Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank The Top 10 middleschool basketball players in Pike County
Lets here some thoughts, What do you think????
The Punisher Wrote:Lets here some thoughts, What do you think????
Well i like andrew newsome at #1 and theres probably 4 other 3 other virgie players in there but im not gonna type all of them and you gotta put cameron justice and johnny miller of course and thats really it.
My top ten would be:
1. Cameron Justice
2. Owen Caudill
3. Dalton Richardson
4. Johnny Mullins
5. Michael Fields
6. Trinty ?
7. Christian Hagy
8. Christian Taylor
9. Ryder Johnson
10. Chandler Rowe
Micheal Fields? Ryder Johnson? Is this forum a joke?
Trinity is a freshman? I don't think you are very accurate by your picks lol.
But i guess we will see when the season comes around.
The Punisher Wrote:My top ten would be:
1. Cameron Justice
2. Owen Caudill
3. Dalton Richardson
4. Johnny Mullins
5. Michael Fields
6. Trinty ?
7. Christian Hagy
8. Christian Taylor
9. Ryder Johnson
10. Chandler Rowe

You really need to get out of the East Ridge/Shelby Valley area to watch ballgames.

Pikeville has the Charles boys and Estepp who transferred from Phelps, Johns Creek has the 6'5" Blackburn kid as well as 3-4 players back who are solid. Mullins has the younger Meade and Dorton has Caudill and 1 more back that are solid players.

Johns Creek and Virgie should play for the title with Pikeville, Elkhorn City, Feds Creek and Dorton right behind them.
This is my top 10 players
1. Cameron Justice
2. Owen Caudill
3. Dalton Richardson
4. Michael Fields
5. Johnny Mullins
6. Mack ?
7. Chandler Rowe
8. Drew Blackburn
9. Swindle
10. Andrew Newsome ?
IGotGam3 Wrote:This is my top 10 players
1. Cameron Justice
2. Owen Caudill
3. Dalton Richardson
4. Michael Fields
5. Johnny Mullins
6. Mack ?
7. Chandler Rowe
8. Drew Blackburn
9. Swindle
10. Andrew Newsome ?
C'mon lets be serious if we are gonna post on this thread. Drew Blackburn Imo could be one of the top 10 worst players in pike county maybe. Im sorry and im not trying to be mean im 100% serious. Whos Mack? Whos Swindel? I know 3 from Virgie who should easily be in here Andrew Newsome ,Dalton Richardson and Chandler Rowe. 2 from feds creek in Cameron Justice and Johnny Miller.Owen Caudill from Dorton. For the others we will just have to see about when the season comes around.
Skyhawk Wrote:You really need to get out of the East Ridge/Shelby Valley area to watch ballgames.

Pikeville has the Charles boys and Estepp who transferred from Phelps, Johns Creek has the 6'5" Blackburn kid as well as 3-4 players back who are solid. Mullins has the younger Meade and Dorton has Caudill and 1 more back that are solid players.

Johns Creek and Virgie should play for the title with Pikeville, Elkhorn City, Feds Creek and Dorton right behind them.

Sorry but i don't agree with you. It should be Virgie and Feds Creek with virgie taking it this year.
All i do is win Wrote:Sorry but i don't agree with you. It should be Virgie and Feds Creek with virgie taking it this year.

:dontthink Unless Elkhorn Beats 1 of these teams out,but I don't see them beating Vrigie, But who knows, Anything can happen on any givin night.
The Punisher Wrote::dontthink Unless Elkhorn Beats 1 of these teams out,but I don't see them beating Vrigie, But who knows, Anything can happen on any givin night.

Well IMO Elkhorn isnt a top 4 team in the county. I think it goes Virgie, Feds Creek, Dorton, and Johnscreek. I included Dorton because Caudill is playing. But I still see Virgie taking it.
Alright, I'm not coaching in Pike County anymore so I can give a honest, personal opinion without be bias at all. First off let me state, as of one month ago...if things have changed since then, I have not been informed but Cameron Justice and Owen Caudill are not playing grade school basketball...so cross them off all your lists. So here is my list...

1. Dalton Richardson (Virgie) - No one should be able to stop him this year in the County, and he is head and shoulders above anyone who he will fact in Pike County.

2.Mac Justice (Johns Creek) - Best point guard in the county, who has the quickest first step in the County. Will have a break out season with the weapons around him.

3.Michael Fields (Elkhorn City) - Physically tough player who can shoot the ball solidly, can get to the rim and even plays good defense.

4.Ethan Blankenship (Johns Creek) - Could easily be the most dominate player in the County. Causes a bigger match up problem then Belter did last year because he has so much more bulk. But his skills will surprise people considering he has been working with a head coach all summer. (Still may not play grade school ball however...)

5.Dalton Meade (Mullins) - Youngest player on the list, with a lot of up side. Kid does not lack confidence at all, can shoot the ball as good as anyone in the county and is surprisingly quick. Will see a lot of Box and 1 though this year which will effect his numbers.

6.Zach Huffman (Dorton) - The best shot in the County this year, along with really good skills going to the basket. Also plays very good defense and could help lead what I think will be a really good Dorton team.

7.Andrew Newsome (Virgie) - Could put him as high as number 2, but at times the boy gives off the impression he does not want to be there or even care. That can cost you games but when he does want to play, he is the best big man in the County.

8.Johnny Miller (Feds Creek) - Would put Johnny higher too, had it not been for the B team tournament last year. Johnny was one of the best last year when Cameron was getting all the focus, but last year in the B team tournament he did not impress me when he had to create his own shot. Has a lot to prove this year.

9.Andrew Fields (Johns Creek) - Kid was a good talent last year along with decent size. However, the kid has grown a lot which will cause a lot of match up problems this year.

10.Ben Maynard (Pikeville) - Has a lot of skills with a offense that should go through him. Adding Estepp will only help take focus off of him.

Season Predications

County Championship: Johns Creek defeats Virgie...Johns Creek talent level will surprise a lot of people. Justice and Rowe is a great match up at the 1, but Richardson will have to guard Fields which will work him to death on defense. Blankenship will cause problems for Richardson going to the goal which means he will be shooting a lot of pull ups and with Blankenship's development of late, I do not believe Newsome could stop him under the goal. If Blankenship gets in foul trouble however, Virgie could blow this game out fast.
A lot depends on who plays high school and who doesn't.

Johns Creek, Feds Creek, and Virgie are all loaded with talent, with EC, Dorton, and Pikeville right behind them

Cameron Justice and Dalton Richardson are the 2 best players in the county, with Mac Justice, Owen Caudill, and a few more right behind them.
bball_fan Wrote:Alright, I'm not coaching in Pike County anymore so I can give a honest, personal opinion without be bias at all. First off let me state, as of one month ago...if things have changed since then, I have not been informed but Cameron Justice and Owen Caudill are not playing grade school basketball...so cross them off all your lists. So here is my list...

1. Dalton Richardson (Virgie) - No one should be able to stop him this year in the County, and he is head and shoulders above anyone who he will fact in Pike County.

2.Mac Justice (Johns Creek) - Best point guard in the county, who has the quickest first step in the County. Will have a break out season with the weapons around him.

3.Michael Fields (Elkhorn City) - Physically tough player who can shoot the ball solidly, can get to the rim and even plays good defense.

4.Ethan Blankenship (Johns Creek) - Could easily be the most dominate player in the County. Causes a bigger match up problem then Belter did last year because he has so much more bulk. But his skills will surprise people considering he has been working with a head coach all summer. (Still may not play grade school ball however...)

5.Dalton Meade (Mullins) - Youngest player on the list, with a lot of up side. Kid does not lack confidence at all, can shoot the ball as good as anyone in the county and is surprisingly quick. Will see a lot of Box and 1 though this year which will effect his numbers.

6.Zach Huffman (Dorton) - The best shot in the County this year, along with really good skills going to the basket. Also plays very good defense and could help lead what I think will be a really good Dorton team.

7.Andrew Newsome (Virgie) - Could put him as high as number 2, but at times the boy gives off the impression he does not want to be there or even care. That can cost you games but when he does want to play, he is the best big man in the County.

