Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rand Paul Wins
:Thumbs: The new Senator from the COmmonwealth of Kentucky shall be Rand Paul
Congrats to Rand Paul.
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Anybody for a little tea?
:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::rockon::rockon::rockon:
So glad to see a republican taking over.
I sure hope things work out for the majority.
The Glory days of early 2000......Lol, NVM, they weren't any.
It is very refreshing to see a solid leader in office. His speech was strong and thoughtful. The best of Kentucky has spoken! I have faith in the voting population who obviously chose the candidate that was best suited for this position.
Just announced on CNN that this nation has chosen the Republicans as the leader's of the House. Obviously, this country has lost faith in the leadership of the past majority.

Those detractors can say and snipe all they want, but it is their neighbor who made this happen.
Glad to see the Grand Old Party isn't dead like the pundits predicted in 2008

"The report of my death was an exaggeration" M. Twain
^ I am proud of this state
Congrats.
nky Wrote:Glad to see the Grand Old Party isn't dead like the pundits predicted in 2008

"The report of my death was an exaggeration" M. Twain
Unfortunately that speculation came resulting from the self inflicted gunshot wound that the GOP did to themselves. Let's see if they can figure out why Obama & Co. gained control in the first place and do something to correct those mistakes. I fear these election results were not so much pro GOP sentiment as it was anti Obama-Pelosi-Reid sentiment.
Bob Seger Wrote:Unfortunately that speculation came resulting from the self inflicted gunshot wound that the GOP did to themselves. Let's see if they can figure out why Obama & Co. gained control in the first place and do something to correct those mistakes. I fear these election results were not so much pro GOP sentiment as it was anti Obama-Pelosi-Reid sentiment.
as was the 2008 elections results with the anti-Bush and the tingly feeling that Obama gave to those in the media plus the fact that the GOP had McCain as the head of the ticket.
Rand Paul...Good Job Bub
nky Wrote:as was the 2008 elections results with the anti-Bush and the tingly feeling that Obama gave to those in the media plus the fact that the GOP had McCain as the head of the ticket.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. The average American is not overwhelmingly happy with either party, as evidenced by the emergence of the Tea Party. Like I said, I'm prayerful that the GOP now realizes what gave the Democrats the upper hand in the last election and now will listen and adhere to what the vast majority of Americans want in regards to "less" government intruding on their lives.

Now the big question. It's one thing to come out rosey in the midterms , but what will the party have to offer, candidate wise in the 2012 election to go up against Obama. They cannot afford to make the same mistake of a McCain/Palin type ticket again, or these gains will all be for naught.