Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remembering 9/11
We seem to do this every year and I figured I would go ahead and start it this year. So where were you when the attacks on 9/11 took place?

I was in 6th grade at Adams Middle school. Our class had just walked into the library and we had thought a plane had just crashed into the WTC by accident, rather than on purpose. We also had a football game that evening against Warfield, which was eventually canceled. I remember seeing the 2nd plane crash into the other WTC and seeing people jump out of the building from 80 or so stories up. It was tough to watch and it was just a shocking experience in general - as many of my classmates thought the world was basically ending that day. Although it was more like the world stopped for a few hours. This is something I'll never forget, because it still feels like this happened yesterday, rather than 9 years ago.

My heart goes out to all who were lost on 9/11 and to their families who suffered the losses of loved ones.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:We seem to do this every year and I figured I would go ahead and start it this year. So where were you when the attacks on 9/11 took place?

I was in 6th grade at Adams Middle school. Our class had just walked into the library and we had thought a plane had just crashed into the WTC by accident, rather than on purpose. We also had a football game that evening against Warfield, which was eventually canceled. I remember seeing the 2nd plane crash into the other WTC and seeing people jump out of the building from 80 or so stories up. It was tough to watch and it was just a shocking experience in general - as many of my classmates thought the world was basically ending that day. Although it was more like the world stopped for a few hours. This is something I'll never forget, because it still feels like this happened yesterday, rather than 9 years ago.

My heart goes out to all who were lost on 9/11 and to their families who suffered the losses of loved ones.

:Thumbs:
I too was in the 6th grade(Dennis Wooton). The teachers told us what happened but wouldn't let us watch the coverage on TV. We really didn't do any work the rest of the day. The moment I got home, my dad was watching it and I joined him. I remember feeling so angry at what those terrorists did to innocent people. It was also the first time in my life I didn't feel safe, I feared for the safety for myself and my fellow Americans.
I was also in 6th grade setting in the classroom they let us watch the coverage. At the time I had no idea what was going on except a plane crash, I didn't know much of anything except video games and sports so I didn't even know what a terrorist was, but after our teacher started explaining it was like my heart dropped to my knees, I was terrified. God bless all the families who lost there loved ones that day.
I was on my PC working in Indianapolis.

I am working in the DC area now for the Army and attended a memorial ceremony earlier in the week for the 9/11 victims. I have also visited the Pentagon a few times since moving here.

As jolting as the attacks were from a distance, touring the Pentagon and standing on the ground where radical Muslims slaughtered 184 innocent victims on 9/11, I can only imagine what it was like to have been in the building when the jackals attacked.

If the Ground Zero Mosque becomes a reality, I hope that it becomes the site of an endless parade of anti-Islamic terror protests.
I was in the 6th grade, in History class. I was mad.

Two of my cousins happened to be at the Starbucks in between the towers. Apparently they died from debris after the first building hit.
I was just waking up from working the 2nd shift on an underground production crew, I turned on the TV just after the first plane crashed into the tower, and watched the 2nd plane as it crash into the tower.

I remember going in to work that afternoon, the men working the section were asking if was true.
vundy33 Wrote:I was in the 6th grade, in History class. I was mad.

Two of my cousins happened to be at the Starbucks in between the towers. Apparently they died from debris after the first building hit.

I'm very sorry to hear this.

I personally watch some of the shows about September 11, but I can't watch too much. I get pretty nauseous watching those shows.

Prayers to everyone affected by this tragedy.
A friend and I had just made the turn, after 9 holes at Legendary Run golf course in Cincinnati. We stopped in the clubhouse for a quick bite, and everyone was mesmerized at the television from the first plan crashing into the first tower. Not much talk was going on, but everything was centered around this being an airline tragedy caused by some type of human error. We witnessed the 2nd plan hit, and thats when it dawned on everyone that it was no human error. It was a pretty sickening next hour. We actually tried to go out and play the next holes, but we quickly gave up on it.

I was very concerned about people I knew from that area. I had just been to the Twin Towers four weeks prior. Had stayed in the Marriott in Tower 1. Actually I had been their at least once a year for the previous 7 years. My company has offices in One Financial Center, across the street. Fortunately our staff was safe, but the stories are horrifying.
I know there are several video about 911, here's a few of my picks.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvj6zdWLUuk&feature=related"]YouTube - Alan Jackson-Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN2vq9wvHSw&feature=related"]YouTube - 9/11 Tribute (Pink Floyd)[/nomedia]

For those of you who support the building of the Mosque near ground zero, you should ask yourself this question. Have You Forgotten?

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqCFq5sPxNo&feature=related"]YouTube - 9/11: Have You Forgotten[/nomedia]
I was in 5th grade, We was allowed to watch the coverage. A few parents came and got some of my classmates. We had no clue what exactly was happening.
Was in 5th grade and didn't know what was going on when I got picked up early
I was at MSU. I was woke up by a phone call from my roomate. I was ****over but managed to turn on the TV. I felt so helpless and just shallow. The next week I quit football, dropped out of college and joined the Army. I no longer cared what i was wearing or what parties was going on. Its sad to say but this is the moment that made me who I am today. If it wasn't for this moment I probally would have never joined the Army, met my wife, had my two kids, or grown beyond the self centered college kid I was.
I was in the 8th grade the ISS (in school suspension) teacher came into the class and told the teacher to turn the TV on that the WTC had been hit by a plane. We turned it on just in time to see tower 2 get hit.
I was in 8th grade walking from Choir which was outside in a different building to English which was located in the main portion of school and everyone just seemed shocked. We procedded with our classes and didnt watch the coverage. I didnt really know what was going on untill about 4 when I got home and sat down with my grandmother and grandfather and watched the coverage until about 1 am.
I was sitting at my desk during planning when the principal put the news coverage on the p.a. system. I then walked out to our schools resource center to watch the coverage on tv. I was in shock. The vice principal advised me to cancel football practice for the day which I did.

Something I will never forget is that we were practicing a couple days later on a Thursday. I called a play and before our team ran it our quarterback pointed to the sky and everybody just stopped and looked up. I was about to go off on the team for not being focused until I realized what was going on. There was a jet flying over. We knew then the air restrictions had been lifted.
Getting ready to teach a Global Issues class. Had 1st period planning and always had CNN on when my second period class came in at 8:52. Normally we would watch the first 10 minutes at the top of the hour to see what was happening in the world and we saw It unfold. First the uncertainty with the first plane and then when the second plane hit we knew it wasn't an accident. around 10 the superintend called all the schools to pull the cable feed but being the inventive person I am I used the Internet feed the rest of the day.
The thing I want to remebmber about 9/11, especially with the way politics are today, is that everyone looked at each other as an American. Nobody cared if you were a Democrat, Republican, conservative, liberal, black or white. All of the citizens of the United States were on the same "team". It was a wonderful feeling of pride we were proud to be an American. It is so unfortunate that we have gotten away from that unity we had for the months following 9/11. I really hope we do not have another tragedy like 9/11 to unite Americans again.
Jarons Wrote:The thing I want to remebmber about 9/11, especially with the way politics are today, is that everyone looked at each other as an American. Nobody cared if you were a Democrat, Republican, conservative, liberal, black or white. All of the citizens of the United States were on the same "team". It was a wonderful feeling of pride we were proud to be an American. It is so unfortunate that we have gotten away from that unity we had for the months following 9/11. I really hope we do not have another tragedy like 9/11 to unite Americans again.

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Jarons Wrote:The thing I want to remebmber about 9/11, especially with the way politics are today, is that everyone looked at each other as an American. Nobody cared if you were a Democrat, Republican, conservative, liberal, black or white. All of the citizens of the United States were on the same "team". It was a wonderful feeling of pride we were proud to be an American. It is so unfortunate that we have gotten away from that unity we had for the months following 9/11. I really hope we do not have another tragedy like 9/11 to unite Americans again.

Class! :Thumbs:

this chocked me up and is so true

I say that this needs to be archived in the classic BGR forum..

On 9/11, or anytime the subject comes up, all of the leader's and news people and all that act like they haven't forgotten, and say things like "we forget about our differences on this day" and **** like that. It makes me sick. These people forgot about 9/11 3 months after it happened.

People can ***** about the war in Iraq all they want, but when I here people whining and saying we shouldn't be in Afghanistan, it kills me. People HAVE forgotten why we're there. 9/11 is the ONLY reason we're there. If the people that spent all day criticizing the war would spend 5 minutes of that on researching why we're still over there, they would not ***** anymore. We completely killed out the Taliban in 3 months, pretty much by January 2002. They were gone. Then, the Iraq war started, and 9/11 and AFG were forgotten, and the Taliban/al-Queda made a comeback.

It isn't politics, oil, or for the CiC's personal gain, it's to kill people that want to kill all of us. This isn't Iraq, and the public needs to stop treating it as such. I can't believe that this war doesn't have 99% of Americans supporting it. Unbelievable.
^
When it comes to patriotism on here, I have to give the nod to vundy as the winner.
Some people think that it's "arrogance", that I think my country is better than any other.

That's because it is.
vundy33 Wrote:Some people think that it's "arrogance", that I think my country is better than any other.

That's because it is.

Awesome post :Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
I was in PE class at Perry Central with the great Al Holland.
The first plane hit and I just thought it was crazy that a plane would crash into the WTC, I mean how unlucky do you have to be.
Then when the second one hit, and one went into the Pentagon, I really didn't know what to think.
There was an eerie silence at Perry Central all day long. We just went from class to class and for the most part watched the news coverage all day.
It really messed and me when the news crews were mentioning the downed plane in Pennsylvania was probably on it's way to the White House.