Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports: Brett Favre plans to retire
Brett Favre has informed the Vikings that he will not return for another season in Minnesota, the Star-Tribune reported Tuesday.

Favre has sent text messages to teammates saying, "This is it," league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Neither Favre nor the Vikings have confirmed the news but a press release is expected Tuesday, the sources said.

The Associated Press also reported that Favre is saying that he's not returning this season.

The Vikings' ownership is holding its annual meeting at training camp Tuesday morning.

This would be the third retirement for Favre, who also retired after 16 seasons with the Green Bay Packers after the 2007 season and one season with the New York Jets after the 2008 season.

The 40-year-old Favre has been working out at his home in Hattiesburg, Miss., still rehabbing a surgically repaired ankle that was injured in Minnesota's overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints in the NFC title game. He has yet to inform the team if he will honor the second year of his contract and come back for another run at the Super Bowl.

full story
ah he will retire and then right before the season starts he will get the "itch" again and be back. that's how he has done past few years
I will believe it when I see it.
Jarons Wrote:I will believe it when I see it.

Same here, but who knows..Third times a charm.
I know that the report says it but you can not get a read on this guy. I say he will be back.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sources are saying it...with that being brett that doesn't mean crap actually even if it was brett it still doesn't mean crap lol
beasy_bo Wrote:sources are saying it...with that being brett that doesn't mean crap actually even if it was brett it still doesn't mean crap lol

Amen!
He came back last year after there were a couple of preseason games already played....
never say never with Brett lol
Brett Favre just dont know when to quit hes announced it twice before no one knows if he is being honest or if hes lying because he cant make up his mind but i understand he wants to quit but he dont want to quit or leave the game he loves with a passion..
didn't he have surgery on his ankle or was it his throwing arm? if so what does that tell you? they also said awhile back that he would have to have surgery if he was gonna come back and he had the surgery
NightHawk Wrote:Brett Favre just dont know when to quit hes announced it twice before no one knows if he is being honest or if hes lying because he cant make up his mind but i understand he wants to quit but he dont want to quit or leave the game he loves with a passion..

Brett Favre needs to play until they disband the league!!!
zaga_fan Wrote:Brett Favre needs to play until they disband the league!!!

I think Brett has showed everything he needs to show.. He should retire, get it over with, and do some more Wrangler commercials.
Jarons Wrote:I will believe it when I see it.
:Thumbs:
Ballers Wrote:I think Brett has showed everything he needs to show.. He should retire, get it over with, and do some more Wrangler commercials.

I do love those Wrangler commercials lol. Brett still has plenty of game left though. It's funny at his age, he's still a top 10 QB in the league.
Aslan Wrote::Thumbs:

I do love those Wrangler commercials lol. Brett still has plenty of game left though. It's funny at his age, he's still a top 10 QB in the league.

Oh goodness, most definitley. Had a great season last year, kinda flopped in the playoffs.
Welp.
Brett Favre said today that he would play if healthy and has not said he's retiring....
here we go again!
zaga_fan Wrote:Welp.
Brett Favre said today that he would play if healthy and has not said he's retiring....
here we go again!

Lol :Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:Welp.
here we go again!

You know you love it!
Aslan Wrote:You know you love it!

Every second of it! Confusedticktong