Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does the future look good for the 15th?
i dont think it looks good for anyone.!!!
belfry's got some young ones coming up, from middle school and grade school and even some good freshmen
If you look at anybody...JC has the best future...no one in the regions JV team can beat them
there are always spurts when talent levels drop. they will come back up
If Valley gets all of Virgies players in a few years they will be unstoppable.
I don't see a state championship anytime soon
Nope future don't look good for any of them
agree u know not
The future could be bright for Shelby Valley if everything falls into place. They have a good combination of guards and size in the freshman class and 8th grade. The problem is that things rarely happen as they should. Too many "x" factors involved...

If this group does stay together they have talent equivalent to the group that graduated last year. Hopefully if it does happen this group will have more heart...
"gunner10" Wrote:If you look at anybody...JC has the best future...no one in the regions JV team can beat them

Sorry dude JC lost their first two games ago but I know they will get better. Bad news is rumor has it that they will be losing the 6'5" true freshman to his family relocating (he never plays but has potential.)
I disagree guys. Paintsvile or Johnson Central will be making a trip to Lexington in the near future. Paintsville will gradually get better as Slone and company gain physical and emotional maturity. Central's JV is actually better than their varsity when they are in a team mentallity (again a maturity problem) and Belfry who knew???
i don't see a 15th region team winning a state title for a long time, as far as winning games in the state tourney goes, in the near future i see some 15th teams at least advancing from the 1st round!
"basketballstar" Wrote:If Valley gets all of Virgies players in a few years they will be unstoppable.

How old can you be and still compete in high school sports? They may be able to compete until their sophomore year or something.
Until this region has some 6'7 or 6'8 big men, this region will not win any state championships.
Not to good, way to small for a state title
What is South Laurels tallest player?
that actually plays?
Last year when they won it was 6'8.
Paintsville had an all Freshman Starting Five last year so look for them to be good in the next few years carried by Landon Slone..expect a trip or few to Rupp for Paintsville
"SuperStar" Wrote:The future could be bright for Shelby Valley if everything falls into place. They have a good combination of guards and size in the freshman class and 8th grade. The problem is that things rarely happen as they should. Too many "x" factors involved...

If this group does stay together they have talent equivalent to the group that graduated last year. Hopefully if it does happen this group will have more heart...
The 8th and 9th grades have much more talent than last years SV group... In three years they will have more conglomerate talent than SV has ever had if everyone sticks together. If all works out this group will dominate the 15th region and should have top ten type talent.
You are correct!!!!
Good post Ace!
I agree with a a couple of posts. I'm sure there are a couple of schools that have a chance to be in the top of the state, but it usually takes size to win at state. It is hard for a 6'2" center to guard and rebound with 6'7" kids.
07-08 Belfry and Paintsville will be tops with Belfry having an athletic and size advantage but Paintsville having experience.
i think pikeville coach looks very promising hopefully they will have to talent to along too
id say belfry middle schoolers will b a great team when they make their way to the high school level....they got coachz tha will prepare them for the competition....pikeville, and virgie lookin good also
i dont really think any of the teams will be that good... lets hope for a good future...!!!
doesnt look very good
does the future look good for the 15th??

Only for Paintsville IMO, with their Super Sophomore class led by Slone, Grimm, and VanHoose, and Maybe Pike Central who has some good young Talent led by Hamilton, who I believe is only a Soph.