Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 40 Breathitt County 20
Thank you Sarah for your nice comments about our band. I also agree with oour comments about not putting down individuals when discussing games. There is no "I" in team, it is one for all and all for one. People need to remember you are talking about children who are still very impressionable and need to be supported simply for coming out and joining the team and making the effort to play. I certainly felt Richard made a big impact on the game. It seemed he was all over the field doing his best to earn a win for Breathitt County. I hope he is not too discouraged by the season to date, his injury is not severe, and wish nothing but good luck to Breathitt County for the rest of the season.
djttrbm Wrote:By the way,by make me stop,I mean play as a team and prove me wrong.You guys are good athletes and I know you can do it,just can't stop the little mistakes.Breathitt beat theirselves at Hazard.

THEY ARE KIDS...do ppl not get this fact...i've looked at all your posts and you are truly they def. of a band wagin fan. you have gone to far...i believe someone needs to teacher u how to be a tru fan. i have been there every game this year, and cheered on that team at all time no matter what is going on. yeah they played a bad game but wtf are you doing call them out?? i'm sick of it and you should be worried. have a wonderful day....:Thumbs:
I don't know who you are. Nor do I care. Just so you know, a player that you were talking about told me to get on here and see what you were saying about him and his team. I don't view this website because it always annoys me how people hide behind a username rather than saying who they are. The kids get on here and read this. If you have a kid or kids on the team you should have enough respect for the other players not to go on posting things against their teammates. For one it makes your child look like they cannot impress the coach enough to get playing time and therefore you have to post negative things to try to get them noticed. I am proud of all the kids. Even yours (and I don't know who that is). I would hate to think that I would come to the games just to down my own team. Next game just go sit on the opposing side and you can be their number one fan. Cause you sure ain't a fan of our team.
Sarah Trent Wrote:I wanted to say congrats to the Band. They did a great job and I am happy they won.

Thank you Sarah. We appreciate the respect shown by the Breathitt fans and players while the band was performing at halftime. I'd like to wish the Bobcats the best of luck with the rest of their season.
Sarah Trent Wrote:I wanted to say congrats to the Band. They did a great job and I am happy they won.

Won? What did they win? I haven't been to a game yet this season. What are they playing for the field show?

Old band member here :biggrin:

EDIT: Are you talking about the BHS Band or the Hazard Band?
jdnoble18 Wrote:Won? What did they win? I haven't been to a game yet this season. What are they playing for the field show?

Old band member here :biggrin:

EDIT: Are you talking about the BHS Band or the Hazard Band?

i'm pretty sure she is talking about hazards band, but they hadn't won anything. they said something about them going to a field comp. on the weekend, but thats all i remember. Hazards is def. one of the best bands ive seen this year. i havent seen anyone that compairs to them. Johnson Centrals band looked good just didnt play as well as hazard did. Good Job Band :Thumbs:
Hazard's band won Grand Champion of the Corbin band competition on Saturday. In doing so they beat North and South Laurel (5A bands), Knox County, Southwestern, Lincoln and Pulaski County (4A), Bell, Estill and McCreary Counties (3A), Middlesboro (2A) and Harlan and Pineville (1A). This was our first outing and, needless to say, we were quite pleased with the results. We will be competing in Mason County this coming Saturday and hope for another successful competition.

Thanks for asking.
WOW! I honestly expected this to be a really close kinda grind-it-out game between these two! Congrats Dawgs!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
^ I didn't.. Hazard always has a tough football team.
Good job Dawgs.
Breathitt, better luck next year, keep your chin up.
First of all, being a former bobcat and alumni, I would like to state how upset and embarrased I am due to the negative comments that have been posted on this forum about some of our student athletes on this years team. If our parents can't get along with eachother how in the world can our boys play as one team. I love to see the bobcats win as much as any one but I am realistic. The teams that have defeated the bobcats this year with the exception of Lexington Christian are simply better teams. After watching the bobcats this year two things really stand out with this team. First is youth. Breathitt is very young compared to the majority of the teams we have competed against. When you have youth you have inconsistency. It is very easy for a young team to lose focus after a tough loss and I believe after the Perry Central game this team lost their focus and confidence. The second thing I would like to point out with this bobcat team is the lack of team speed. I think Perry Central, Johnson Central, and Hazard really exposed our lack of speed at the skill positions. With that being said I still believe this team will get things together by sweeping the district and making some noise in the playoffs but for this to happen some parents need to be classy and support our players and coaches. Go Bobcats.
Cat Daddy Wrote:First of all, being a former bobcat and alumni, I would like to state how upset and embarrased I am due to the negative comments that have been posted on this forum about some of our student athletes on this years team. If our parents can't get along with eachother how in the world can our boys play as one team. I love to see the bobcats win as much as any one but I am realistic. The teams that have defeated the bobcats this year with the exception of Lexington Christian are simply better teams. After watching the bobcats this year two things really stand out with this team. First is youth. Breathitt is very young compared to the majority of the teams we have competed against. When you have youth you have inconsistency. It is very easy for a young team to lose focus after a tough loss and I believe after the Perry Central game this team lost their focus and confidence. The second thing I would like to point out with this bobcat team is the lack of team speed. I think Perry Central, Johnson Central, and Hazard really exposed our lack of speed at the skill positions. With that being said I still believe this team will get things together by sweeping the district and making some noise in the playoffs but for this to happen some parents need to be classy and support our players and coaches. Go Bobcats.

