Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: Shaq likely To Sign With Celtics Soon
Free-agent center Shaquille O'Neal will likely sign with the Boston Celtics, as soon as Tuesday night or Wednesday, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/new...id=5434969
I called this. And I would love to see Shaq in boston. You talk about having all-stars, the C's would be loaded with quite a few all-stars and former all-stars.
Strikeout King Wrote:Free-agent center Shaquille O'Neal will likely sign with the Boston Celtics, as soon as Tuesday night or Wednesday, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/new...id=5434969

Man, that's just sick.. Boston would then have 2 Oneal's.. This is just crazy.. Boston is after that championship just as well as Miami.. If this happens, dang what a game it will be. I will still be excited to see Cleveland VS Miami just to see the reaction of the Cavs fans.
^^I'm surprised some crazy fan in Cleveland hasn't burnt Lebrons house down yet.
Aslan Wrote:^^I'm surprised some crazy fan in Cleveland hasn't burnt Lebrons house down yet.

saw today where LeBron thanked Akron but didn't Thank The Cavaliers
^^^ Back onto the subject of the thread.

Shaq would provide adequate back up to Perkins. I actually like the move. They don't need much from the Original Superman.
Stardust Wrote:^^^ Back onto the subject of the thread.

Shaq would provide adequate back up to Perkins. I actually like the move. They don't need much from the Original Superman.

IMO, they'd replace Perkins with Shaq Attack.
It's pretty much official.. They have worked out a deal this morning per QQ and ESPN.
Ballers Wrote:IMO, they'd replace Perkins with Shaq Attack.

Nahh, Shaq is a one and done. Perkins will still be in their future.
man if o'neal goes to boston boston will be stacked yeahhh!!! boston going to sweep the whe playoffs=)
Stardust Wrote:Nahh, Shaq is a one and done. Perkins will still be in their future.

Agreed
Either way guys how many back-up centers as good as shaq in the league?? None in my opinion. there is a definant shortage of true good centers. Shaq is a great pick-up for the C's. It will make the Laker-Celtic rematch in the finals even more exciting.
K_Mac Wrote:Either way guys how many back-up centers as good as shaq in the league?? None in my opinion. there is a definant shortage of true good centers. Shaq is a great pick-up for the C's. It will make the Laker-Celtic rematch in the finals even more exciting.

I don't disagree, but he is nothing more than a back-up Center. No doubt that there is not likely a better Center that comes off the bench. But bench is it for Shaq. Shaq is a 15 minute guy now, and even at 15 minutes, it still very likely he will miss games due to strains. I like the pick-up, but how many games will he actually contribute in the Win/Loss columns will be very difficult to guage. If Kendrick is hurt, no one in their right mind should think that Shaq could be the answer at starting Center, he just can't do it physically any longer.
Shaq's a decent pickup for the money.
But Jermaine O'Neal and Shaq are both done...
anything you get out of either of them is a plus.
Watch for Shaq in the playoffs though.
He usually takes it easy until time to make a run, then he shows up big.
K_Mac Wrote:Either way guys how many back-up centers as good as shaq in the league?? None in my opinion. there is a definant shortage of true good centers. Shaq is a great pick-up for the C's. It will make the Laker-Celtic rematch in the finals even more exciting.

Quite a ways off before we start talking about a Laker and Celtics match in the finals... Wouldn;t you agree?
Stardust Wrote:I don't disagree, but he is nothing more than a back-up Center. No doubt that there is not likely a better Center that comes off the bench. But bench is it for Shaq. Shaq is a 15 minute guy now, and even at 15 minutes, it still very likely he will miss games due to strains. I like the pick-up, but how many games will he actually contribute in the Win/Loss columns will be very difficult to guage. If Kendrick is hurt, no one in their right mind should think that Shaq could be the answer at starting Center, he just can't do it physically any longer.

I have watched Shaq play for years ever since I was a kid.. He may be what 38? Trust me, he still has it in him.
Stardust Wrote:I don't disagree, but he is nothing more than a back-up Center. No doubt that there is not likely a better Center that comes off the bench. But bench is it for Shaq. Shaq is a 15 minute guy now, and even at 15 minutes, it still very likely he will miss games due to strains. I like the pick-up, but how many games will he actually contribute in the Win/Loss columns will be very difficult to guage. If Kendrick is hurt, no one in their right mind should think that Shaq could be the answer at starting Center, he just can't do it physically any longer.

I entirely agree he is a back-up center. But he is a great personality to have on the team, and i believe can fill the role well enough if perkins is out that the C's can still win.
Ballers Wrote:Quite a ways off before we start talking about a Laker and Celtics match in the finals... Wouldn;t you agree?

I'll agree. I called it this early last season and was right though. The east will be strong though, toss-up on who comes out of there. But i think we can agree the west will be dominated by LA.
K_Mac Wrote:I'll agree. I called it this early last season and was right though. The east will be strong though, toss-up on who comes out of there. But i think we can agree the west will be dominated by LA.

That's for sure mate.
K_Mac Wrote:I'll agree. I called it this early last season and was right though. The east will be strong though, toss-up on who comes out of there. But i think we can agree the west will be dominated by LA.

Dallas is still good, and the Thunder are a big man away from being title contenders but yes, other than that the West for once is the weaker conference.
Aslan Wrote:Dallas is still good, and the Thunder are a big man away from being title contenders but yes, other than that the West for once is the weaker conference.

I love Dirk in Dallas. But this will be the first time in quite awhile that the West will be weaker IMO. Usually the West as a whole is better then the east.
K_Mac Wrote:I love Dirk in Dallas. But this will be the first time in quite awhile that the West will be weaker IMO. Usually the West as a whole is better then the east.

:Thumbs:
I could be way out in left field but I don't think Shaq will help them that much.
^ I think he can give them 8-10 minutes as a back-up for Perkins, which may be possitive. If he has to play more than that, meaning that he has to start, the Celtics will be hurt by his inability to run the floor.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I could be way out in left field but I don't think Shaq will help them that much.

IMO, your way out in left field.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I could be way out in left field but I don't think Shaq will help them that much.

i must be there to....shaq is good but getting old. he'll help any team with for about 20 min or so, but i dont think he'll be a game winner like he was back in the day

I know this....
if they had Shaq when Perkins went down last year he would have made a difference.
zaga_fan Wrote:I know this....
if they had Shaq when Perkins went down last year he would have made a difference.

Exactly. They say Shaq dont make a difference but Shaq has starting center with Perkins out makes that line up much better then big baby would. Big baby played big in a game or two for the C's but even with Shaq's age I feel like he is still a more consistent player then davis. Last year in the Cavs final games Shaq was the only one who played and he had 22 in a game I believe. He is still capable of getting the job done when it counts. Shaq can still score with ease when they need an easy two. Plus he takes up a lot of space in the paint and will make it hard on teams to rebound and drive in the lane. Shaq may be old, but he is the best back-up center in the league, and I would rather play with him then against him.
News flash peeps, Perkins will be down til Feb of next year.. Who do you think will be filling that spot?
Ballers Wrote:News flash peeps, Perkins will be down til Feb of next year.. Who do you think will be filling that spot?

Shaq, Sheed, J-O'neal, or Big Baby

I'd give the nod to Shaq....
if he doesn't come in to camp overweight again....