Pakistan border, involving both SOF and regular Army units from the 101st Airborne and 10th Mountain. The Battle of Robert's Ridge was the battle that ensued after a Navy SEAL fell from the back of a MH-47 helicopter onto the top of Takur Ghar.

Google this stuff and you'll be amazed at how close the game is to the real operation. My 1st cousin was a pilot of one of the MH-47 helo's that was on it's way with a Quick Reaction Force of Army Rangers to rescue the SEAL's stuck on the mountain, it was shot down and 11 of them died. That mission is on the game...he played it and has had nightmares ever since. I just can't believe how accurate the game is.

I recommend this game to anyone who likes these kind of games, IMO, the campaign is 10x than COD4 or MW2.
Game is good not great.

Single player campaign is too short. Action is really good. Story is very good. Biggest complaint is that too short.

Multiplayer is great. Every match is intense. I dont like having to give a forfeit everytime I want to get out of the current game I am in. The game should take you to a lobby pre-match so you can decide to play or not.
I think the game is great. The campaign did it for me. I can't play MP much right now, but I think it's alright, nothing spectacular. The accuracy of the campaign is just amazing.

I'd get used to the short campaign if I were you. They've been getting shorter and shorter in every game since online play has exploded on consoles over the past 5 years. It's only slightly shorter than MW2's, the difference is that MoH's missions are alot longer. I'm surprised you only think it's good when you say everything else is exceptional.
vundy33 Wrote:I think the game is great. The campaign did it for me. I can't play MP much right now, but I think it's alright, nothing spectacular. The accuracy of the campaign is just amazing.

I'd get used to the short campaign if I were you. They've been getting shorter and shorter in every game since online play has exploded on consoles over the past 5 years. It's only slightly shorter than MW2's, the difference is that MoH's missions are alot longer. I'm surprised you only think it's good when you say everything else is exceptional.
Like what? MoH would have been great but at times it got frustrating for me. Like when your in a mission and the enemies just keep coming till you hit an exact spot on the map or when you have to wait on something specific to happen and the game kinda gets stuck. I really did like it though. I guess I was just disappointed in it after waiting since last year for it.
In the last post before this one, you thought everything else was good.

That's an "accidental glitch" that they're apparently fixing. That doesn't really bother me though. The story and accuracy to the real events is just what got me. I guess most people just like it for MP and all that, but I like the authenticity of games like this more than anything else, especially when I'm a big war history guy, lol.
Accidental glitch? Explain.
lol, yeah, that's what I said. I'm guessing while making the game, somehow the enemy re-spawning over and over in the same spot unless you actually pass it or get to it got looked over. It's annoying, but I seen on their website forum that they were working on a patch thing, and it will fix that in the Campaign automatically.

Kind of reminds me of how EA managed to let us unlock the extra uni's for NCAA11, then get online and we automatically get them. What sucked about that tho, after I played an offline dynasty for a few days those uni's disappeared. When I went into the demo to see what was wrong, it showed it like I hadn't played it and unlocked them all, it went back to the same way it was right when I downloaded it. ****ed me off man, lol. I love those uniforms.
I thought the single player campaign was just to short. I mean it took less than 3 hours to beat the entire game?
Campaign was short. But, my son loves the on-line battles.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Graphics are awesome on this game.

I still prefer COD's gameplay.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Graphics are awesome on this game.

I still prefer COD's gameplay.

Oh yeah. Especially multiplayer. MOH's gameplay was better than I thought it would be though..
vundy33 Wrote:Oh yeah. Especially multiplayer. MOH's gameplay was better than I thought it would be though..
I took my copy and traded it in on Black Ops.
I thought about that, but I can't. I'm weird like that. My cousin almost died from those battles and it seems like a part of history to me.

I'm going to trade Red Dead and some cash for it.