well Spoken :Thumbs:
Cat Daddy Wrote:First of all, being a former bobcat and alumni, I would like to state how upset and embarrased I am due to the negative comments that have been posted on this forum about some of our student athletes on this years team. If our parents can't get along with eachother how in the world can our boys play as one team. I love to see the bobcats win as much as any one but I am realistic. The teams that have defeated the bobcats this year with the exception of Lexington Christian are simply better teams. After watching the bobcats this year two things really stand out with this team. First is youth. Breathitt is very young compared to the majority of the teams we have competed against. When you have youth you have inconsistency. It is very easy for a young team to lose focus after a tough loss and I believe after the Perry Central game this team lost their focus and confidence. The second thing I would like to point out with this bobcat team is the lack of team speed. I think Perry Central, Johnson Central, and Hazard really exposed our lack of speed at the skill positions. With that being said I still believe this team will get things together by sweeping the district and making some noise in the playoffs but for this to happen some parents need to be classy and support our players and coaches. Go Bobcats.

Good Post.
A lot of us fans, especially parents, get caught up in the emotions and forget we aren't watching the Eagles and Redskins out there.
These are kids that just love to play football and most don't have the tools to take it to the next level, they just want to play.
Sarah,I'm sorry if anyone misunderstood.I think the world of Richard myself and I also agree about the whole team thing,and I also never said he didn't try.He tried his heart out,but he still needs to cover the ball when coming through traffic.I still stand behind what I said about some not in the game mentally,some other players(not mine)were commenting on their apparent lack of remorse about the game.they know who they are.And it's not she it's he that posted it.
:Thumbs:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Quote:Could that mean, that they'll be calling one of their own back Justin Haddix up there in Hazard to come take over and get the program back where it was when he was a player there?

no way
09Dores Wrote:no way
In my opinion the program was where it was in large part to John Paul Chapman. I am basing my opinion on Breathitt's results when he has been gone and prior to him getting the job at Breathitt in the mid 90's.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

loser09 Wrote:I agree 100% with you. She needs to stop calling out the boys. Her boys aint doing so hot but you dont see their names on her.

You need to listen to these replies, I am not a she, so don't go placing blameon the people you don't know! And if my boys mess up they get commented on as well as the others.
loser09 Wrote:And just how good did you boys play? You can't pick just 2 boys out on the team. They win as a team and they lose as a team. Not just one or two. Dont go saying that this is their fault. Somebody needs to teach our hicker how to hick the ball right and stop throwing it over Richard's head. Collins needs to go somewhere besides the middle.(that is if coach would change it up a little bit. The WHOLE line needs to learn how to block. I mean I can keep going but I have more respect for my Bobcats. I love my bobcats and I'm there for them win or lose and I dont blame it just on one. The whole team should be at fault. End of story.

I have faithfully attended every bobcat football game for years now, even when I had no kids playing, I have seen a lot of mistakes made by the players and by the coach. I have heard parents down the kids and the coaches and I have listened to the bobcats players down each other for their mistakes and I have listened to the reasons why each player thinks the other players where not playing at their best. I don't always agree with the players decisions at the time of play; however, i understand that's why some mess up- to much pressure, harder team, coaches wrong decision on the play at the time but I have never knocked the kids for playing and I have always been fair to the players and their mistakes and tactics, even if they are my kids playing. The Hazard game should of been a win for the bobcats. The quarter-back had some fumbles, so did the running back. The Hazard team (I believe) was equipped to cause a lot of fumbles against our bobcats, that was their gameplan and they done it successfully. I also watched the "hicker" as he was referred to which is the (center) by the way, and he only had 1 bad snapped as I saw, and a few of the other players had some bad runs and plays. I also saw the play where we should of had a touchdown, by breaking the line, and the judges never called it correctly which in return gave the bulldogs a touchdown. This years BOBCATS are a terrific set of young men, I have watched them grow up into nice, respectful young men. they are big buddies and they look out for each other on and off the fields!! I think parents need to take example from these kids and quit this bickering on this site. I have kids playing and they mess up just like the others do. They do get corrected on and off the field for their mistakes. But just because someone gets on here and post "their opinion" of where the team went wrong, that doesn't mean another person gets on here and downs another player for mistakes they may or may not have done just to justify what went wrong with their child by opinion of someone else. Every parent is objective when it comes to their child, but if you are a true fan and you truly love your child or player, and you watch the games, being the loyal fan you are, You know where and if your player went wrong and instead of downing them or getting here and commenting on a post from someone else, Be honest, stand up for your child, and accept where they went wrong and help them correct the mistakes and make them a better TEAM and a better player at the same time. Each and every player on this team HAS messed up in one game or another, mine included, but I have never mentioned any names, they know themselves when they messed up and they're is no excuse other than they messed up. That's in the past, get over it, try harder, get your head in the game and kick butt next time. If all the bobcats can click at the same time there is no other team that we have played this year that could of beat us! I love each and every bobcat on that team and I truly believe if they can get it together they can win STATE!! And Jarrod, Jess, Tyler, Josh, and Cody can leave high school and retire from being a BREATHITT COUNTY BOBCAT, being very proud and wearing that state ring!!
Look guys,I'm sorry.What I want to say and what I type don't always match.I love these kids and I stand behind them.I get a little frustrated and let stuff come out wrong.Please accept my apology and know that even though what I said was hurtful,I honestly didn't mean it that way.I just know that if every player on that field plays to their full potential at the same time,they can win against Hazard or anybody else.Lets just let this go and try to get along and I promise I will pick my wording better in the future.