Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls OVC large school
Just a point of interest on that Rowan County mention. Coach Tackett was NOT saying anything about the player. I was sitting next to him and he was just talking about the game with us and Verity's assistant coach was pre-occupied with taunting him...and the officials! I wasn't as bad as the Verity fans thought it was, but when you get upset things always seem to get worse...a lot of the calls were spot on. By the way, Verity's 8th grade team is as advertised! Exceptionally good!
goldenbucs Wrote:Just a point of interest on that Rowan County mention. Coach Tackett was NOT saying anything about the player. I was sitting next to him and he was just talking about the game with us and Verity's assistant coach was pre-occupied with taunting him...and the officials! I wasn't as bad as the Verity fans thought it was, but when you get upset things always seem to get worse...a lot of the calls were spot on. By the way, Verity's 8th grade team is as advertised! Exceptionally good!

I was also at that game. Verity's assistant coach was not taunting anyone, just disgusted with the unprofessional and unjust officials. Verity's head coach was ejected for talking to his own player. Rumor has it one of the officials is a teacher at Rowan, which would explain why he was in the coach's ear the entire game. They laughed and joked with each other. When an official makes a call and turns to the fans to smile, you can't help but get upset. So the Verity girls were the victims of officials revenge on the Verity coaches. It was an absolute joke. Lucky for Rowan, we don't play those kind of games at Verity, so they can be assured a fairly called game when they make the trip to Ashland. And YES, Verity is absolutely as advertised.
I too was at that game. The young assistant coach WAS taunting Coach Tackett, telling him to "look at the scoreboard". And, the rumor is false. Neither of the officials are employed by the Rowan County Board of Education.

On another note, why don't you talk about the unbelievable behavior on the part of Verity fans?
HD28 Wrote:I too was at that game. The young assistant coach WAS taunting Coach Tackett, telling him to "look at the scoreboard". And, the rumor is false. Neither of the officials are employed by the Rowan County Board of Education.

On another note, why don't you talk about the unbelievable behavior on the part of Verity fans?

:dontthink It's cause and effect. The ridiculous bias of the officials was the cause of the outrage of the Verity fans. My daughter is an 8th grade player and I am not willing to let her sustain a season ending injury in a blowout game because the officials will not call a foul on the home team. I watched her pick herself up off the floor several times and she didn't get a call all game. Allowing them to foul with no call will not help the Rowan County girls improve their game whatsoever. And Verity's girls should not be punished for their outstanding skills. My child has worked hard to get to the level she is at. I am proud of her for continuing to play "her" game and resorting to cheap fouls out of frustration.
Officiating is something that is out of all our hands. Verity is so much better than Rowan at the 8th grade level that I believe they would win 100 times out of 100. The point being, regardless of your feelings towards officials, it is pointless to create a scene in the stands. First of all, it sets a bad example for ALL the kids there, not just the team that feels it is getting "homered". Secondly, it tends to give kids an excuse when things may not go their way in the future. I can assure you that officiating at the MS level is less than stellar EVERYWHERE.

At no point in my previous post did I mention anything about a child; you did that.

And, now that you have attempted to defend your parents, do the same with your coaches. Why did he instruct his assistants to re-apply the press in a 35 point game with less than 4 minutes to go? Is that your definition of sportsmanship? Is that the example the parents want exhibited for their children?
Listen HD28, I'm not gonna spend anymore time bickering and pointing fingers. The point is that it was a horribly called game, no matter how you look at it.

