Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 23 Paducah Tilghman 20 (Overtime)
Final

Congrats Mayfield!
Mayfield continues to win. Well desering of their ranking
Good win Mayfield.
congrats to mayfield
Could have gone either way, refs took 4 points away from
PT prior to the overtime. All in all, a pretty memorable game.
Congrats to Mayfield.
Tica Wrote:Could have gone either way, refs took 4 points away from
PT prior to the overtime. All in all, a pretty memorable game.

I have to correct this one, PT's special teams took 3 of the points away by being bone heads. 12 men on the field will do that to a field goal crew everytime.

Mayfield special teams took care of that other point or PT special teams should also get a little credit for that 1. I usually agree with Tica but on this one we do not appear to have been watching the same game.

PT's speed and a lack of having to go more than a half took its toll on Mayfield. Mayfield was not use to either. Cards blew several chances to take control of the game in the 3rd but PT found a way to keep us out of the end zone despite living in PT territory the entire quarter. Mayfield should have used kicker in 3rd quarter to get a cushion but its easy to second guess as a arm chair QB.

After the game I talk to several knowledgable PT fans and they felt it was a turning point for PT in that they played better than they had in their previous 2 games. I do think they still need to get a working Wildcat formation going for down the road and they may have one that they are not showing yet. I was not happy with the Cards play at times. Espically the penalities, we had more against PT than we have had all year but PT speed is what stood out. We would hit on a big one and get ran down an in the previous weeks those same plays were 6 points. Mayfield out gained PT by about 60 yards so that tells you is was a pretty close game.

This game is almost always a great one no matter who has what and this one was no exception, both played hard. Forrest is a stud. He went high over our D back for a score despite our db having perfect coverage but just could not get up as high as Forrest. Cox struggled at times with his throws. Mayfield's Guhy did as well but more often was on target.
Many Tilghman fans were displeased with the last minute coaching decisions and officiating, even though Mayfield was called for multiple illegal procedures. Mayfield won. Tilghman lost. Time to move on. Both sides probably took away something positive. PT made too many unassisted mistakes @ the skills to have nailed it shut, but I guess they can say they died with their boots on. Was impressed with PT's O-line play and overall D. Paducah Sun had PT w/ more rushing yards and Mayfield with more passing and total yards. Special teams were better. Mistakes and turnovers continue. Some injured PT players will be returning soon.
We lost one of our defensive linemen early in 3rd, shoulder injury, he had pads off but did not leave and ice on it so I suspect he will be fine. Otherwise we were okay. I agree, if I were you I would have been very pleased with the play of PT. I know we were all impressed. I was a little unsatisfied with our overall play with the mistakes we had not made in our earlier blowouts (penalities!~!!!!) but PT had alot to do with that. No question you all got after us and year out rushed us we only had about 80 on 41 carries. If Cox had been as accurate as Guhy the game would have been a win for you all.