Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another view of the Tea Party movement
I am really getting tired of reading all of the left wing smears against the Tea Party movement, so I thought that I would share some different points of view with you about the movement. I have never had the pleasure of attending any of the events but I used to listen to a radio talk show from time to time that was hosted by Kim Wade on a local Jackson, Mississippi radio station. Mr. Wade is the leader of the Tea Party movement in central Mississippi.

Another one of my favorite talk show hosts is libertarian, Neal Boortz. When Neal takes a day off, however, he turns to a local Atlanta talk show host, Herman Cain to stand in for him.

What Herman Cain and Kim Wade have in common is that both are conservative American blacks who are very active in the Tea Party movement. Before becoming a newspaper columnist and successful radio talk show host, Herman was very successful in the business world. If you want to know more about Herman's background, [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain"]here is his biography on
Wikipedia.[/URL]

Herman Cain recently wrote about his own experience attending many Tea Party rallies in his column, and I thought some of you might be interested in reading a different perspective than you hear from left wing media types and Democratic operatives.

The Hermanator:

[INDENT]
Quote:It’s weird that these racist right-wing tea party wackos seem to like me so much

I am an American Black Conservative (ABC).

Since April 15, 2009 I have spoken at over 30 citizens’ movement events, which have included Tea Party rallies, prosperity conferences and other conservative gatherings. At those events I have yet to find the racists and extremists that the liberals continue to say exist. In fact, I and my message of “Take Back Our Government” have been enthusiastically received.

Not to be boastful, but to illustrate my point, last Saturday at the Virginia Tea Party convention of over 2,300 attendees, I received no less than five standing ovations during my 20-minute keynote address. Following my speech over 100 people waited patiently in line for an hour and a half to get my autograph and their picture taken with this ABC.

Many of those who waited shared their stories of being at a Tea Party event for the first time. Others talked about how they were inspired to keep working hard supporting the right candidates, and to believe that we can take our government back from the liberals.

I was particularly moved when one lady told me that she was so fearful about the future of this country for our children and grandchildren that she quit her job to be more active in the movement. She said her husband made enough money to take care of the family, so she could do more to help take care of the future.

Maybe the racists, Astroturf, un-American, teabagging and shameless extremists stayed home that day, or they simply do not exist in the citizens’ movement. more
[/INDENT]
There's nothing at all new or different here.
DevilsWin Wrote:There's nothing at all new or different here.
You are absolutely correct. The Tea Party was never just a bunch of racist white folks with kooky ideas, which is the way that both the Democratic Party and the national media have tried to portray them. The movement has featured some prominent members of minorities from the outset.

Vice President Joe Biden might even describe some of the Tea Partiers as "mainstream African-American who are articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guys" under different circumstances.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You are absolutely correct. The Tea Party was never just a bunch of racist white folks with kooky ideas, which is the way that both the Democratic Party and the national media have tried to portray them. The movement has featured some prominent members of minorities from the outset.

Vice President Joe Biden might even describe some of the Tea Partiers as "mainstream African-American who are articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guys" under different circumstances.

I think they're just letting their anger get the best of them all and that leads to bad decision making.
DevilsWin Wrote:I think they're just letting their anger get the best of them all and that leads to bad decision making.
The anger that is going to deliver the House and maybe the Senate to Republicans is the anger among independents who voted for Obama in 2008.

Conservatives and Republicans are not surprised at the left wing legislation, the politicized Justice Department, or even by the Obama administration's suit against the state of Arizona. But independents did not believe Obama's rhetoric during the primaries. Those voters actually thought that Obama would try to govern from the political center. They are angry that they were wrong. Fool me once...
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The anger that is going to deliver the House and maybe the Senate to Republicans is the anger among independents who voted for Obama in 2008.

Conservatives and Republicans are not surprised at the left wing legislation, the politicized Justice Department, or even by the Obama administration's suit against the state of Arizona. But independents did not believe Obama's rhetoric during the primaries. Those voters actually thought that Obama would try to govern from the political center. They are angry that they were wrong. Fool me once...

Obamas policies are not leftist. You can say it a million times but it still doesn't make it correct or patriotic!

VOTE FOR A VETERAN on election day!
DevilsWin Wrote:Obamas policies are not leftist. You can say it a million times but it still doesn't make it correct or patriotic!

