Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of questions about National Health Care
i have lived in a country where we have had national healthcare funded off taxes for my entire life. I have never questioned this, I suppose, although substandard care and the working people having to pay for the lazy ****s and people who make choices to be unhealthy are somewhat irksome, however there are a couple of things I don't understand:

1. If there is no national health care, then everybody needs to be insured to recieved health care unless they can pay for it with their own money; what happens if someone is born with an illness which will cost a lot of money to treat? Who insures them, and at what cost? It seems to me that it's unfair that person should be burdened with the costs simply because they were born with, or developed health issues before they got insurance.

2. If someone is not insured and is injured, do they simply not recieve treatment? As ideal as it is to have everyone insured, it seems kind of inhumane to justify not giving treatment.

3. What if someone can't afford health insurance? Is this unrealistic? I really don't know how much someone should/would pay for health insurance.

I'm sorry if these questions appear dumb, but like I have said, I have always lived in a country where healthcare is pretty much paid for by the state... I have never experienced anything else.
What freakin' country do you live in? lol...

I'll tell ya one thing though, it's a little bit off topic but I got screwed big time. I recently had to go to the ER for a severe concussion...I went to a private hospital that, believe it or not, does not accept Tricare, which is the military's health insurance. Now I have a bill of about $15,000 that I can't even begin to pay. The Army will find a way to pay for it, but that's just ridiculous. I thought every hospital accepted Tricare..
vundy33 Wrote:What freakin' country do you live in? lol...

I'll tell ya one thing though, it's a little bit off topic but I got screwed big time. I recently had to go to the ER for a severe concussion...I went to a private hospital that, believe it or not, does not accept Tricare, which is the military's health insurance. Now I have a bill of about $15,000 that I can't even begin to pay. The Army will find a way to pay for it, but that's just ridiculous. I thought every hospital accepted Tricare..

No they don't. But its just simply a matter of them filling out a couple of forms.
Matman Wrote:No they don't. But its just simply a matter of them filling out a couple of forms.

Yes i agree with your saying
killersneakers Wrote:Yes i agree with your saying

lol...what the **** man?
I don't know why this has been passed over for 2 weeks... looks like someone would have something to say about it.
Personally, I went 30 years without having to spent a night in a hospital, so I don't know much about the workings.
I hate to suggest Wiki, but it'll be more helpful than nothing (I hope).
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_the_United_States[/ame]