Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens 17 - Steelers 14
Final
Final. Steelers finish 3-1 without Big Ben. Much Better start than I could have imagined. Despite today's loss, I am happy with the way the Steelers started the season.
I didn't see this one and started one, any way to combine or close?
Can't believe we lost, gald we have a our qb back next week.
I have been very surprised myself. Even though we lost today, the Defense has sure done thier job. Big Ben better step up or I hope they get rid of him next year.
Well, sure would've loved to seen my Steelers pull this one off. But like Jarons said above me, pretty good start by the Steelers without Big Ben.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Pittsburgh is OK. Everyone in the North will beat each other up
Sarah Trent Wrote:I have been very surprised myself. Even though we lost today, the Defense has sure done thier job. Big Ben better step up or I hope they get rid of him next year.

Sarah, honey, please wake up out of that dream, pinch yourself and look at the other guys under center.
ok i dont get it... if the bengals beat the ravens but the ravens beat the steelers. the bengals must be pretty good this year... I havnt got to watch them any this year. But i wonder what would happen if the bengals and the steelers play? who would win.
Widereceiver6 Wrote:ok i dont get it... if the bengals beat the ravens but the ravens beat the steelers. the bengals must be pretty good this year... I havnt got to watch them any this year. But i wonder what would happen if the bengals and the steelers play? who would win.

Well, you will find out two times this year:biggrin:
Yea... I think bengals might win it though. Is the bengals undefeated this year? I havnt been watching them.
Widereceiver6 Wrote:Yea... I think bengals might win it though. Is the bengals undefeated this year? I havnt been watching them.

We need to get you out of your bubble and read all the posts on here.:biggrin: No, the Bengals are 2-2.
Stardust Wrote:We need to get you out of your bubble and read all the posts on here.:biggrin: No, the Bengals are 2-2.

ohh haha i havnt been paying atention to all the posts, and thanks.
Sarah Trent Wrote:I have been very surprised myself. Even though we lost today, the Defense has sure done thier job. Big Ben better step up or I hope they get rid of him next year.

This person is a big enough Steelers fan to say WE lost today, but doesnt know Big Ben hasnt played all year? Die hard fan I tell ya.
Some untimely penalties and 2 missed FG by Reed were our undoing today. We'll be ok though.
Not very happy with this game..reminded me too much of last year and how we lost..TJ ******mandzadeh is a born Steeler Killer, but ****, I could get open against our corners..We will be fine, but the boys need to clean up a lot of mistakes, because this is exactly how we lost 5 games in the final minute last year, and Lord knows we dont want a 2009 repeat..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Not very happy with this game..reminded me too much of last year and how we lost..TJ ******mandzadeh is a born Steeler Killer, but ****, I could get open against our corners..We will be fine, but the boys need to clean up a lot of mistakes, because this is exactly how we lost 5 games in the final minute last year, and Lord knows we dont want a 2009 repeat..
Chin up man. I never feel good about a loss but I feel better about this one than I did, say, back '08 when we lost to Philly when Ben was sacked 173 times (Give or take) and look how that season ended. It doesnt happen often but I think Coach Lebeau made the wrong call when baltimore scored that TD at the end of the game. Watch the film youll see what Im talking about. He sent Troy on a blitz and take a wild guess where Flacco threw the ball? As soon as he saw Troy coming he immediately rifles it to whosyamomma. What happens right there if Troy is on coverage in a deep cover 2? We went 3-1 without Big Ben! Its not the end of the world. But as bad as I hate to say it. I think we need a new kicker.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Chin up man. I never feel good about a loss but I feel better about this one than I did, say, back '08 when we lost to Philly when Ben was sacked 173 times (Give or take) and look how that season ended. It doesnt happen often but I think Coach Lebeau made the wrong call when baltimore scored that TD at the end of the game. Watch the film youll see what Im talking about. He sent Troy on a blitz and take a wild guess where Flacco threw the ball? As soon as he saw Troy coming he immediately rifles it to whosyamomma. What happens right there if Troy is on coverage in a deep cover 2? We went 3-1 without Big Ben! Its not the end of the world. But as bad as I hate to say it. I think we need a new kicker.
Ah man, I take every loss so personal. Im not the typical "we'll get 'em next time" fan. I absolutely hate when the Steelers or Tide lose. It ruins my entire week, lol..Im used to the Pirates and Sixers losing so those dont bother me, but when the black and gold, or the Crimson Tide lose? Close the door and drop the curtains, Im going into hiding for awhile, lol..But to the game. Yeah I absolutely 110% agree with you on Troy blitzing. He has made a couple of huge interceptions (the one on Matt Ryan being the game saver when they dropped into a C2)..I think on a short field, when Baltimore hasnt done much on the ground all game, that you drop Troy back and let them go after it. And McFadden needs to stop playing so soft. He gave TJ way too much cushion on that TD play. I cracked up on the Ben sacked 173 times comment too, by the way, LOL..No, like I wrote you in the PM, I will gladly take 3-1. I honestly think the division will go as I predicted (Steelers, Baltimore, Cincy and Cleveland) but make no mistake, there are NO easy games in the North. Every single game will be a slugfest. In my opinion, its EASILY the best division in football. But at the end of the year, I see our black and gold at no worse than 12-4..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate how we lay back at the end of games in prevent. It consistently prevents us from winning.
I for one can not wait till the browns game. 3 and 1 is a great start, but could of easily been 4-0.

For those of you who thought the Def would carry us through anything. It won't. Coaching staff made a big blunder today. Wallace could beat those corners all day, all he needed was a QB who could toss it out there and batch is way to weak. 2nd half Leftwhich should of been in. Batch couldn't read a coloring book today. People were open, and he didn't try to extend the play and folded. The last play he could of ran 20 yards instead he tossed a wounded duck.