Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 31 #10 South Carolina 28
Navajo4life Wrote:I have sit back and not said one word until now, Vundy, you're an idiot if you don't think that Hartline is not one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC.... he has been on fire all season long, look at and honestly look at his TD ratio to his INT ratio..... Look at the comparison from last year to this year, there is no comparison, Hartline was and is the best prospect for this QB job at UK..... he is a proven leader and proven that he can get the job done and I believe that if the Defense would have done their part at Ole Miss, Hartline would have led us to victory at Ole Miss....

lol, I'm an idiot? :dontthink

I would put him at 6th in the SEC behind Newton, Mallett, McElroy, Brantley and Masoli. That is in skill. His stats are probably second or third behind Newton or Mallett. I hope and pray he keeps it up, because like another poster said, I don't care what happens as long as we win. If we can be successful with those 5 yard passes then that's great. But my opinion comes from all the 3 and outs that we have had to deal with, and that's not been here for alot of this season, thank god. I think it's because our WR corps has improved, but it's also because Hartline's improved alot.

I watched the replay on ESPNU last night just because I wanted to watch Hartline. He's improved alot on his decision making and not just dumping it off to the slot of RB on every play. He's looking downfield 10x more than he's ever had, and he's making some great throws. He does throw a pretty ball, that's for sure. One big thing I notices were the deep in and out routes that we are having success with. I think he's best at those throws, and the WR's are great at making moves and just putting their heads down and getting that extra yardage.

I'll give him credit like I did in another post, he's improved tremendously. But, I wouldn't put him in the category of top 3 QB's in the conference. Alot of my dislike for him comes from the past years of him making 3 and 5 yard passes and us not going anywhere, and from being around him, I just don't like the guy. But, as a player, he's proving me wrong, and I don't have a single problem with that. I hope he proves me 100% wrong and keeps this up, we'll all be happy.

We shall see come Saturday. I can't wait.

On another note, what do you all think about Cobb's Twitter comments after the game? I think he is 100% right, and he has earned the right to say what he said. The fans that cuss and boo the team when we're doing bad and then go crazy when we comeback and win make me sick. If you're a UK fan, it's your **** duty to stick with the team through thick and think. What do you all think?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Such a season defining win for the Wildcats. I am so proud of the way that these guys played. I am so happy to see this for Hartline. So many people have doubted his ability to lead this team (Myself included) after so many mistakes over the years but this one game is about as career defining as you can get. I loved the guts, intuition, and passion that Hartline, King, Cobb, and Mattews shown in our offense. I CAN NOT WAIT to see how this team responds to the big attention.

Don't forget about the defense stepping up! Especially Wyndham and Danny Trevathan. Danny is a beast, I can't wait to see him in the NFL.
vundy33 Wrote:lol, I'm an idiot? :dontthink

I would put him at 6th in the SEC behind Newton, Mallett, McElroy, Brantley and Masoli. That is in skill. His stats are probably second or third behind Newton or Mallett. I hope and pray he keeps it up, because like another poster said, I don't care what happens as long as we win. If we can be successful with those 5 yard passes then that's great. But my opinion comes from all the 3 and outs that we have had to deal with, and that's not been here for alot of this season, thank god. I think it's because our WR corps has improved, but it's also because Hartline's improved alot.

I watched the replay on ESPNU last night just because I wanted to watch Hartline. He's improved alot on his decision making and not just dumping it off to the slot of RB on every play. He's looking downfield 10x more than he's ever had, and he's making some great throws. He does throw a pretty ball, that's for sure. One big thing I notices were the deep in and out routes that we are having success with. I think he's best at those throws, and the WR's are great at making moves and just putting their heads down and getting that extra yardage.

I'll give him credit like I did in another post, he's improved tremendously. But, I wouldn't put him in the category of top 3 QB's in the conference. Alot of my dislike for him comes from the past years of him making 3 and 5 yard passes and us not going anywhere, and from being around him, I just don't like the guy. But, as a player, he's proving me wrong, and I don't have a single problem with that. I hope he proves me 100% wrong and keeps this up, we'll all be happy.

We shall see come Saturday. I can't wait.

On another note, what do you all think about Cobb's Twitter comments after the game? I think he is 100% right, and he has earned the right to say what he said. The fans that cuss and boo the team when we're doing bad and then go crazy when we comeback and win make me sick. If you're a UK fan, it's your **** duty to stick with the team through thick and think. What do you all think?

McElroy & Brantley?

Both of those teams are loaded with NFL players on both sides of the ball, besides these two. Neither of these QBs will play in the NFL and neither will Hartline, but he's putting up better numbers with less talent to throw to and to protect him.

Masoli is another argument, as he's a good player with talent around him (i.e. at Oregon).

IMO, I'll take Hartline over these two any day!
I'm still smiling over us beating Spurrier Smile.
MVP2 Wrote:I'm still smiling over us beating Spurrier Smile.

Hahahahaha me too man!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:McElroy & Brantley?

Both of those teams are loaded with NFL players on both sides of the ball, besides these two. Neither of these QBs will play in the NFL and neither will Hartline, but he's putting up better numbers with less talent to throw to and to protect him.

Masoli is another argument, as he's a good player with talent around him (i.e. at Oregon).

IMO, I'll take Hartline over these two any day!

Notice I said "skill".

lol, you don't think McElroy will play in the NFL? I definitely think he will. Brantley, not so much. I think he would have if he would've played decently this year, but he's screwed that up. McElroy is a really good quarterback. He's won alot of games for Bama, it's not just been Ingram and Richardson winning every game.

And I think we have a better WR corps from top to bottom than Bama, better than most of the SEC.