Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate the 15th
Almost everyone knows Lawrence County is the favorite. But, who do ya think may give them a run for their money. List teams and players to watch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Id have to say that

1.) Lawrence
2.) JC
3.)
4.)
5.)
Just plug Paintsville, Magoffin, and Sheldon Clark in however you want. Any of these three teams are capable of beating one another at any time. With the exception of JC and Lawrence the other 3 in the 57th will be very very competitive.
1) LC
2)JC
3)Mc
4)SC
5)Pville

thats more 57th district but i see these teams playin good ball in the region this year
I, too, believe LC should be the favorites, but for no one to mention Pikeville yet is crazy.

1. Lawrence (Great Program and consistent. If Shep is back to 100% will be tough to beat)
2. Pikeville (Still needs to find a couple quality outfielders and one more arm, probably Burke.)

3. Johnson Central (Another good program. Parker and Meek are back)
4. Paintsville (Capable of beating anyone with Jackson on the Hill, Still a little young)

5. Belfry (Williams, Francis, and others are back. Loss of a good catcher)
6. Sheldon Clark (Always competitive)

7. Prestonsburg
8. East Ridge
9. Allen Central
10. Pike Central

11. Phelps
12. Betsy Layne
13. Shelby Valley
14. South Floyd
Panther Thunder Wrote:I, too, believe LC should be the favorites, but for no one to mention Pikeville yet is crazy.

1. Lawrence (Great Program and consistent. If Shep is back to 100% will be tough to beat)
2. Pikeville (Still needs to find a couple quality outfielders and one more arm, probably Burke.)

4. Paintsville (Capable of beating anyone with Jackson on the Hill, Still a little young)

7. Prestonsburg
8. East Ridge
9. Allen Central
10. Pike Central

11. Phelps
12. Betsy Layne
13. Shelby Valley
14. South Floyd

BL will be in front of Allen Central and P-burg....AC lost everybody from last year...and BL came close to winning the district last year...BL only lost 2 seniors from last year and they have lots of young talent..
::Famous:: Wrote:BL will be in front of Allen Central and P-burg....AC lost everybody from last year...and BL came close to winning the district last year...BL only lost 2 seniors from last year and they have lots of young talent..
Fair enough. I will concede not knowing a lot about those teams.
How can Pikeville not be the favorites? They did win the region. To be the man you gotta beat the man. Pikeville is the favorites until someone knocks them off.
Lawrence vs. pikeville in region championship. should be a good game. lc comes out on top though
Panther Thunder Wrote:I, too, believe LC should be the favorites, but for no one to mention Pikeville yet is crazy.

7. Prestonsburg
8. East Ridge
9. Allen Central
10. Pike Central

11. Phelps
12. Betsy Layne
13. Shelby Valley
14. South Floyd
You have to Magoffin in there somewhere. They have some good talent on the team and returning almost all their players...I know they wont be last in the region....
baseballfan Wrote:You have to Magoffin in there somewhere. They have some good talent on the team and returning almost all their players...I know they wont be last in the region....
I honestly forgot about them. I was waiting for someone to say something haha. I would put them in with Pburg group towards the top. #7 or 8.
Big Maroon Wrote:How can Pikeville not be the favorites? They did win the region. To be the man you gotta beat the man. Pikeville is the favorites until someone knocks them off.

No comparison this year, :dontthink

Welcome back Shepherd...
Big Maroon Wrote:How can Pikeville not be the favorites? They did win the region. To be the man you gotta beat the man. Pikeville is the favorites until someone knocks them off.

sorry bud it dont work like that.
everyone knows the region is Lawrence County's except the people in pikeville.

LC is forever the "man" or "top dog"

what happened last year was a fluke, yes pikeville won but was they truly the better team? no dont be so narrow minded, LC slipped up yes that happens all the time in sports and everyone still knows who the superior team is and thats LC.
play last years game 100 times and LC wins 99.
2008 15th region champions
2009 15th region champions
2010 15th region champions pikville
&
2011 15th region champions:1:LC

see the pattern, look at the school history and how many times has pikeville managed to beat LC?

how many championships has pikeville won compared to LC?

