Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
67.86%
Johnson Central
32.14%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Johnson Central 8/20
After my Eagles got throttled last at Boyle it was a long ride home. Just trying to get some thoughts on this years matchup. Can't beat a game like this for week 1!

Also, can someone add a poll for me cause i don't know how. Thanks.
Ill take Boyle 28 to 7.
I hope know one gets hurt. This is going to be a really great game. Go rebels defend the pride.
Boyle County returns a great defense. Johnson Central returns alot of talent. Simply put, this could be a tough game for both teams. However, when it's all said and done, I'll take a great defense over a good run team anyday. Boyle County wins but not like year. I'll say 35-14.
I like Boyle County 35-7. There Defense is gonna be REAL good this year
I think it will be a touchdown difference in this one. Boyle once again is a great team but JC is a little different this year from what i've seen. I would be very surprised if this one turns out ugly either way. Really looking forward to a great game and season.
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:I think it will be a touchdown difference in this one. Boyle once again is a great team but JC is a little different this year from what I've seen. I would be very surprised if this one turns out ugly either way. Really looking forward to a great game and season.

I think Boyle's defence will be just to much your not going to beat Boyle by a run style offence.
sawmill Wrote:I think Boyle's defence will be just to much your not going to beat Boyle by a run style offence.

I disagree. It won't be easy but it can be done. Balancing the O would help for sure but it can be done.
i say JC wins this year by 10, i hear alot about Boyles D, but wheres the O coming from this year?
Boyle Co 21
JC 7

Question mark is Boyle Co's offense. We know the defense will be awesome with Lamar Dawson leading the way.
sawmill Wrote:I think Boyle's defence will be just to much your not going to beat Boyle by a run style offence.

I can agree with this. For Johnson Central to be able to win this game they will need to mix things up a bit. Being one dimensional against Boyle County isn't going to win the game.
Can some of the Boyle Co fans fill us in on what the offense will look like this year. Whats some names and what are their positions. I want to know for myself. Thanks.
Boyle by 7.
I agree with Boyles defence being top notch,J.C. has some great runners,maybe best game in the state to watch that week. Toss-up!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Can some of the Boyle Co fans fill us in on what the offense will look like this year. Whats some names and what are their positions. I want to know for myself. Thanks.

Boyle County has two returning offensive lineman. Running the quarterback position will be Devan Hale. This kid has an arm and very good touch. At the running back position several kids will come in and out. Not sure who the starter is yet but it will be either Chris Cook, Alec Camden or Devon Cox. That is a great group of running backs. Not as explosive as MacShara but these kids will definitely get the job done. Lamar Dawson will be TE/WR depending on the offensive set. Jarrod Harrington and Bryan Ferrell are the projected starting receivers. Stephen Talbott will get some action and a few other kids like Tommy Hastings will as well. That pretty much sums it up. Once the offense gets going, watch out! The offense is going to be good.

Watch out for Devan Hale because the kid can produce. I think some people might be surprised by him. I can't wait to see him take the snaps. He has waited his turn for this long and I believe he is going to make the most of it.

Anyways. I think that should help a little. :Thumbs:
BoyleCounty Wrote:Boyle County has two returning offensive lineman. Running the quarterback position will be Devan Hale. This kid has an arm and very good touch. At the running back position several kids will come in and out. Not sure who the starter is yet but it will be either Chris Cook, Alec Camden or Devon Cox. That is a great group of running backs. Not as explosive as MacShara but these kids will definitely get the job done. Lamar Dawson will be TE/WR depending on the offensive set. Jarrod Harrington and Bryan Ferrell are the projected starting receivers. Stephen Talbott will get some action and a few other kids like Tommy Hastings will as well. That pretty much sums it up. Once the offense gets going, watch out! The offense is going to be good.

Watch out for Devan Hale because the kid can produce. I think some people might be surprised by him. I can't wait to see him take the snaps. He has waited his turn for this long and I believe he is going to make the most of it.

Anyways. I think that should help a little. :Thumbs:

Thanks!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Thanks!

Not a problem at all.
If JC can't pass, It's going to be hard to knock off the Rebels. With all 4 starting linebackers back, 2 linemen, and a safty, points are going to be even harder to get against our defense this year.

I'm hearing Boyle has a kicker with one heck of a foot. Missed a 65 yard fieldgoal by a couple of yards in practice. As last year will tell you, the kicking game can make all the difference. The last two Boyle/Bell games was decide by fieldgoals and everybody knows what happended at state.
I just dont think running the ball will get in done againest Boyle
yes,Boyle returns good D...but,if the offense cant score any points how do ya win...just saying...this is one of the three they lose
Boyle has lost one game in the last two seasons,no way they lose 3.
rd11 Wrote:yes,Boyle returns good D...but,if the offense cant score any points how do ya win...just saying...this is one of the three they lose

The only game that i can see Boyle possibly losing would be Lex cath.this group of seniors are the best Boyle has had since Chuck Smith left for UK.the offense will have more balence this year by mid season they will be hard to defend.
rd11 Wrote:yes,Boyle returns good D...but,if the offense cant score any points how do ya win...just saying...this is one of the three they lose

Heard this last year. Last year the state's leading rushing team was embarassed (70 something yards rushing for the game). With Dawson leading the way on D I see harder times for this game for the Eagles...just saying...:biggrin:
This is a tossup for me. I'll take BC 13-7 though.
Just got home from watching the rebels practice and all I can say is WOW!! I don't think they missed a thing over the off season...:Clap::Clap:
sawmill Wrote:Just got home from watching the rebels practice and all I can say is WOW!! I don't think they missed a thing over the off season...:Clap::Clap:

Good news to hear! :Thumbs:

:thatsfunn No way they lose three.

Look, the offense is going to be very balanced this year. Just believe that they will be very effective. You'll see. :Thumbs:
Boyle will be hard to beat.

I'm going to answer a question with a question. How is Johnson Central going to score if they can't move the ball?
BoyleCounty Wrote:I'm going to answer a question with a question. How is Johnson Central going to score if they can't move the ball?

Not saying JC will win but i promise BC players and fans will not have the same thoughts after playing JC this year. I honestly believe we will move the ball and play a tight game with Boyle. Will we rack up 400 rushing, probably not but it will not be the same team you saw last year. If Boyle comes in thinking what they saw last year is the JC of this year they will head back home with an early loss. I hope it is a great game and both teams come out clean. Go Eagles!
  • 1(current)
  • Next