Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeAndre Daniels Decommits from Texas
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm not hating...
I'm not retiring...
I'm just stating my opinion.
Which is what this whole site is about.
This is the guy you are saying is a lottery pick....

08-09 -Minutes 21.2 | Pts 5.3 | Rbs 3.1 | Ast 2.0 | TO 1.8
09-10 -Minutes 21.2 | Pts 6.5 | Rbs 2.5 | Ast 1.5 | TO .09
09-10 -Minutes 13.2 | Pts 3.4 | Rbs 3.3 | Ast 0.4 | TO 1.0

The above is from pick #29 in the first round of the 2010 NBA Draft. Don't throw stats at me when they obviously don't mean a hill of beans.

Elliott Williams went in the 2nd round and had an average of 17.9 PPG. Why didn't he go first in the draft instead of Wall who only averaged 16.6 PPG? Your reasoning is beyond crazy.
BCF4L Wrote:09-10 -Minutes 13.2 | Pts 3.4 | Rbs 3.3 | Ast 0.4 | TO 1.0

The above is from pick #29 in the first round of the 2010 NBA Draft. Don't throw stats at me when they obviously don't mean a hill of beans.

Elliott Williams went in the 2nd round and had an average of 17.9 PPG. Why didn't he go first in the draft instead of Wall who only averaged 16.6 PPG? Your reasoning is beyond crazy.

#29 is not a lottery pick btw
zaga_fan Wrote:#29 is not a lottery pick btw
Might not be, but all I'm saying is if Darius lives up to his expectations, he will be a lottery pick. What also hurt Orton was the fact that he did no pre-draft workouts because he didn't have an agent. Daniel went about it all wrong and suffered the consequences. When the season was over, most mock draft sites ranked him in the top 14.
Darius has great upside and can show scouts a lot of stuff that can translate to the NBA level. Working the point, floating over and playing the wing, slashing and driving, posting up and scoring, hustle and rebounding. I think that he can capitalize on all of these things this year and raise his draft stock. Much like how A.C. Law was, he has the potential to have a break out year and come out of nowhere onto the draft scene.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ What you didn't emphasize is his defenisive capabilities. He can block shots like someone several inches taller, and his length makes it very difficult to go through him.
Stardust Wrote:^ What you didn't emphasize is his defenisive capabilities. He can block shots like someone several inches taller, and his length makes it very difficult to go through him.

Those few pounds of muscle he put on will do him good.. Darius Miller is a changed man.. He's going to walk thru SEC this year.. The first game I seen him, I was like wait a minute is that Miller? No, can't be.. And sure enough it was. I watched every UK game last year, and IMO Miller has improved tremendously. You can tell by just looking at him.. I say that he doesn't even stay after this year, Cal has worked him up to be a leader on this team JUST FOR this season to make way for next years ****-acious class. After this season, he will be going in the first round draft, mark it down..
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm not hating...
I'm not retiring...
I'm just stating my opinion.
Which is what this whole site is about.
This is the guy you are saying is a lottery pick....

08-09 -Minutes 21.2 | Pts 5.3 | Rbs 3.1 | Ast 2.0 | TO 1.8
09-10 -Minutes 21.2 | Pts 6.5 | Rbs 2.5 | Ast 1.5 | TO .09

Realisticly speaking, Miller didn't get THAT many minutes.. You had the 5 freshman that hogged up all the minutes mostly.. Miller at best would play a few minutes, then be taken out.. then a few minutes more, then taken out again..

This year, he will have bigger minutes, and play as a bigger player instead of just a guard. Which makes me want to refer back to the muscle mass he is gained, that is strictly going to be used for defensive presence.. And from what I saw in Canada whether they be little kids or not, they were still playing college ball.
Ballers Wrote:Realisticly speaking, Miller didn't get THAT many minutes.. You had the 5 freshman that hogged up all the minutes mostly.. Miller at best would play a few minutes, then be taken out.. then a few minutes more, then taken out again..

This year, he will have bigger minutes, and play as a bigger player instead of just a guard. Which makes me want to refer back to the muscle mass he is gained, that is strictly going to be used for defensive presence.. And from what I saw in Canada whether they be little kids or not, they were still playing college ball.

I wish him the best...
I hope he does great...
I'm just saying he's not shown me anything.
A few games against canadian teams on a summer ball trip just isn't the forum to declare a player's draft status.
zaga_fan Wrote:I wish him the best...
I hope he does great...
I'm just saying he's not shown me anything.
A few games against canadian teams on a summer ball trip just isn't the forum to declare a player's draft status.

It wasn't just that Zaga, his form and everthing has changed for the better. Not to mention his shot is looking 10x's better. He's a new shining diamond. Get a grip mate are you mad?
Ballers Wrote:It wasn't just that Zaga, his form and everthing has changed for the better. Not to mention his shot is looking 10x's better. He's a new shining diamond. Get a grip mate are you mad?

I did not say Darius hasn't improved.
I didn't even say he was a bad player.
I said he's not a lottery pick.
He could be if he shows up big for UK this year, but unless he can continue to have the same success as he did against Windsor, who would be lucky to win the OVC or Sunbelt, he will NOT be a lottery pick.
zaga_fan Wrote:I did not say Darius hasn't improved.
I didn't even say he was a bad player.
I said he's not a lottery pick.
He could be if he shows up big for UK this year, but unless he can continue to have the same success as he did against Windsor, who would be lucky to win the OVC or Sunbelt, he will NOT be a lottery pick.