VOTE FOR A VETERAN on election day!
Not many Americans believe that Obama's policies are not leftist. Even fewer Americans believe that it is unpatriotic to criticize those policies.

Did you not vote for a veteran in the 2008 election? Why should that be a factor in this election, when the veteran is not even running as a candidate to serve as our Commander-in-Chief? The flag waving in this campaign smacks of political opportunism to me.

No matter. Obama's lame duck period will commence on November 3, unless he moves to the center as Bill Clinton did and Conway has little chance of winning in Kentucky.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Not many Americans believe that Obama's policies are not leftist. Even fewer Americans believe that it is unpatriotic to criticize those policies.

Did you not vote for a veteran in the 2008 election? Why should that be a factor in this election, when the veteran is not even running as a candidate to serve as our Commander-in-Chief? The flag waving in this campaign smacks of political opportunism to me.

No matter. Obama's lame duck period will commence on November 3, unless he moves to the center as Bill Clinton did and Conway has little chance of winning in Kentucky.

I always put Veterans and active duty service men and women first when voting.

Most Americans base their opinions on what some talking head on radio or Tv has told them or what they heard on a political ad or read in a email forward. There are a million sources of bad information and the sad part is, most people believe everything they read.

For instance, did you know that Geoff Davis raped his grandmother then later sponsored a bill in the house that protected him from prosecution?

Republican's have been using the "Lie about it now and back away from it later if its a problem" strategy for decades.
DevilsWin Wrote:I always put Veterans and active duty service men and women first when voting.

Most Americans base their opinions on what some talking head on radio or Tv has told them or what they heard on a political ad or read in a email forward. There are a million sources of bad information and the sad part is, most people believe everything they read.

For instance, did you know that Geoff Davis raped his grandmother then later sponsored a bill in the house that protected him from prosecution?

Republican's have been using the "Lie about it now and back away from it later if its a problem" strategy for decades.
Sorry, DW. I assumed that you voted for Barack Obama instead of US Navy veteran John McCain in 2008. I am glad to learn that you did not cast a vote for somebody as unqualified to be Commander-in-Chief as Obama. I must have you confused with some other poster.
DevilsWin Wrote:I always put Veterans and active duty service men and women first when voting.

what?
So this is how you support veterans? By typing out and out lies?

Geoff Davis attended the United States Military Academy. He served in the Middle East during the 1980s with the U.S. Army Rangers.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Sorry, DW. I assumed that you voted for Barack Obama instead of US Navy veteran John McCain in 2008. I am glad to learn that you did not cast a vote for somebody as unqualified to be Commander-in-Chief as Obama. I must have you confused with some other poster.

Hoot, you come up with the best brother. Great post :Clap:
Stardust Wrote:Hoot, you come up with the best brother. Great post :Clap:
Thanks, Dusty. But the liberals on the forum who are still defending Barack Obama deserve the real credit. When I need a set up line from a "straight man," they deliver. :thanks:
nky Wrote:what?

Geoff Davis attended the United States Military Academy. He served in the Middle East during the 1980s with the U.S. Army Rangers.
This from a guy who painted George W Bush as a hero and John Kerry as a dovish pansy.

Take a long look in the mirror Kettle.
I guess you guys support the grandmaw raping bill.
nky Wrote:what?

So let me tell you a story about Geoff Davis.

While riding in a parade in which Geoff Davis was walking along shaking hands. Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient Earnie West says to the driver of his car, " if that SOB sticks his arm in here roll the GD window up!"
It sounds like DevilsWin always put Veterans and active duty service men and women first when voting except when they oppose Democratic candidates.
DevilsWin Wrote:This from a guy who painted George W Bush as a hero and John Kerry as a dovish pansy.

Take a long look in the mirror Kettle.
:dontthink
nice diversionary try. What does this have to do what you stated about Geoff Davis?
DevilsWin Wrote:I guess you guys support the grandmaw raping bill.
oh do tell. What's the H.R. #, or any specifics? It wasn't HR 3962?
DevilsWin Wrote:So let me tell you a story about Geoff Davis.

While riding in a parade in which Geoff Davis was walking along shaking hands. Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient Earnie West says to the driver of his car, " if that SOB sticks his arm in here roll the GD window up!"
:lame:
What's the story? That someone doesn't want to shake another man's hand?:omg: