Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Wildcats
51.22%
Gators
48.78%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky @ Florida 9/25
Benchwarmer Wrote:Boy some of you thinking that UK is such a football power that they should play all the top 10 teams not in the SEC. Geez lord. UK is trying to build a program so bring on the cupcakes. If you remember not to long ago UK was getting beat by these weak teams not anymore. Kentucky just beat the crap out of the last two teams. thank god. In the past UK would struggle against these teams.

You are so right, we have playing SEC football for (how many years) and we are finally getting the program off the ground :popcorn: Thank goodness for the sound reasoning as to why we were so successful over the last three weeks, becasue we have NEVER done that before......:yawn:
Benchwarmer Wrote:Boy some of you thinking that UK is such a football power that they should play all the top 10 teams not in the SEC. Geez lord. UK is trying to build a program so bring on the cupcakes. If you remember not to long ago UK was getting beat by these weak teams not anymore. Kentucky just beat the crap out of the last two teams. thank god. In the past UK would struggle against these teams.

I am not saying play top ten teams. I just want them to play someone from a major conference. I am sick of looking at low tier MAC, CUSA, and 1-AA opponents on the non confernece schedule. I think they are good enough to play someone the caliber of Wake Forest, Minnesota, etc. Maybe then they will get a bowl outside of Tennessee. They have improved enough where they do not need to play Akron, WKU, or any directional university.
leecoukfan Wrote:Well the starting defense didn't allow a TD last night whereas against WKU they allowed 2 TDs!

Akron and WKU are real powerhouses. :Thumbs:
For the people on here that thinks UK will lose by 20+. Go ahead and send me a PM with, how much you want to lay on it. I'll bet anyone with UK and 20pts.
Florida is definitely down, compared to last season. Their offense isn't nearly as explosive and depends heavily on the run game, with Demps and Moody. There's not much a running threat at QB anymore either. Their defense is big and fast, as usual. UK might be able to compete with Florida for a while, but I don't see them winning in Gainesville.
MVP2 Wrote:For the people on here that thinks UK will lose by 20+. Go ahead and send me a PM with, how much you want to lay on it. I'll bet anyone with UK and 20pts.

Somebody take advantage of this Big Grin
Jarons Wrote:I am not saying play top ten teams. I just want them to play someone from a major conference. I am sick of looking at low tier MAC, CUSA, and 1-AA opponents on the non confernece schedule. I think they are good enough to play someone the caliber of Wake Forest, Minnesota, etc. Maybe then they will get a bowl outside of Tennessee. They have improved enough where they do not need to play Akron, WKU, or any directional university.

True. But, just look at our defending national champions schedule. Not much better.
No win situation for Uk. If Kentucky wins then people say Florida is way down. If Florida wins then Kentucky is no good.
Benchwarmer Wrote:No win situation for Uk. If Kentucky wins then people say Florida is way down. If Florida wins then Kentucky is no good.

I disagree. This would be a HUGE win for UK. This would be the first win in what, 20 some games. IMO the program takes a step foward and gains a ton of respect in finally beating Florida. Next on the list, Tenn.
Benchwarmer Wrote:True. But, just look at our defending national champions schedule. Not much better.

They did play Penn St. who is at least a decent name and would destroy any of UK's non conference opponents and maybe UK. At the this stage, UK needs games against major conference opponents to get some recognition and some respect and go somewhere other than a bowl in Tennesse. If they play a tougher non conference schedule, maybe they can pull off some of these heartbreakers against the top teir SEC opponents they seem to have every year.
Jarons Wrote:They did play Penn St. who is at least a decent name and would destroy any of UK's non conference opponents and maybe UK. At the this stage, UK needs games against major conference opponents to get some recognition and some respect and go somewhere other than a bowl in Tennesse. If they play a tougher non conference schedule, maybe they can pull off some of these heartbreakers against the top teir SEC opponents they seem to have every year.

:Thumbs:
Aslan Wrote:I disagree. This would be a HUGE win for UK. This would be the first win in what, 20 some games. IMO the program takes a step foward and gains a ton of respect in finally beating Florida. Next on the list, Tenn.

Well, I think if we go into the game make it close. I think that will earn some respect because last game in the swamp I believe it was something like 65-5. UK may not win this game but it wont be a 20+ game this year.

As far as the schedule, I heard Joker say earlier in the year. The WKU series over the next 3 years will help on recuiting because the game will be played on an NFL field LP field in TN.As BW said we are trying to build a program so if there are one or two cupcakes on the schedule it may help down the road.
my heart says uk but my brain is telling me florida. but its not going to be like the previous games though.
Jarons Wrote:They did play Penn St. who is at least a decent name and would destroy any of UK's non conference opponents and maybe UK. At the this stage, UK needs games against major conference opponents to get some recognition and some respect and go somewhere other than a bowl in Tennesse. If they play a tougher non conference schedule, maybe they can pull off some of these heartbreakers against the top teir SEC opponents they seem to have every year.

Agreed. If you want to be treated like a big boy, you need to be prepared for the big boy!
Benchwarmer Wrote:I agree.

Thank You!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Wildcats by a TD.
Quote:For the people on here that thinks UK will lose by 20+. Go ahead and send me a PM with, how much you want to lay on it. I'll bet anyone with UK and 20pts.

Lol i like you confidence, 'cause i too am a huge wildcat football fan. & as much as i hate to say this i will, UK wont win this game! here are my reasons.

reason #1- they will be in the swamp! (idk if you know this or not but cats & swamps dont go good together lol)

reason #2- Mike Flatline is starting QB. hes a immature little ***** an need to grow up.
Gators by 28.
MVP2 Wrote:For the people on here that thinks UK will lose by 20+. Go ahead and send me a PM with, how much you want to lay on it. I'll bet anyone with UK and 20pts.

Don't tempt me MVP:devilflam
zaga_fan Wrote:Don't tempt me MVP:devilflam

Rolleyes
MVP, I won't take the bet cause I'm right there with ya bro.
Gators by 20!!!! This Florida is not has good as the Gators in the past!!!
Kentucky will prevail. They had may too much talent on the offensive side of the ball to not win IMO.
Benchwarmer Wrote:UK is trying to build a program so bring on the cupcakes. If you remember not to long ago UK was getting beat by these weak teams not anymore. Kentucky just beat the crap out of the last two teams. thank god. In the past UK would struggle against these teams.

:Thumbs:

If people inside the state of Kentucky can't even watch most of their teams games, then playing cupcakes to get to a Nationally televised Bowl game, is pretty essential for recruiting.

I wouldn't mind adding a team from a major conference in the place of Akron. Why not play a Minnesota or a Colorado?
As bad as I want the Wildcats to pull out the win, I don't think it will be a very good game for them!
It's not our fault that Lville is not the team they were a couple of years ago. What has Penn st done beat Youngstown st and Kent St. I do agree that we could up the schedule a little.
Stardust Wrote:Agreed. If you want to be treated like a big boy, you need to be prepared for the big boy!

So that why Alabama plays Duke, San Jose State, and Georgia State. If you want to be treated like a big boy play these top 200 teams.
if florida keeps up with the mess with the center and qb i think UK pulls the upset and blows the sec east wide open
Benchwarmer Wrote:It's not our fault that Lville is not the team they were a couple of years ago. What has Penn st done beat Youngstown st and Kent St. I do agree that we could up the schedule a little.

That is what I have been trying to say all along. I don't mean Ohio St., USC, and Texas every year. Just something where they will have a little better competion, just one game like the caliber of Clemson or Northwestern. I am tired of UK playing brothers and sisters of the poor blind kids every year out of conference.
How long as it been since UK beat Florida????