Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Players in the 57th
just trying to see the thoughts on the top players in the 57th this season?
Chandler Shepherd is the obvious choice, Burton is another good one from LC. Paintsville has a dandy lefty (can't recall his name), JC will have Will Meek as their stud.
yea i believe shepherd is the obvious choice but dont forget about pikeville high school? They have some really good talent and one kid in which tied chandler for most homeruns. I think his name was Gavin?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:yea i believe shepherd is the obvious choice but dont forget about pikeville high school? They have some really good talent and one kid in which tied chandler for most homeruns. I think his name was Gavin?
He is in the 59th district. Gavin Miller.
Panther Thunder Wrote:He is in the 59th district. Gavin Miller.

Sorry I was including the entire 15th region. I didnt even pay attention to what the thread said. If it is just the 57th then I think Chandler is your definite choice by far.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Sorry I was including the entire 15th region. I didnt even pay attention to what the thread said. If it is just the 57th then I think Chandler is your definite choice by far.
Shep will be back and I hope as good as ever. He got a lot of good expereience this summer with Cinn. Midland,who won the Connie Mack World Series.
how is his arm, i heard he hurt it again. If so i really hate to hear that. Kid could go far if his arm holds up
Tate Banks from lc should have an outstanding year at the plate as well as in the field.
Arm is great. shutting it down this winter and starting up strong for next season. good luck shep
also cody moore should turn some heads this year on the mound...
Im looking forward to see Cody Moore pitch this year,,,very solid player
9-POINT Wrote:Im looking forward to see Cody Moore pitch this year,,,very solid player
Cody seems to be getting his game going pretty well. I might add that he is getting good looks at the showcases and his off speed stuff seems real nice.
Shep, best player not only in 57th but the region, i would go as far to say eastern kentucky. def. among the top 10 players in the state.
if you cant agree with that you have issues.
aslong as he stays heathly its gonna be 14 all the way.
LC has a great pitching staff for the 2011 season
what it comes down to for LC is others steping up and playing there roll. With the nice pitching staff they have this year, they will be fun to watch. I hope they all stay healthy.
Sheperd is the best player in the 57th, the 15th, and the state.
SweetLemonade Wrote:Sheperd is the best player in the 57th, the 15th, and the state.

Nuff Said!:rockon:
well said guys.
Next to Chan it is hard to pick between Sam Burton and Cody Moore.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Next to Chan it is hard to pick between Sam Burton and Cody Moore.

"Next to Chan", pitching wise....I'll take Zach Jackson from Paintsville. Just ask the DAWGS, The last two times he has faced the DAWGS......9 IP, 19 Ks, 2 BBs, 4 Hs, 1 ER.

MAN, I would hate to "DRAW" the Tigers the first round of the 57th this season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:"Next to Chan", pitching wise....I'll take Zach Jackson from Paintsville. Just ask the DAWGS, The last two times he has faced the DAWGS......9 IP, 19 Ks, 2 BBs, 4 Hs, 1 ER.

MAN, I would hate to "DRAW" the Tigers the first round of the 57th this season.

You know Hook your are not the only one that feels that way. If you know what I mean?? Yep that is correct. Remember " Don't Feed The Trolls". We have been warned from the Southland. I will P.M. you to explain.
I agree 100 percent with you charlie. jackson is an outstanding pitcher. hit the weights and add some velo and hitters will struggle.... imo
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Cody seems to be getting his game going pretty well. I might add that he is getting good looks at the showcases and his off speed stuff seems real nice.

as i said about jackson. if moore dedicates hisself to the weight room and gets his mind on pitching its hard telling how good he can be. But alot of people can hit a 83-84 mph fastball. its about location, command , and composure. as with jackson. both are great players.

does jackson hit as well? maybe play a position?
Jackson is a great pitcher.

Has he spent time this year to improve his hitting this year?
Yes and he has been throwing quite regular. Saw him throw tonight and week before last. Kids working hard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Yes and he has been throwing quite regular. Saw him throw tonight and week before last. Kids working hard.
:Thumbs:
I was just stating my opinion guys, I wouldnt call it thrashing.
Kid is a really good solid pitcher, but yes struggles quite often at the plate which = weak bat, and misjudges balls in the outfield.
Ive seen him play a few times against LC and he played a game with LC this summer and missed 2 flyballs.
So in my observations the kid is just a pitcher which is fine, aslong as hes good at it which he is.
OffTheHook Wrote:Yes and he has been throwing quite regular. Saw him throw tonight and week before last. Kids working hard.

Thats good.
How hard does Jackson throw?
83-85 very good movement.
Jackson is a good kid, we have played together a lot over the years. Was he overrated when he threw the perfect game with LC over the summer? And he does struggle with the bat, but he played summer ball with us here at JC over the summer and hit a grand slam. You mentioned that he missed a couple of balls in the outfield, I guess he is the only one that has ever done that.
I don't pretend to know all the things that Jackson does on the baseball field. Most people agree that he can pitch. I can however tell you some things that he does not do. He does not cuss ,stomp , kick the dirt,throw the bat and destroy the dougout after a negative. He does not strut to the plate like a major leaguer with a 7 degit payday while throwing the bat following a K, like a fifty cent rookie batboy.These are few things that Jackson does not do.