Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite High School Gym
What is your favorite high school gym?
Mason County's Fieldhouse
Raceland's new gym
Collins' is nice. I hope to see a couple of games there
It has been several years since I have been there so IDK if that is the case now, Greenup has a nice gym as well.
Mason County Field House

Knott County Central
I like Perry's quite a bit.
A lot of seats and a lot of parking.

I don't know why....but I like memorial gym in Hazard too lol
Doesn't seat a whole lot, parking is next to nothing, but it's an interesting atmosphere to say the least.
as far as new gyms harlan county is a real nice one but if you want to go old school i like obi{oneida baptist institute}lots of wood,arched ceiling,one side seating and alumni band{old and young maybe some teachers too}playing oldies hits.kinda like a mini college with kids dorming on campus.
Martha Layne Collins has a nice new gym that holds 3500. Henry County is also a great atmosphere for the 8th Region tournament.
blue1424 Wrote:Martha Layne Collins has a nice new gym that holds 3500. Henry County is also a great atmosphere for the 8th Region tournament.

I didn't think Collins' gym looked that big. Maybe it was because the upper deck bleachers were pushed in.
to play on...i always liked playing at Powell Co, JBS, Wolfe, and Jackson city( but i played a lot at Jackson) best for fans i've been to Knott, Hazard, Breathitt, and PCC.
zaga_fan;1058725[B Wrote:]I like Perry's quite a bit.[/B]
A lot of seats and a lot of parking.

I don't know why....but I like memorial gym in Hazard too lol
Doesn't seat a whole lot, parking is next to nothing, but it's an interesting atmosphere to say the least.

I'd never thought you'd say Perry.Big Grin
scott county has a pretty cool gym/arena, i also like mason county fieldhouse and holmes evans fieldhouse
Owensboro has a new Gym. Pulaski County's is nice, and for an old style gym Casey County.
I'm gonna be a homer and of course say I love John C. Combs arena in Hazard the best. Knott Central and Mason county also have very nice gyms.
Of course I'm going to say Perry's. A lot of good times there.
But I also like, Valley's, Hazards, SC, Lex Cath.
I've never been to the fieldhouse.
Jarons Wrote:I didn't think Collins' gym looked that big. Maybe it was because the upper deck bleachers were pushed in.

It does look smaller with the bleachers pushed in, but there are bleachers on all 4 sides of the gym. The sign says it holds about 3500.
I like Paintsville's the Student section is right on top of the court. And when we play the bunch from across the creek it becomes a hostile environment to say the least.
As bad as I despise my cross-town rival, I am going to have to say my favorite gym is Pulaski County's. Their gym will easily hold 8-9000 people. Its capacity is rated for 7000 but there is plenty of standing room.
MVP2 Wrote:I'd never thought you'd say Perry.Big Grin

C'mon MVP...
if they asked about the best football fields I would say PCC lol
PCC's gym by far.. Feels like there are springs in the floor.. One of the very few gyms that I can dunk in.
Mercer County has a nice gym as well.
I like most Gyms in the 14th. We are lucky to have some very nice ones.
Least favorite would be Cordia's... They need to refurb that thing or somethin'..
For the students at Cordia and size of their school, I like what Cordia has. The court was redone a couple of years back with a couple of new scoreboards.I know the building is old and not the best parking in the world but for Cordia, I think they have a nice setup. On a side note Cordia has a top 5 baseball field in the 14th, they have upgraded a couple of things to add to it. They have a nice setup for baseball in Lotts Creek.
^ The floor is terrible.. Also might want to invest in some new goals.. don't know what it is but I can't hit a shot there now'adays.
Ballers Wrote:Least favorite would be Cordia's... They need to refurb that thing or somethin'..

I like the mural of Mufasa from the Lion King:Thumbs:
[Image: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.lemondrop.com...disney.jpg]
This is my ranking for the 14th.

1.Perry Central
2.Knott Central
3.Letcher Central
4.Breathitt Co
5.Hazard/Powell.

If the Nixon Center was a little bit bigger, It would have deff made my top 5.
I would put Hazard on that list. The parking sucks but I love old gym's like that. It makes for a great atmosphere.
zaga_fan Wrote:I like the mural of Mufasa from the Lion King:Thumbs:
[Image: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.lemondrop.com...disney.jpg]

It's not Mufasa, it's just a painting of a lion.
The painting was actually done in the 1980's, long before Lion King ever came out.
Ballers Wrote:It's not Mufasa, it's just a painting of a lion.
The painting was actually done in the 1980's, long before Lion King ever came out.

Welp if that's the case....Mufasa was drawn by the guy who painted Cordia's lion or by a Cordia fan.
I still say it's Mufasa....someone please get a picture of it and post on here.
zaga_fan Wrote:Welp if that's the case....Mufasa was drawn by the guy who painted Cordia's lion or by a Cordia fan.
I still say it's Mufasa....someone please get a picture of it and post on here.

i think your right zaga i remember it as mufasa