Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 28 Rockcastle County 8
papagrit Wrote:Tight as money is right now in the district...they might get someone out there with a chalk board, a stopwatch and an air horn (no cap pistols on school property please, "you'll put your eye out kid":biggrinSmile. Yeah, the scoreboard has been sick for a couple of years now.

Could you imagine if they did it like the old baseball scoreboards with the people sitting behind it with the placards that they hold up! Imagine how many trees would have to die to post the Bell County vs. Madison Southern score! :eek: It would look like the K's that fans post during a Randy Johnson game :lmao:
LWC Wrote:Could you imagine if they did it like the old baseball scoreboards with the people sitting behind it with the placards that they hold up! Imagine how many trees would have to die to post the Bell County vs. Madison Southern score! :eek: It would look like the K's that fans post during a Randy Johnson game :lmao:

That IS funny...lol!:biggrin:
Stumpjumper Wrote:I'm afraid KC will just have to live with what they've got. There just isn't enough room over there for bleachers and no modifications are allowed to the hillside on the 25E side because of enviromental issues. Something about the creek and minnows. One of the guys that mow said they're not even allowed to cut the weeds off of it because of some EPA regulation. Might possibly put some on pylons or something that doesn't disturb the terrain but I'm not sure plus it would seem to be an expensive project. Room should have been left when the place was designed. Perhaps something portable that could be rolled onto the track and then removed during track season?
Reminds me of the Redheaded Woodpecker at Ft. Benning GA. The EPA said they were endangered so we would stop training anytime one was sited. Security of the country took a backseat to Woody woodpecker many times...

I'm all for protecting the environment (bottled water still amazes me with all that plastic that takes thousands of years to decompose) but sometimes it gets rediculous. Having such a nice stadium without bleachers for the opposing team is nuts. Roll-ons would be a decent substitute but its a shame the planning was not done for them originally.
Football1 Wrote:You all need a new scoreboard just like we need Visitor bleachers... LOL.

I agree.I'll bring that up in the next board meet.
Does Rock do fireworks for every game? Take some of that money and put it towards a new scoreboard.

If Pepsi wouldnt im sure Coke would. Middlesboro, Bell Co, and Pineville all three got new ones with Coke as the sponsor!