Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region
Who are favorites in the 13th region this season?
Top 3

1. Clay County
2. Bell County
3. Knox Central
1. Clay
2. Bell
3. North
4. Knox Central
5-10 is up for grabs, but ill say
5. Corbin
6. South
7. Harlan Co
8. Whitley
9. Pineville
10. Barbourville
zone buster Wrote:Top 3

1. Clay County
2. Bell County
3. Knox Central

even though i think Ben madon is the best player in the 13th this yr.. i am gonna have to agree with you...
tehot05 Wrote:even though i think Ben madon is the best player in the 13th this yr.. i am gonna have to agree with you...
i wouldnt put kc above north or south,i think they lost 90%of there scoring last year.jmo
big blu 2 u Wrote:i wouldnt put kc above north or south,i think they lost 90%of there scoring last year.jmo

yea they did loose that Miller, but they still have some good players comming back such the Broughton kid, Cannandy, and the big center... So i think they should be 3rd.. Hands down though Clay and Bell tops...
South Laurel, will be very competive in the 13th region. They have a lot of speed, if thier young players develope over the season they will be a good team by District and Regional Tournament time. That will make them a hard out at Tournament time.

1) Clay
2) Bell
3) Knox Central
4) South Laurel
5) Whitley Co.
6) Harlan Co.
7) Corbin
8) Barbourville
9) North Laurel
10) Middlesboro/Pineville/Williamsburg???
clay #1. Anyone else winning will be an upset.
double post. sorry
Im about with everyone on here, I like Clay has the preseason favorite. The Tigers also return one of the best athletes in the 13th in Hooker who was out last season due to a torn ACL.
LexBaller Wrote:South Laurel, will be very competive in the 13th region. They have a lot of speed, if thier young players develope over the season they will be a good team by District and Regional Tournament time. That will make them a hard out at Tournament time.

1) Clay
2) Bell
3) Knox Central
4) South Laurel
5) Whitley Co.
6) Harlan Co.
7) Corbin
8) Barbourville
9) North Laurel
10) Middlesboro/Pineville/Williamsburg???

Middlesboro is starting over. Harlan beat them last year and has four starters returning.
Excited about Bell Co's football player BIG Caleb Carter playing this year. 6'6 305 lbs will be hard to move.
*Just heard*

Seth Chambers (started his freshman/sophmore yr) has come back on Bell's team, he had recently quit, but over the off season he lost about 50lbs (6-4/215) and in open gym he's been unstoppable.. So this is just an addition to the Bell county team that should be ranked 2nd in the region..
tehot05 Wrote:*Just heard*

Seth Chambers (started his freshman/sophmore yr) has come back on Bell's team, he had recently quit, but over the off season he lost about 50lbs (6-4/215) and in open gym he's been unstoppable.. So this is just an addition to the Bell county team that should be ranked 2nd in the region..

Wow... This team could be one of the tallest and best that Bell Co has seen since the Twin Towers...
I really think Clay is the favorite in the 13th Region but after watching Bell Co and Corbin play in last years regional tournament. There is always a Big IF"s factor... if not for Bell Co TO and a out standing game from Corbin's Wilson, Bell wins the game. The 13th Region Title want be as easy for Clay Co as some think. Clay Co will have a bullseye on thier back like Corbin and South Laurel has had the last few years. Under pressure is a understatement for Clay Co.

Who will Bell Co have at Point Guard? Last year; I thought they had a hard time getting the ball down the floor under control with teams pressing them.
Clay Co will be well coached this year.
Harlan County is a team that could make some noise in the region. Young, but very talented.
LexBaller Wrote:I really think Clay is the favorite in the 13th Region but after watching Bell Co and Corbin play in last years regional tournament. There is always a Big IF"s factor... if not for Bell Co TO and a out standing game from Corbin's Wilson, Bell wins the game. The 13th Region Title want be as easy for Clay Co as some think. Clay Co will have a bullseye on thier back like Corbin and South Laurel has had the last few years. Under pressure is a understatement for Clay Co.

