Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State champs will be?
delton fms are you a Farnsley fan,maybe we will get to play each other at Anderson.
Old Jacket, you need to re-read my post. I wasn't making excuses and I didn't say Williamsburg was lucky. I said there was very little defense on both sides and anyone who was there knows that. I also said they were very good and I thought they would win D3. The point of my post was to correct the score and point out that we did overlook Williamsburg at that time and were unprepared. My son was one of those 7th graders last year that only had two losses to Corbin and Clay Co. They went into the Williamsburg game thinking it wouldn't be a game, based on last years scrimmage, and were showed different. It was the best thing that could have happened to us. We became focused and worked harder.
i would like to give some love to a mountain team that i think might just have a shot a state. first of all i want to give the bobcats of bell co some love for going thru what they did this year (injuries) and not laying down. #14 is a beast on defence and one heck of a full back, #22 is as tough as they come for middle school sports.
Lyn Turpin Wrote:Old Jacket, you need to re-read my post. I wasn't making excuses and I didn't say Williamsburg was lucky. I said there was very little defense on both sides and anyone who was there knows that. I also said they were very good and I thought they would win D3. The point of my post was to correct the score and point out that we did overlook Williamsburg at that time and were unprepared. My son was one of those 7th graders last year that only had two losses to Corbin and Clay Co. They went into the Williamsburg game thinking it wouldn't be a game, based on last years scrimmage, and were showed different. It was the best thing that could have happened to us. We became focused and worked harder.

What are you basing it on??? Williamsburg played with Southern last year. It was a scrimmage, I'm upset because your insinuating that Southern just flat out beat them down last year.
I don't want to get involved in the disputes of others, but I would like to add a few points. My son is a 7th grader so I have no idea how last years scrimmage went. I did watch a couple of last years games however and in those games, Williamsburg started 4 eighth graders (all on the line) and one sixth grader along with 6 seventh graders. All of our skill position players were in their 1st or 2nd year in middle school (3-4 also played as 6th graders). What was a very young team last year is now a very experienced team except for the linemen. It took a while for the line to come together, but now that they have they will be a tough out for anyone.

To the Cumberland fan that said we were just lucky. I have to problem with you thinking your team is better. I do not know anything abour Cumberland or how they will match up with Williamsburg. If they are the better team then we will congratulate you and try again next year. I do not think we are just lucky though. I don't know how a team can luck into a 12-1 record with wins against 2 D1 schools and 2 D2 teams as well as a close loss to a very good Corbin team. Even their fans said we were the best team they had played all year. In fact the only facet of the game they outplayed us on was special teams.

To the Southern Pulaski fans, this was also our 1st game of the year and as stated above, our line was almost completely new. I have nothing but respect for your team. In fact it was the goal line stand at the end of that game that gave our team the confidence they needed to have the great season they have had. I wish you luck in the playoffs. It will be great to say that we were the only team to beat the D1 state champs.
Newjacket Wrote:I don't want to get involved in the disputes of others, but I would like to add a few points. My son is a 7th grader so I have no idea how last years scrimmage went. I did watch a couple of last years games however and in those games, Williamsburg started 4 eighth graders (all on the line) and one sixth grader along with 6 seventh graders. All of our skill position players were in their 1st or 2nd year in middle school (3-4 also played as 6th graders). What was a very young team last year is now a very experienced team except for the linemen. It took a while for the line to come together, but now that they have they will be a tough out for anyone.

To the Cumberland fan that said we were just lucky. I have to problem with you thinking your team is better. I do not know anything abour Cumberland or how they will match up with Williamsburg. If they are the better team then we will congratulate you and try again next year. I do not think we are just lucky though. I don't know how a team can luck into a 12-1 record with wins against 2 D1 schools and 2 D2 teams as well as a close loss to a very good Corbin team. Even their fans said we were the best team they had played all year. In fact the only facet of the game they outplayed us on was special teams.

To the Southern Pulaski fans, this was also our 1st game of the year and as stated above, our line was almost completely new. I have nothing but respect for your team. In fact it was the goal line stand at the end of that game that gave our team the confidence they needed to have the great season they have had. I wish you luck in the playoffs. It will be great to say that we were the only team to beat the D1 state champs.