LC is Dominant my friend. We will defineltely send you a post card from applebees
pikeville has won the region 1 year and all of the sudden they are the best team? elite? superior? i think not
With Shep back,you add a much improved Moore along with Laney and Cline and you have a nice foursome. You throw Banks in as a utility pitcher and you have to feel pretty good. Before the season is over you will see the name Salyers floating around like an even younger Hamilton is mentioned. Only time will tell but I assure you that you will not be disappointed in the "DAWG POUND".
P-Burg will be a lot better than people think. They already have some very good players but will add one of the best freshmen in the southeast.
fluke or not....what i am saying is until LC beats pikeville for the region.... Pikeville is the Man...if LC wouldve won it last year they wouldve been until proven otherwise...So as of now I see Pikeville being on top...until proven otherwise.
Big Maroon Wrote:fluke or not....what i am saying is until LC beats pikeville for the region.... Pikeville is the Man...if LC wouldve won it last year they wouldve been until proven otherwise...So as of now I see Pikeville being on top...until proven otherwise.

youll see the "otherwise"......
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:With Shep back,you add a much improved Moore along with Laney and Cline and you have a nice foursome. You throw Banks in as a utility pitcher and you have to feel pretty good. Before the season is over you will see the name Salyers floating around like an even younger Hamilton is mentioned. Only time will tell but I assure you that you will not be disappointed in the "DAWG POUND".

whos laney?

MOORE, CLINE, SHEP, AND BURTON is the 4 starters (no order)

With Banks as the utility pitcher, he is needed at shortstop more than on the mound.
BLOW OUT if shep is on the mound
thewiz Wrote:sorry bud it dont work like that.
everyone knows the region is Lawrence County's except the people in pikeville.

LC is forever the "man" or "top dog"

what happened last year was a fluke, yes pikeville won but was they truly the better team? no dont be so narrow minded, LC slipped up yes that happens all the time in sports and everyone still knows who the superior team is and thats LC.
play last years game 100 times and LC wins 99.
2008 15th region champions
2009 15th region champions
2010 15th region champions pikville
&
2011 15th region champions:1:LC

see the pattern, look at the school history and how many times has pikeville managed to beat LC?

how many championships has pikeville won compared to LC?

LC is Dominant my friend. We will defineltely send you a post card from applebees
What in the world about the 2 games Pikeville and LC played last year gives you the idea that LC would win 99 out of 100 times. That is such a stupid statement. They beat Pikeville by 2 runs at Pikeville, when Pikeville threw off in order to have its best available for LCA. In the two games, the combined score was 18-13 Pikeville. So, in 14 innings of baseball, Pikeville was the better team. How much more did they need to do to prove they were a pretty good baseball team? It isn't like they were 13-13 coming into the post-season. They took LCA to extras, Beat LC, Beat Paintsville 2 of 3, beat Greenup 10-0 (Who also beat Lawrence County the 2nd time they played, let me guess, a fluke?).

And I'm not sure how many Lawrence has won, but Pikeville now has 8.

thewiz Wrote:pikeville has won the region 1 year and all of the sudden they are the best team? elite? superior? i think not
Since 1990, Pikeville has won the region 40% percent of the time. Fairly Elite. (Blah, blah, blah since LC has been in the region, blah, blah... Pikeville has fielded its worst teams in 20 years in 3 of those years.)
SweetLemonade Wrote:youll see the "otherwise"......
LC should be favored. But try to have some class.
thewiz Wrote:whos laney?

MOORE, CLINE, SHEP, AND BURTON is the 4 starters (no order)

With Banks as the utility pitcher, he is needed at shortstop more than on the mound.
Thanks for the correction.It is indeed Burton. I had a moment during the post. Burton threw some really good innings this fall.What you say about Tate is indeed true but there are situations he will or could be used effectively.
Panther Thunder Wrote:What in the world about the 2 games Pikeville and LC played last year gives you the idea that LC would win 99 out of 100 times. That is such a stupid statement. They beat Pikeville by 2 runs at Pikeville, when Pikeville threw off in order to have its best available for LCA. In the two games, the combined score was 18-13 Pikeville. So, in 14 innings of baseball, Pikeville was the better team. How much more did they need to do to prove they were a pretty good baseball team? It isn't like they were 13-13 coming into the post-season. They took LCA to extras, Beat LC, Beat Paintsville 2 of 3, beat Greenup 10-0 (Who also beat Lawrence County the 2nd time they played, let me guess, a fluke?).

Since 1990, Pikeville has won the region 40% percent of the time. Fairly Elite. (Blah, blah, blah since LC has been in the region, blah, blah... Pikeville has fielded its worst teams in 20 years in 3 of those years.)

