Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region All 'A' Brackets
Does anyone have the brackets for the 15th region All A at Betsy Layne this week?
Here is a link to the schedules for this week-no bracket though.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../spec_5982
Here's a link to the 2010 All A Classic pool play bracket. Still wondering who will represent the 6th region. Last year was Holy Cross, but none of the eligibles from the 6th show the All A on their schedules. HC is scheduled for the LIT in Louisville this year-last year they had their F/JV play in the pools and the varsity showed at the end of the day after losing in the LIT to play in the championship bracket.

http://www.allaclassic.org/Volleyball/20...tewide.pdf
Who is still in it?
South Floyd plays Paintsville Tuesday at 6:30, the winner gets Betsy Layne at 7:30. Allen Central is in the finals on Thursday, they play the winner of these 3.
i got south floyd to take it all... Big Grin
I have ACHS taking it all. Go Rebels!!! Great team, Great attitude! They have the best hitters, blockers, setters and ds. Oh and don't forget the Leberos they never get the recognition they deserve. Other teams have great players too. ACHS just works real good together as a team. Good luck to all teams!!!
Does anyone have any updates on the BL game tonight?
I hear it's going to a third game.
I hear it's going to a third game.
Anyone got the score???
Shew, I wish I could've been there!
Betsy layne wins game 3 25-22. Good game by both teams, decided at end by officials. Betsy Layne's fans cried enough during the match to cause the official to take over. Their coach should have been red carded for standing during serves after being issued a yellow card earlier in the match, but the official decided to spend time having conversations with her instead, which essentially was extra time outs for BL. Overall, it was a pretty good match by two good teams.
Sounds like a statement from a bitter SF fan. BL's coach did receive a yellow card, and stood the next serve following. However, that was the only serve she would stand for because the offical had a conversation with her concerning her having to sit after being carded. That would be the only conversation the official had with her. The statement saying there were multiple conversations what were essentially "extra time outs for BL" is ridiculous.

Overall it was a very good game between both teams. BL faught hard and despite being down in the 2nd and 3rd set they managed to not give up, they continued to fight. SF came out with all they had and really wanted to pull out the win. They should not be disappointed with the loss even though the game was ended on what was a controversial call at the end. The officals were consistent in this game--consistently bad for both teams.

The scores were similar to 25-19, 20-25, 25-22
Betsy Layne won again thanks to poor officiating
Bad officiating causes you to lose by 13 pts in game 2 and by 9 pts in game 3?? :/

come on now...regardless of who you are, give these girls some credit.
Sure they deserve a little credit, but if the referee had made calls that he should have, Betsy Layne may not have been able to hold on the momentem.
Girls get credit \ Refs get 0. Smile At one point the ref wasn't even looking at what was going on and had to do a redo. Now lets tell the truth the refs get paid good to do the games so they should do it right and keep at least one eye open. If it was a line judge that actually doesn't get paid they would have really got some heat! Good luck at the state BL you played well.
floyd_co Wrote:Betsy Layne won again thanks to poor officiating
When Betsy Layne won the all A, it wasn't because of bad calls. there are lots of good teams in this area and they all play hard. Betsy Layne has a great team this year. Four seniors Amanda Newsome, Keleigh Wagner, Taylor Watkins and Audri Ray. They also have two returning varsity starters from last year Allie Meade and Cecelia Ray who is great on the floor. They may have of had a rocky start to the season but they have got it right now.
Congrats on the win over Allen Central tonight.
Congratulations betsy layne ladycats on the win over allen central!!!!!
Way to go.....
Congratulations to betsy layne's coach and the ladycats.
When betsy layne wins it's because they deserved it and worked for it.
No team can get every call,every time, in their favor, it just doesn't work that way. Not even betsy layne. I guess it's just easier for some people to say bad calls or poor officials other than to just say good job ladycats. Don't be immature. "be nice" and give a congratulations when it's due or just "be quiet".