Very well said!!!!:Clap::rockon:
Redskinfan Wrote:I disagree, Williamsburg ain't that good, just lucky. I think they won't make it past Cumberland. Go Redskins!!!!

It is very hard to LUCK into a 12-1 record.
Jacket4Life Wrote:It is very hard to LUCK into a 12-1 record.

I guess we will see then.... It's gonna take luck if the path goes through Cumberland!
Redskinfan Wrote:I guess we will see then.... It's gonna take luck if the path goes through Cumberland!

I believe the path goes thru Williamsburg. You travel...if you win today?:dontthink
Redskinfan Wrote:I guess we will see then.... It's gonna take luck if the path goes through Cumberland!

I hope Cumberland is as good as you think because I know Williamsburg is the real deal and will be ready. Thanks for giving the coaches something to use for motivation.
Anyone know anything about the 7th grade playoffs today. All I know is that North Laurel Middle School beat Lexington Catholic 46-6. Would like to find out who else move to 2nd round.
Williamsburg is the real deal. It would be a MAJOR upset if Cumberland were to win.
PhatBoy Wrote:Williamsburg is the real deal. It would be a MAJOR upset if Cumberland were to win.

Your from Cumberland??? Why in the world are you doubting your own team??? I think Cumberland is MUCH MORE talented than Williamsburg. They have great athletes at every position. Williamsburg will be lucky to come out alive next game.
Redskinfan Wrote:Your from Cumberland??? Why in the world are you doubting your own team??? I think Cumberland is MUCH MORE talented than Williamsburg. They have great athletes at every position. Williamsburg will be lucky to come out alive next game.
Hey, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but what exactly is your contention that we are so lucky based on? Have you even seen us play? Who have you played this year? Do we have any common opponents? If this game is any indication, I'm not too worried. We have two common opponents with Meece. We beat Southern Pulaski and played Corbin close. Those teams blew Meece away by combined score of 108-6.
Newjacket Wrote:I don't want to get involved in the disputes of others, but I would like to add a few points. My son is a 7th grader so I have no idea how last years scrimmage went. I did watch a couple of last years games however and in those games, Williamsburg started 4 eighth graders (all on the line) and one sixth grader along with 6 seventh graders. All of our skill position players were in their 1st or 2nd year in middle school (3-4 also played as 6th graders). What was a very young team last year is now a very experienced team except for the linemen. It took a while for the line to come together, but now that they have they will be a tough out for anyone.

I guess that the Corbin fans forgot about the team that came in and beat them this year.. If that was my only lose then I would say that the team that beat me on my field was the best team I had played all year. Good luck to you and your team in the play offs this year. just wanted to set the record stright.
D2 8th Grade!
How do you know what division a team is in?
Thumbs Knox seems to be the team to beat right now hate to be the next team to have to play them. Good luck to that bunch :Thumbs:
I think LCC could have done well at this level they have a very talented team.
We may not win state...but don't knock Simons....Just because you don't know who we are doesn't mean we can't compete...We are 11-1 now after beating Verity 14-0 today and we play with a lot of heart...You don't have to have superstars to win games...you just need players playing as a unit with one common goal....to Win!!
Adams middle school still in this and their preaty good too.....!!!!
I tell you saw Barren 7th play the other night , taking pics for state. Had to look at my ticket to see if I was at an NFL game. They were pretty powerful and fast. Look at their records, only let 1 team score on them during their season...and that was only 6 points.
Meade County 8th grade has a very legitimate shot to win their State. They are one of the better coached teams in central part of the state.
D1- Anderson Co!!
Lex Cath is not D1
Meade co. has a great chance of taking it all !!!!!!
MUSTANG PRIDE Wrote:delton fms are you a Farnsley fan,maybe we will get to play each other at Anderson.
got ur wish:Thumbs:
Division 3- Williamsburg!! Both our passing and run game are top-notch. We are 13-1, which was a close loss to Corbin, a different division school. Go Jackets!
Well, it looks like CUMBERLAND was the one lucky to come out alive!! We don't have luck, we have skill. It was evident today. Let the record show: Final Score- Williamsburg 38, Cumberland 14! GO JACKETS!!