Cox, Breathitt...infielder, good stick
King, KCC...good lefty stick, arm injury last year, catcher-pitcher
Adams, KCC...versatile athlete, catcher-shortstop
Morton, Powell...shortstop-pitcher
Hayes, Powell...solid catcher, good stick
*Adams, LCC...good control
Hubbard, Leslie...best defensive catcher in 14th

*top pitchers
Smith from Perry may be one of the best sticks to come out of there in a long time. He needs to work on his base running skills though. Other than that, hes great in the field and at the plate.
Sexton and Smith are **** good with their unique style and play. No doubt smith is not good with his running skills and he should improve and work on to make positive change in his game.
rawlingsfan Wrote:Smith, PCC...14th Region POY 2010, centerfield, lefty stick
*Potter, KCC...5 year starter, good stick, good pitcher-shortstop
Sexton, LCC...been around forever like Potter, good stick, shortstop
Slone, Hazard...had a great soph. year in '09, pitched around last season
Olinger, Hazard...centerfield, great speed
Hale, Powell...centerfield, great speed
*Hurt, PCC...beat Estill & Powell in region, excellent control
*Mays, Powell...good live fastball 81-84
*Slone, KCC...good live fastball 83-87
*Hamilton, Breathitt...lefty pitched great game in regional opener '10
Creech, Wolfe...lefty stick, good power

*top pitchers

Good list, would add Whitaker and Johnson from Hazard.
rawlingsfan Wrote:Smith, PCC...14th Region POY 2010, centerfield, lefty stick
*Potter, KCC...5 year starter, good stick, good pitcher-shortstop
Sexton, LCC...been around forever like Potter, good stick, shortstop
Slone, Hazard...had a great soph. year in '09, pitched around last season
Olinger, Hazard...centerfield, great speed
Hale, Powell...centerfield, great speed
*Hurt, PCC...beat Estill & Powell in region, excellent control
*Mays, Powell...good live fastball 81-84
*Slone, KCC...good live fastball 83-87
*Hamilton, Breathitt...lefty pitched great game in regional opener '10
Creech, Wolfe...lefty stick, good power

*top pitchers

Really good list. :Thumbs:
Would definitly add Austin Johnson, been starting at Hazard since 8th grade, +85 fastball, great hands and range at shortstop, very smart player, probably the fastest kid on the list, 14 Region Tournament team last year as a frosh, should be near the top of the list. Evan Whitaker, now also at Hazard, very smooth, also pushing mid 80 fastball, great breaking ball and offspeed, started putting a knuckle ball over the plate for strikes late summer. Both are very solid at the plate with power.

I also love the Hubbard kid at Leslie, hands down the best defensive catcher in the 14th. Streaky hitter.

Pitchers...Although he had a great team behind, Connor Hurt at PCC was 10-0 last year before loosing at Applebee's in the State Tournament.

Just my thoughts, I havent seen some of the kids on the list play but looks like a great list.
Bigdaddy1 Wrote:Would definitly add Austin Johnson, been starting at Hazard since 8th grade, +85 fastball, great hands and range at shortstop, very smart player, probably the fastest kid on the list, 14 Region Tournament team last year as a frosh, should be near the top of the list. Evan Whitaker, now also at Hazard, very smooth, also pushing mid 80 fastball, great breaking ball and offspeed, started putting a knuckle ball over the plate for strikes late summer. Both are very solid at the plate with power.

I also love the Hubbard kid at Leslie, hands down the best defensive catcher in the 14th. Streaky hitter.

Pitchers...Although he had a great team behind, Connor Hurt at PCC was 10-0 last year before loosing at Applebee's in the State Tournament.

Just my thoughts, I havent seen some of the kids on the list play but looks like a great list.

I can assure you that neither one of these kids throws in the 80's. There might be 3 pitchers in the region that actually do. Don't get me wrong they are excellent players and will help Hazard out this year but you might be pushing it a bit.
I can promise you that the Johnson Kid is at 85 on his fastball and would envite you to come see for yourself any time. Or if you are around Champions any weekend or anywhere in eastern KY i would be more than glad to let him prove it to you. If you would like to send me a message would be more than happy to talk to you about both those kids. Johnson beat North Laurel last year at North early/mid year and both pitchers were clocked all game at 82 to 84. Middlesboro was there scouting for the All A clocking also.
Bigdaddy1 Wrote:I can promise you that the Johnson Kid is at 85 on his fastball and would envite you to come see for yourself any time. Or if you are around Champions any weekend or anywhere in eastern KY i would be more than glad to let him prove it to you. If you would like to send me a message would be more than happy to talk to you about both those kids. Johnson beat North Laurel last year at North early/mid year and both pitchers were clocked all game at 82 to 84. Middlesboro was there scouting for the All A clocking also.

Well if I'm wrong I apologize, I just don't remember him throwing that hard.
I CAN TELL YOU JOHNSON THROWS IN THE 80s ALSO HAZARD HAS A FRESHMAN PITCHER THAT WILL THROW IN THE 80s THIS YEAR JACOB ROLL.
Bigdaddy1 Wrote:I can promise you that the Johnson Kid is at 85 on his fastball and would envite you to come see for yourself any time. Or if you are around Champions any weekend or anywhere in eastern KY i would be more than glad to let him prove it to you. If you would like to send me a message would be more than happy to talk to you about both those kids. Johnson beat North Laurel last year at North early/mid year and both pitchers were clocked all game at 82 to 84. Middlesboro was there scouting for the All A clocking also.
Haha. Seen M-Boro's scouting report last year. They had 5 pitchers listed and the only kid they had hitting 78+ was Meehan. Those kids are not mid 80's, watched them both throw. Hazard also told Wilson from Clay they clocked him at 95, he has been clocked at 90, but 95 is ludacris. The freshman probably will hit in the 80's. Watched him throw last year and the sky is the limit for him.
I honestly believe that Sexton from LCC will have an unbelievable season this year and end up coming out on top for POY! He has tremendous upside and a great deal of potential to really turn some heads this season. I can't wait to see what he can do? He could definetely be a D1 type player with his potential!