The thing that impresses me most about the Panthers was how in I believe it was 09 they started out with some really serious problems. Nobody in the program seemed to be on the same page. They effectively ironed things out and finished quite nicely. A program that can do that needs to be considered.
If LC overlooks Pville, the same thing could happen as last year. BTW, I believe that 2 Pike County teams played in the 15th Region Championship game last year on LC's field with no 57th District team being represented. That was no fluke! I agree LC will be a slight favorite, but Pville should not be overlooked. JC will have a good team, but Paintsville may not be as good as a normal Paintsville team. As a previous poster stated, Belfry has a lot of pitching and if the loss of Matt Blackburn behind the plate can be overcome, they will be in the hunt. Tyler Williams may get a shot at catching and if he learns to use his body to block the ball, Belfry will be fine. I just don't think Pville lost anything except for Patrick Keene. If I am wrong on that, please correct me. I would rate the top 4 in the 15th as LC, Pville, JC and Belfry. But as with most years, just about any team is capable of beating anyone else in the 15th depending on pitching matchups.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Thanks for the correction.It is indeed Burton. I had a moment during the post. Burton threw some really good innings this fall.What you say about Tate is indeed true but there are situations he will or could be used effectively.

LC has the best pitching staff in eastern kentucky and def. among the top if not the top in the state.

with Moore, Burton, Cline and Shep :redboxer::1:

Tate can eat up some innings if needed but he will be used primarily as a shortstop.

Musik proved he can pitch some and would be a nice addition to throw against weaker teams.
Panther Thunder Wrote:What in the world about the 2 games Pikeville and LC played last year gives you the idea that LC would win 99 out of 100 times. That is such a stupid statement. They beat Pikeville by 2 runs at Pikeville, when Pikeville threw off in order to have its best available for LCA. In the two games, the combined score was 18-13 Pikeville. So, in 14 innings of baseball, Pikeville was the better team. How much more did they need to do to prove they were a pretty good baseball team? It isn't like they were 13-13 coming into the post-season. They took LCA to extras, Beat LC, Beat Paintsville 2 of 3, beat Greenup 10-0 (Who also beat Lawrence County the 2nd time they played, let me guess, a fluke?).

LC played a schedule ranked among the top 10 in the state.
Also LC pitched off throwing Banks the entire game for LC and most of pikeviles runs came in the last 2 innings.

yes if the game last year was played over LC would win 99/100 times.

and LC beat belfry all 3 times played last year
LC is a good ball club, but i for one believe pikeville is the better team at the plate and LC is better on the mound. I heard shepard wasnt pitching this year cause his arm? i wouldnt risk being a UK outfielder for sure. I give PHS the upper edge this year. Im tired of this region being so stuck up Lawrences butt hole every year cause of one awesome pitcher
Yes. Shepherd will be throwin. ? Why wouldnt He.. ?
but anyways.. as ive said many times. Both teams are considered great highschool baseball teams. Yes i do believe lc has a slight edge but maybe not a blowout like people seem to believe. the dawgs cant look past pikeville like they did last year. if they keep there heads on right and stay healthy they should be the favorites and take this senior class back to applebees for the 3rd time
PIKEcountyFAN Wrote:LC is a good ball club, but i for one believe pikeville is the better team at the plate and LC is better on the mound. I heard shepard wasnt pitching this year cause his arm? i wouldnt risk being a UK outfielder for sure. I give PHS the upper edge this year. Im tired of this region being so stuck up Lawrences butt hole every year cause of one awesome pitcher

Chandler will be pitching this year, you've heard wrong.

No one is stuck up their butts, they are just the clear favorites...
They have the best edge on the mound, not just because of chandler but the other 3 starters are good as well, they also will be a better hitting team this year, better than Pikeville.
I agree with lemonade. The dawgs can swing it.
thewiz Wrote:LC has the best pitching staff in eastern kentucky and def. among the top if not the top in the state.

with Moore, Burton, Cline and Shep :redboxer::1:

Tate can eat up some innings if needed but he will be used primarily as a shortstop.

Musik proved he can pitch some and would be a nice addition to throw against weaker teams.
Forgive me but I am not familiar with Musik. Football player? As I have said you will see Salyer from time to time. I was especially impressed with his show this S/F against BC.