We"ll see.
Ballers Wrote:We"ll see.

That we will...
that we will...
BCF4L Wrote:Might not be, but all I'm saying is if Darius lives up to his expectations, he will be a lottery pick. What also hurt Orton was the fact that he did no pre-draft workouts because he didn't have an agent. Daniel went about it all wrong and suffered the consequences. When the season was over, most mock draft sites ranked him in the top 14.

That's a big IF. I hope he plays great for UK and has a long NBA career but nothing he's done up to this point makes me believe that's going to happen. He has the talent to do so, hopefully he reaches his potential
Got some tough NBA "Critics"/"Analysts" on here..
Stardust Wrote:^ What you didn't emphasize is his defenisive capabilities. He can block shots like someone several inches taller, and his length makes it very difficult to go through him.

Excellent observation. I can not believe I left out him stout defense. He is probably our best defensive weapon this year and I that just adds more to him overall appeal. It may not be next years draft but he is well on his was to work into the NBA!

Now, staying with this thread topic, Deandre Daniels is going to be going to a prep school for his 2010-11 season.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
king360 Wrote:Got some tough NBA "Critics"/"Analysts" on here..

lol..:rockon:
Aslan Wrote:That's a big IF. I hope he plays great for UK and has a long NBA career but nothing he's done up to this point makes me believe that's going to happen. He has the talent to do so, hopefully he reaches his potential

Aslan, where have you been?
They're killin' me in here!
zaga_fan Wrote:Aslan, where have you been?
They're killin' me in here!

Haha. I know man. What has he done up to this point to indicate he's going to be a lottery pick?
Aslan Wrote:Haha. I know man. What has he done up to this point to indicate he's going to be a lottery pick?

Based on what he's done now...
he's better off playing powerball than shooting for a top 14 pick.
zaga_fan Wrote:Based on what he's done now...
he's better off playing powerball than shooting for a top 14 pick.

Now let's not get carried away...
Aslan Wrote:Haha. I know man. What has he done up to this point to indicate he's going to be a lottery pick?

Spent a ton of time in the gym, got coach Cal to train him hard, and packed on about 20 lbs of muscle, shot looking a lot better, deadly 3 pointer.. That's all, nothing major.
Ballers Wrote:Spent a ton of time in the gym, got coach Cal to train him hard, and packed on about 20 lbs of muscle, shot looking a lot better, deadly 3 pointer.. That's all, nothing major.

There is too much talent in the NCAA right now, and once you add in overseas talent there is no room for Darius Miller in the draft lottery.
zaga_fan Wrote:There is too much talent in the NCAA right now, and once you add in overseas talent there is no room for Darius Miller in the draft lottery.

Please...the talent level of the NCAA just took a turn buddy.. All the good ppl got drafted, cept' maybe some of the Duke players and a few here and there.. Other then that, the new class of freshmen coming in will hold all the talent this year.. There is plenty of room for Darius Miller to be in the top 15 in the first round draft. Not to mention, some of those top recruits will be flops. None of ours IMO will be.
Anyone who thinks Darius hasn't improved his game is crazy, maybe they were less talented teams UK played but they played some scrubs last year too that Darius didn't do much against. His shot has improved tremendously and his arms went from looking like a green snake to a python..lol. I agree hes not gonna be a lottery pick this year, but if he improves in the next off season like he has in this one I could see him being a top 15 pick.
Ballers Wrote:Please...the talent level of the NCAA just took a turn buddy.. All the good ppl got drafted, cept' maybe some of the Duke players and a few here and there.. Other then that, the new class of freshmen coming in will hold all the talent this year.. There is plenty of room for Darius Miller to be in the top 15 in the first round draft. Not to mention, some of those top recruits will be flops. None of ours IMO will be.

of course not...
king360 Wrote:Anyone who thinks Darius hasn't improved his game is crazy, maybe they were less talented teams UK played but they played some scrubs last year too that Darius didn't do much against. His shot has improved tremendously and his arms went from looking like a green snake to a python..lol. I agree hes not gonna be a lottery pick this year, but if he improves in the next off season like he has in this one I could see him being a top 15 pick.

No one is saying he hasn't gotten any better....
just that he has not proven lottery pick status.
zaga_fan Wrote:No one is saying he hasn't gotten any better....
just that he has not proven lottery pick status.

Not this year, but his senior year I would bet his name will be in the mix.
king360 Wrote:Not this year, but his senior year I would bet his name will be in the mix.

:Thumbs:

If he does indeed stay after this year, look for him to go early. The way Cal has developed his team last year tho, not sure if he will push Darius to go to the draft this year or keep him for next.
king360 Wrote:Not this year, but his senior year I would bet his name will be in the mix.

I could agree with that...
but the statement that was made was that he would be a lottery pick this year.
That's what I disagreed with, and that's what everyone has went crazy about lol
You guys are basing way to much of this on those three games in Canada. Those teams were awful. I hope he has a great year and is a lottery pick but I just don't see it. It's hard to see him do what he did last year(which was next to nothing on the offensive end) to being a lottery pick this year. That's a huge leap. I'd be happy with him just making significant improvements from last year. Maybe by the time he's a senior then he might get drafted but a lottery pick is still a long shot.