Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Withrow, OH
8.33%
Highlands
91.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Withrow, OH @ Highlands 9/10
Birds in another sleeper. Looking forward to Withrow's band playing...Probably be more action at halftime than the game itself:eyeroll:
I think that Withrow will make this very respectable once the Bird three's get into the game...........
If Withrow can penetrate and pressure Towles, it may be closer than most think.
Withrow brings DL-UC Bearcat recruit, Brandon Mitchell. Should be a real test for the Birds' OL.
RepeatRings Wrote:Withrow brings DL-UC Bearcat recruit, Brandon Mitchell. Should be a real test for the Birds' OL.

He has nine tackles in 2 games. Teams have figured out in the first two games how to stay away from him. I expect the Birds to have no issue as well.
Bluebirds in an easy one.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:If Withrow can penetrate and pressure Towles, it may be closer than most think.

... If that happens, Towles can scramble with the best QBs around. Although Dale likely would prefer him to throw, at 6'5" 230, he can run over defenders if necessary.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:If Withrow can penetrate and pressure Towles, it may be closer than most think.

whackem'n'stackem I think it's universally accepted that if a defense can penetrate and pressure the quarterback the game may be closer. That's a fairly safe call. But regardless of that I'll agree with you and think this game has the potential to be pretty competitive.
NCC41 Wrote:whackem'n'stackem I think it's universally accepted that if a defense can penetrate and pressure the quarterback the game may be closer. That's a fairly safe call. But regardless of that I'll agree with you and think this game has the potential to be pretty competitive.

I guess the point that I was trying to make simply is that Towles himself said he was kind of rattled against Ryle. They put pressure on him and he subsequently forced alot of passes on long 3rd down plays trying to make something happen. I would like to see this be a competitive game. I'm of the thought that you give your QB as many snaps as possible, let him work on all facets of his passing game, and regardless of the score, allow him to hone those skills to secure another state title in Western Ky.
I just really hope the Withrow band shows up.:worthy:
Withrow is not even in the top 10 in the city. If it's close, which I don't think it will be, shame on the Birds.
tradition Wrote:I just really hope the Withrow band shows up.:worthy:

I guess that means you were there last year? That was truly amazing.
Who scheduled this crappy game anyway?
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Who scheduled this crappy game anyway?

This is a good game for Highlands. Last year Highlands was the only loss that Withrow had. Their teams are historically fast and physical.

Not sure what Withrow has this year but I believe last year they had some D1 talant on their team.
I believe Dale coached there before he came to Highlands. Last year this team ran all over Highlands. They had some huge numbers everywhere but on the scoreboard, and gave the Birds a better game than most of the other teams on the schedule.
It's a shame to here that Withrow isn't more competitive. Love to see the Birds beat a Cincy team, but this won't mean much this time. Dale did coach at Withrow. He did a great job as head coach.
tradition Wrote:This is a good game for Highlands. Last year Highlands was the only loss that Withrow had. Their teams are historically fast and physical.

Not sure what Withrow has this year but I believe last year they had some D1 talant on their team.

My bad, they also lost to Winton Woods.
After the Beechwood debacle the trap has been set......
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:After the Beechwood debacle the trap has been set......

Your joking, rite?
hop24 Wrote:Your joking, rite?

no
Heard that Withrows Oline is huge. I think this is going to be a very interesting game.
highlands 28-7
I'm really surprised that Withrow hasn't become an inner city power similar to Cleveland Glenville. For whatever reason the best kids in the city choose the GCL and GMC schools. I would think that Withrow would be like Louisville Central and have alot of people in the community that have pride in that school. When I lived in the Nati Withrow was the hippest school in the city for black kids....it just hasn't translated into big wins....
devilschild Wrote:I'm really surprised that Withrow hasn't become an inner city power similar to Cleveland Glenville. For whatever reason the best kids in the city choose the GCL and GMC schools. I would think that Withrow would be like Louisville Central and have alot of people in the community that have pride in that school. When I lived in the Nati Withrow was the hippest school in the city for black kids....it just hasn't translated into big wins....

Withrow reminds me a lot of Holmes. Similar campus and location within the city. Maybe they're on the cusp.
The stadium is just beautiful. Like a small college stadium.:1: