Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey 2013
Anyone hearing gobbles yet and how did youth weekend go if you got out?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Youth weekend is this weekend, my friend.

Seeing large groups of hens with strutters here in the last week. The colder March weather should have the gobbling hitting just right this year. I had zero luck last year because of the 70-80 degree March weather.

I'm pumped for April 13th!
I WILL kill my first ever turkey this year! Mark it down. The count right now is Turkey's infinity - Me 0
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
They were strutting in Boone Co. this morning per a friend. The youth hunters in the circle of friends slept after busy baseball weeks.

Supposed to be warm all week with highs in the 70's lows in the 50's. Cooler air moves in for Saturday with low 40 and high 60 and sunny. Hope it's a great one.

Give 'em heck Spud6...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:They were strutting in Boone Co. this morning per a friend. The youth hunters in the circle of friends slept after busy baseball weeks.

Supposed to be warm all week with highs in the 70's lows in the 50's. Cooler air moves in for Saturday with low 40 and high 60 and sunny. Hope it's a great one.

Give 'em heck Spud6...

It's shaping up to a great day. Can't ask for better weather than 60's and 40s.

Bring on the "thunder chickens" and go Wolverines tonight, Spirit!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:It's shaping up to a great day. Can't ask for better weather than 60's and 40s.

Bring on the "thunder chickens" and go Wolverines tonight, Spirit!

Amen and double thumbs up on the Thunder Chickens outdoorsman...no love on the Wolverines, you know better Confusednicker:....

It's been a great battle so far 46-43 presently!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Yes, they are in my back yard every day....

[Image: http://images50.fotki.com/v1527/photos/2...262-vi.jpg]
Nice pics....dibbs on a turkey shoot at Dustys Confusednicker:

I'll travel 30-60 mins away to get in "country" to harvest a bird when there are birds a plenty within city limits all over. Smart little boogers aren't they? Wonder when they teach 'em about discharging a weapon within city limits and where the boundaries are Confusednicker:

Forecast has changed a bit, calling for it to be cooler to our benefit Saturday morning. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Absolutely. Should be a darn good opening day.
Dusty loves to get under my skin. I swear he does. :biggrin:
^ I'm being 100% honest in saying those are in my backyard EVERY day! Deer & Turkey are a daily event here.

Bring them over and shoot all you want from the back windows. Dont have to worry about the weather.
^ I know and I believe you. I'll be up soon. :Thumbs:
Come to Quicksand in Knott/Breathitt Co, turkey, elk and deer here daily by the dozens. They've been gobbling for a couple weeks here, hearing more daily.

Mix1...
Thinking about you all. Weather is ideal this morning statewide. Hope they are gobbling machines this morning. I've had a lot of success between 9:30-10:30 near a strut zone if they get stuck with hens quick off the roost.

A gobble call works wonders. Just make sure you're not surrounded by a battalion of other hunters Wink!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
A good friend has access to hunt two tracts of land. One was invaded by three newbies who had received permission from one of the landowners unbeknownst to him.

They heard and saw a jake.

He went to the other tract and saw 5 deer.

Another cool morning today. It's 6:10 as I type this and would be in the turkey woods now ready to hear birds if I wasn't in study mode. Give them heck gentlemen and have a great hunt.

Keep us posted on your progress Spud...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Been a great season for me and my son we both tagged out Monday 1 Saturday 1 Sunday and 2 Monday!! We're done with strutten it's time to get ready for some rutten!!! Lol!!
Nice pics stardust!! Pretty looking place.
Congrats panther nation to you and your son. How'd everyone do? I sat the bench while tending to my sons baseball seasons needs.

I'll be scheduling some vacation time next season so I'm not in a similar boat. Heard and saw a big Tom in a strut zone on Saturday at 10:35a just off the side of the interstate and about wrecked my car I was so fired up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi