Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Middlesboro
25.00%
Knox Central
75.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro @ Knox Central 9/17
Middlesboro should have all their starters back for this game.

Collins
Akers
Frost
Epperson

All who start should dring a big boost to the O and D this week. Watch out though Roark to Riddle is becoming a big thing.

Roark passed for 21 of 31 and 346 yards with 5 TD's against Clay Co.
Oh forgot the score.

KC 35
Boro 28

KC wins in OT.

Be careful Middlesboro's kicker butted a 48 yarder tonight and went over the net the hit the Coca-Cola building. Middlesboro can get a easy 3 if they get to atleast the 30 yard line. He also has had a ton of kickoffs into the endzone this season.
This is a real question mark for me. I don't think LCC will even have a winning record this year, Alcoa doesn't count, and the late game Clay choke tells us nothing about that team except they can score on a really bad defense (more than we did actually - in a game where fumbles and penalties kept it close).

But our Defense will hold for the most part. And O is gaining weekly.

Knox 27
Boro 13
KC by 10
As of now i would have to pick knox by 10+. But if kc doesnt come ready to play d it could be a shoot out and dont let a scrappy middlesboro team hang in there late cause they have the quick strike potential. 35-24
Should be a good game with Knox Central getting the edge!

Knox Central - 31

Middlesboro - 24
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Could be the best matchup in the Mts this week! Should be a dandy for sure!

Knox-20
Mboro-16
Riddle has really stepped up his game this season each week he just seems to be getting better and better and once Epperson comes back wow what a 1-2 punch they will be for the Jackets the rest of this season and next at 6'3" and 6'2" respectively they can really go up and get it.
Knox at home by 14.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Middlesboro should have all their starters back for this game.

Collins
Akers
Frost
Epperson

All who start should dring a big boost to the O and D this week. Watch out though Roark to Riddle is becoming a big thing.

Roark passed for 21 of 31 and 346 yards with 5 TD's against Clay Co.
Major difference here - Pass Rush. Our front 4 DLine is the the best. Our 2 inside Tackles include the DLineman of the Year last year and he is better this year. I would argue Gilliam is the best DLineman again this year already. He has been a highlight film of backfield tackles already. He and his 3 pals have made passing the ball a true act of courage for any QB this year.
it will be a shot out but knox will win
Middlesboro. I got a chance to watch them against Clay.They're a tough team.
This one will be a dandy, I'll take Knox.
Wish this game was in the boro. Ill make the closer drive up hilton hill to watch the bobcats on top of log mountain
Should be a great game. Really hoping for nice turnout of fans for both teams.
so does knox share the one set of bleachers or does the away team fans have to stand? How come the school didnt build two set of bleachers when they built the new school?
devildawh20 Wrote:so does knox share the one set of bleachers or does the away team fans have to stand? How come the school didnt build two set of bleachers when they built the new school?

Both fans will sit on the same side at KC.
I'll take Knox by 3 tds
Good thing its not the 90's dont think alot of the knox county older fans would like middlesboro student section from back then Wink
Thid reminds me of the old Middlesboro teams that were so good they scheduled Bell county for its Homecoming games.
Knox is Good. But so is karma. and I believe Middlesboros heartbreaking loss to
clay will come back to them in Aces And they will pull off a mild upset here.
Boro By 4~~31-27.
Knox 28
Middlesboro 14
Football1 Wrote:Major difference here - Pass Rush. Our front 4 DLine is the the best. Our 2 inside Tackles include the DLineman of the Year last year and he is better this year. I would argue Gilliam is the best DLineman again this year already. He has been a highlight film of backfield tackles already. He and his 3 pals have made passing the ball a true act of courage for any QB this year.

I have to disagree. Our d-line maybe the best run stopping unit in the mountains but we are not very good pass rushers. Can't judge that ability by Williamsburg they don't have the size to slow us down, M'boro will. I am very nervous about this game. Not sure if M'boro can stop our run game?
Middlesboro will see these starters back for this game.

C/DL Akers
WR/DB Epperson
WR/DB Collins
WR/DB Frost

Womack came back last weeks game.
IF KNOX weakness is pass D it could be a long night for them.

Roark has passed for 770 yards and 9 TD's in pretty much 3 games. He didnt hardly have much against Alcoa and got hurt in that game too.

Receivers: Dont forget Epperson is the better WR than any and has been out all season.
Smith 253 yards receiving and 3 TD's
Delauer 100 yards receiving
Mike 134 yards receiving
Riddle 196 yards receiving and 5 TD's

Middlesboro is a well rounded team. They will hit about 7 different receivers in this game with Epperson, Collins, and Frost back now.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:IF KNOX weakness is pass D it could be a long night for them.

Roark has passed for 770 yards and 9 TD's in pretty much 3 games. He didnt hardly have much against Alcoa and got hurt in that game too.

Receivers: Dont forget Epperson is the better WR than any and has been out all season.
Smith 253 yards receiving and 3 TD's
Delauer 100 yards receiving
Mike 134 yards receiving
Riddle 196 yards receiving and 5 TD's

Middlesboro is a well rounded team. They will hit about 7 different receivers in this game with Epperson, Collins, and Frost back now.
Mboro will be a very tough game for us. Still, I don't see that passing game having that type of success due to our 2 interior Dlineman who pass rush like nobody else in the mountains. Our edge rushers are excellent as well.

It has taken years to build these 4 Dlineman. I know each of them personally and see their excellence as a testament to what youth football, Middle School ball, and a tremendous work ethic in the weight room can accomplish. Knowing them and seeing them performs reminds me of how hard it is to build a great football program. Finding kids who have the right genes that will start young, work hard, and have a winners heart is tough. Finding 4 of them to own your Dline is amazing.
Ill take Knox 14-9
if knox cant beat mboro at home without a struggle then they need to get beating a bell co and/or a deep run in the playoffs out of their minds.i hope they come out hard and keep the foot on the pedal.this mboro team will have the mentality they can beat anyone after the last 2 games.i hope the d line keeps their qb on the ground or on the run or it could be upset city.
big blu 2 u Wrote:if knox cant beat mboro at home without a struggle then they need to get beating a bell co and/or a deep run in the playoffs out of their minds.i hope they come out hard and keep the foot on the pedal.this mboro team will have the mentality they can beat anyone after the last 2 games.i hope the d line keeps their qb on the ground or on the run or it could be upset city.
Well said. The only part that I disagree with is the idea that we have to beat the Boro bad to feel we have a shot at Bell. If we end up winning 3-0 its a victory that tells its own story. As long as its a W and we come out improved - our chances of shocking the mountains with V over Bell remain great. If we slip, fail to improve and take a L out of this one, then we have a far longer shot vs Bell.
big blu 2 u;1042269[B Wrote:]if knox cant beat mboro at home without a struggle then they need to get beating a bell co and/or a deep run in the playoffs out of their minds[/B].i hope they come out hard and keep the foot on the pedal.this mboro team will have the mentality they can beat anyone after the last 2 games.i hope the d line keeps their qb on the ground or on the run or it could be upset city.

:Thumbs:Agreed!
Is there any TV or Radio for this game?