Poll: Who Ya Got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jack Conway
40.00%
Rand Paul
60.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Ya Got Jack Conway vs Rand Paul?
I cant believe these 2 idiots are the best we have to offer to the Senate.

DW, Ill probably only vote for Paul because he supports term limits. That would be huge in cleaning up the corruption in our govt.
Jack Conway.
A vote for Conway is a vote for business as usual. He is a cookie-cutter politician...And that disgusts me.
I hope all you conservatives realize that Paul will try to legalize all drugs.
DevilsWin Wrote:I hope all you conservatives realize that Paul will try to legalize all drugs.
Be afraid, be very afraid, conservatives! :lmao:

The smear didn't work, so let's try the fear pitch?

As a conservative libertarian, I would have no problem with the legalization of drugs as long as it is accompanied by a host of other reforms to our legal system.

I hope that you understand that electing one man to the US Senate who is somewhat of a libertarian is not going to result in the legalization of drugs.
He also wants to take away tax free designation to churches.
DevilsWin Wrote:He also wants to take away tax free designation to churches.
I disagree with Paul on that issue, but I don't think that I have ever voted for anybody whose positions matched mine 100 percent.

Have you given up on putting forth a positive message on Conway's behalf? His poll numbers seem to be sinking like a rock and the slide began with his stupid attack on Ron Paul over some kind of college prank. So, should Conway be going really, really negative now, or is the race a lost cause?
DW who cares if he believes in those things? Thats like saying he also wants to spend a trillion dollars on a new coffee recipe. Those things will never come to a vote, or be put in a bill, or ever get through congress, so what does it really matter? However, on most of the critical votes and agendas that will be taking place over the next 6 years, I agree with him on a lot, so I will likely vote for him.
In the latest Public Policy Polling survey, Rand Paul leads Jack Conway 55 percent to 40 percent. Conway's smear and fear campaign did not work and I will not be surprised if the margin is even worse than 15 percent, especially if Conway continues to campaign up to the last minute. :lmao:

[INDENT]
Quote:Paul headed for easy victory

Rand Paul has expanded his lead in the Kentucky Senate race even further over the last week and is headed for a blowout win. His margin over Jack Conway is 55-40.

Kentucky is obviously a conservative state. Conway's ability to win was always going to depend on getting a lot of folks who supported John McCain in 2008 to vote Democratic for the Senate this time around. The most amazing finding on this final poll is that Rand Paul is actually picking up more Obama voters (15%) than Conway is McCain voters (9%). That's the formula for a landslide.
[/INDENT]
I really do think the race is lost but after hearing what you guys are puttin down I also believe that you're gonna get more than you bargain for with Paul.

Sure he's for some of the reforms you guys want, but he's not good for a state like Kentucky.

All the things he's for will hurt an already poor state.
DevilsWin Wrote:I really do think the race is lost but after hearing what you guys are puttin down I also believe that you're gonna get more than you bargain for with Paul.

Sure he's for some of the reforms you guys want, but he's not good for a state like Kentucky.

All the things he's for will hurt an already poor state.
Kentucky is not a poor state because it does not get enough money from the feds. Kentucky is a poor state because of the corrupt officials who have run the state for decades. Governments cannot create wealth but they can destroy it or transfer it from one place to another after skimming off their hefty share.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Kentucky is not a poor state because it does not get enough money from the feds. Kentucky is a poor state because of the corrupt officials who have run the state for decades. Governments cannot create wealth but they can destroy it or transfer it from one place to another after skimming off their hefty share.

Population = Tax dollars

What do you think creates states wealth?
DevilsWin Wrote:Population = Tax dollars

Freedom and natural resources. Kentucky has abundant energy and water resources and there is no good reason for it not to be a prosperous state. Population does not equal tax dollars unless a state has a healthy economy that allows its people to earn a good living.

A government cannot tax or borrow its way to prosperity. Obama and the Democrats have tried it and they have failed. Now they will pay for their actions. The rest of us will be paying for their mistakes for decades.
DevilsWin Wrote:Population = Tax dollars

So that is the determining factor?

How about this to contradict that statement: California

Perhaps maybe: New York

The condition of two of the most populous states in the union shoots that theory down.
Bob Seger Wrote:So that is the determining factor?

How about this to contradict that statement: California

Perhaps maybe: New York

The condition of two of the most populous states in the union shoots that theory down.

Just because you have money doesn't mean you manage it well.

Without the TVA Kentucky would be beggin for food.
DevilsWin Wrote:Just because you have money doesn't mean you manage it well.

Without the TVA Kentucky would be beggin for food.

I'm sure you meant to say "without the coal industry".

Thus a major part of this state's problem, is the crippling policies towards the coal industry by this administration.