Don't fool youself, Rowan County coaches and fans are not role models, by any means.
In defense of the head coach for Verity telling his assistant to full court press when he left the gym, that is a false hood. Out of frustration over what had happened to their coach, the girls took that upon themselves. The assistant then pulled the starters and sub in 7th graders. Coach Foutch will defend his girls with every breath he has when he thinks they are being wronged.
Verity's 7th and 8th came home with wins after traveling to Fairview. Good job ladies. Boyd County hosted West Carter and also had wins.
East Carter won 2 out of 3 games with Rowan on Tuesday winning the 6th and the 8th grade games.
Verity 7th grade beat Boyd County 21-17. The 8th grade won 42 -8.
East Carter's 7th grade got a big win last night over 1st place Felming Co. by 4 now Rowan's 7th is in first place. East won the 8th grade by 30+.
Can someone please post all the 7th & 8th records for both the large & small school divisions. THANKS
verity's 8th defeated whitesburg 40-12 halftime with the final score being 53-25
LionEagle Wrote:Can someone please post all the 7th & 8th records for both the large & small school divisions. THANKS

Our coach passed these out to the girls today at practice.

STANDINGS THROUGH 9/17

LARGE SCHOOLS

7TH GRADE 8TH GRADE

Rowan Co.- 7-1 Verity- 7-0
Fleming Co.- 5-2 East Carter- 7-1
Boyd Co.- 4-3 Mason Co.- 5-3
Verity- 4-3 Boyd Co.- 4-3
Mason Co.- 4-4 West Carter- 2-5
East Carter- 2-6 Fleming Co.- 1-6
West Carter- 0-7 Rowan Co.- 0-8

SMALL SCHOOLS

7TH GRADE 8TH GRADE

Raceland- 5-0 Lewis Co.- 8-0
Fairview- 5-1 McKell- 6-2
Russell- 4-3 Raceland- 5-3
Lewis Co.- 3-3 Russell- 4-4
Wurtland- 1-6 Fairview- 3-4
Elliott Co.- 0-7 Wurtland- 1-6
Elliott Co.- 0-7
Congratulations Verity 8th on winning Pride of the Mountains tournament. Great job ladies!!:Cheerlead
Thanks for the standings
Verity traveled to Mason County. The 7th grade lost 34-18. Verity's 8th won 43-18.
East played at Boyd last night I tinks Boyds 7th won by 1 or 2 and the 8th grade Boyd played well East did not Boud lost by 1 30-29 in OT.
If any carter county teams have an opening for a 6-7-8 grade game next week message me..

We have a week with no game .. Looking for some.. We will come to your place and get a return game in oct sometime or next year..
Congrats again to the Verity Lady Patriots. After a tough 1st half struggle the 7th graders pulled it together in the 2nd half and came away with a 36-14 win over West Carter. The 8th grade again played well and came away with a 60-17 win. Again great job ladies.
East Carter's 7th grade upset Mason 7th grade 32-29 in OT and East 8th grade had a close one with Mason but East won 23-19. East played good D but could not buy a basket.
Any updates on the standings???
I don't know the full standings yet,but Verity's 8th is still in 1st followed by East. I know Fleming's 7th was in second but they were beat last night by Verity's 7th 50-33. I believe Rowan's 7th is in 1st place. Verity's 8th beat Fleming 62-22. Verity will be traveling to play East on thursday night. Should be a good game.
East 8th grade defeated Verity tonight 33-29 East led by 10 in the first qt. a very well played game to my knowledge Verity's first loss I know it is their first loss to a team in eastern Kentucky. I think Verity won by 12 or 14 in the 7th grade game.
UNBELIEVABLE!!:notworthy Two quality teams going head to head. Gotta love it!! Those two teams always bring middle school basketball to a whole new level. Should be a great OVC tournament!!!!
Yo are correct should be a great tournament. Also the 7th grade is wide open with 6 of the 7 teams capable of beating any of the other 5 on any give night. It is Oct. 9, 12, 14, & the finals on the 16th all games at Boyd County Middle School.
When will the brackets be out. I think the small school division is played at Lewis County
LionEagle Wrote:When will the brackets be out. I think the small school division is played at Lewis County

Will be out Thurs. morning meeting is on Wed. evening to finalize everything.
16BBall Fan Wrote:Will be out Thurs. morning meeting is on Wed. evening to finalize everything.

Thanks. Would love to see Verity & East in the finals would be a great game with huge crowd.
where is verity located