8.Johnny Miller (Feds Creek) - Would put Johnny higher too, had it not been for the B team tournament last year. Johnny was one of the best last year when Cameron was getting all the focus, but last year in the B team tournament he did not impress me when he had to create his own shot. Has a lot to prove this year.

9.Andrew Fields (Johns Creek) - Kid was a good talent last year along with decent size. However, the kid has grown a lot which will cause a lot of match up problems this year.

10.Ben Maynard (Pikeville) - Has a lot of skills with a offense that should go through him. Adding Estepp will only help take focus off of him.

Season Predications

County Championship: Johns Creek defeats Virgie...Johns Creek talent level will surprise a lot of people. Justice and Rowe is a great match up at the 1, but Richardson will have to guard Fields which will work him to death on defense. Blankenship will cause problems for Richardson going to the goal which means he will be shooting a lot of pull ups and with Blankenship's development of late, I do not believe Newsome could stop him under the goal. If Blankenship gets in foul trouble however, Virgie could blow this game out fast.
I just thought you should know over the summer these 2 teams played with the same exact players and Virgie beat them 40. By the way Blankenship had 2 points in this game while Newsome had 16 and they had to gaurd each other. Richardson will make fields look like a joke nuff said. I don't know why everyone thinks Mac justice is so good? He's not he was dominated in this game by Maldonado and Rowe. What makes you think they have improved 40 points over the summer and have half the talent Virgie does? If these 2 play i expect at least a 20 point win from Virgie. I don't care who you put on Richardson in this county even if Cameron Justice was playing if Richardson would drive to the goal and scored like he is able to no one in the county could come close to stopping him if he would just drive it to the goal. You may not think so but if Richardson plays the way he is capable to this season no one will keep him from having at least a 20 point game. Virgie wins county this year.:1::1::1:
:please:
someone inform us if the Caudill kid or the Justice kid is going to play middle school ball? This could impact the outcome of the season this year, especially the Justice kid from Feds Creek , he's hard to stop, BUT.... IMO the Richardson kid from Virgie is by far the most talented middle school player in Pike County. Good for Rowe that Richardson has not considered missing his 8th grade year to play for SV.
ballen4muchfun Wrote::please:
someone inform us if the Caudill kid or the Justice kid is going to play middle school ball? This could impact the outcome of the season this year, especially the Justice kid from Feds Creek , he's hard to stop, BUT.... IMO the Richardson kid from Virgie is by far the most talented middle school player in Pike County. Good for Rowe that Richardson has not considered missing his 8th grade year to play for SV.
This is the smartest post on this thread so far.
Richardson is a real team player and wants to win an 8th grade state championship this year which is quit possible because last year Virgies 7th grade team came in third place in the state tournament. Which they got beat on a fluke last second shot. Virgie is very good. Another good one from Virgie is Newsome and Rowe.
I definitely agree, and I think Virgie could take it all the way, IF AND ONLY IF they don't get burned out before end of season. Last year I think they lost a lot of spunk before end of season, which ultimately lost the county title for them, in my honest opinion. That should have been a sure win for them. And you are right, Newsome is a powerhouse, with his size and talent, and Rowe is one of the most selfless players I've seen play in my carreer. I think he is definitely under-rated and we may see him step up to being one of the better players in the county this year, and with Richardson (again-far above any other player in the county) I am excited to see them play. I think Feds Creek will be the only team to come within 15 points of them in the county, and that's only if Justice plays middle school ball.
Pike County has some nice teams!! I have had a chance to see some of them play in the past! Perry county has some nice teams also.Look for some good games when the county schools play each other!! Best of luck to all the schools!!!!!
Welp i agree with you ballen4muchfun nice post.
NEXT Wrote:A lot depends on who plays high school and who doesn't.

Johns Creek, Feds Creek, and Virgie are all loaded with talent, with EC, Dorton, and Pikeville right behind them

Cameron Justice and Dalton Richardson are the 2 best players in the county, with Mac Justice, Owen Caudill, and a few more right behind them.

If Ricahrdson does play high school ball, he will also be playing middle school so it doesnt matter in Richardson's case.
Virgie, Dorton, Fedscreek and Pikeville...the four top in my opinion.