Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US combat in Iraq over! Time To Turn The Page.
Obama declares 'combat mission in Iraq has ended,

President Obama declared that "the American combat mission in Iraq has ended" in his prime-time address Tuesday.
"Operation Iraqi Freedom is over, and the Iraqi people now have lead responsibility for the security of their country," he said.
The mission officially drew to a close at 5 p.m. Tuesday. Obama said the winding down of the war in Iraq means it's time for citizens to unite and build a better life for all Americans.
"Our most urgent task is to restore our economy and put the millions of Americans who have lost their jobs back to work," he said in his nationwide address from the Oval Office.
"... This will be difficult. But in the days to come, it must be our central mission as a people and my central responsibility as president."
The president said ending the war in Iraq is in the United States' best interest and "it is time to turn the page."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/08/31/o...1&iref=BN1
This goes in Politcs and Current Events forum...could someone square it away?

By the way, they're are still plenty of combat units in Iraq, but instead of going on patrols they are training the Iraqis and going on their patrols with them, showing them pointers and certain key signs we look for on patrols, cordon and search, roadchecks, etc.

We still have a long way to go in Afghanistan though. We will not even be close to giving the ANA more responsibilty by next summer. They already go on alot of patrols with us and have a good amount of responsibility. The combat mission in that country will not be over for atleast another 3+ years from what I've seen. If the news covered this war, the one that was actually truly and clearly justified, then everyone would know this.
I posted it in general discussions so more people would view it.
Yeah, I just realized that when I clicked on the forum. lol man, my bad. Probably would have been moved anyway though.
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah, I just realized that when I clicked on the forum. lol man, my bad. Probably would have been moved anyway though.

Its all good.