Who will Bell Co have at Point Guard? Last year; I thought they had a hard time getting the ball down the floor under control with teams pressing them.

Bell's point guard/guards will be Ben Madon and Tanner Lefevers..
tehot05 Wrote:Bell's point guard/guards will be Ben Madon and Tanner Lefevers..

My friend that helps coach said they are trying to get Cory Davenport back out and he probably will. He was a heck of a ball player in middle school. Great guard with speed.
1. Clay County
2. Bell County
3. Knox Central
4. Corbin
5. Whitley County
6. South Laurel
7. Harlan County
8. Barbourville
9. Harlan
10. North Laurel

1. Ben Madon - Bell County
2. Matthew Mitchell - Clay County
3. John Vernon Hooker - Clay County
4. Codi Roberts - Clay County
5. Jordan Akins - Whitley County
6. Travis Smith - Corbin
7. Josh Hildebrand - Barbourville
8. Cody Likins - North Laurel
9. Tanner Broughton - Knox Central
10. Travis Canady - Knox Central
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
South Laurel, Harlan Co., Harlan are in top 10 but have no top 10 players. Can anyone enlighten on their respective team leaders this season?
leecoukfan Wrote:1. Clay County
2. Bell County
3. Knox Central
4. Corbin
5. Whitley County
6. South Laurel
7. Harlan County
8. Barbourville
9. Harlan
10. North Laurel

1. Ben Madon - Bell County
2. Matthew Mitchell - Clay County
3. John Vernon Hooker - Clay County
4. Codi Roberts - Clay County
5. Jordan Akins - Whitley County
6. Travis Smith - Corbin
7. Josh Hildebrand - Barbourville
8. Cody Likins - North Laurel
9. Tanner Broughton - Knox Central
10. Travis Canady - Knox Central

Travis Canady should be atleast 5. No way NL shouldnt be top 5, and no way Corbin is.
Dungy Wrote:South Laurel, Harlan Co., Harlan are in top 10 but have no top 10 players. Can anyone enlighten on their respective team leaders this season?

I would say that Blake Sanders at PG will be for South Laurel, Alex Sergent for Harlan County, and Philip Ely for Harlan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I know a certian young man that is not on the list that has taken it VERY personal...lol.
tehot05 Wrote:yea they did loose that Miller, but they still have some good players comming back such the Broughton kid, Cannandy, and the big center... So i think they should be 3rd.. Hands down though Clay and Bell tops...
You are very wrong. Sorry :yikes:
Prototype Wrote:You are very wrong. Sorry :yikes:

Nope as of right now Clay has hands down the best starting five in the region.. With Ben madon returning, and three other three other starters makes Bell County the 2nd Best team in the region.

Bells scheldule this year is only gonna help bell in the 13th Region Tournament.

Bell County plays a tournament in Knoxville, the WYMT classic, and then they play one of the states elites in SCOTT CO..
tehot05 Wrote:Nope as of right now Clay has hands down the best starting five in the region.. With Ben madon returning, and three other three other starters makes Bell County the 2nd Best team in the region.

Bells scheldule this year is only gonna help bell in the 13th Region Tournament.

Bell County plays a tournament in Knoxville, the WYMT classic, and then they play one of the states elites in SCOTT CO..
I was trying to reply to the thread that you had replied to. My mistake.
Clay is the hands down favorite. If they don't win it something is wrong. I will take them against the rest of the teams.
Bell should have some good sophmores Tyler G., Corey O. Both saw JV playing time last year. Can't wait to see them in Action.
William Muney Wrote:Clay is the hands down favorite. If they don't win it something is wrong. I will take them against the rest of the teams.
Clay will be good but it is wide open. I have watched all the teams in our area from third grade up. The 13th region will be loaded up with talent. It will be who wants it the most. I watched Clays seniors play in the
7th and 8th grade and they were the best around. Everyone gets better and some even grow a little. Any of the top 5 teams in the region could win region. Clay will have a battle every time they hit the floor. It will be a great season for the 13 region. A coaching change can help you or it can hurt. Can't wait for the season to start.