5. Angie Lawrence - Rockcastle Co.
6. Kayla Bowlin - Wayne Co.
7. Kasey Young - Danville
8. Kelly Smith - Garrard Co.
9. Jessica Coffey - Somerset
10. Hannah Mountjoy - Danville
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Has Hammonds committed anywhere? I know Uconn was looking at her.
MVP2 Wrote:Has Hammonds committed anywhere? I know Uconn was looking at her.

Yea Louisville
MVP2 Wrote:Has Hammonds committed anywhere? I know Uconn was looking at her.

lol, where were you when that happened? It was all over the news
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2 and 3 are interchangable to me. I think the reason CP put Casey at #2 is because Randy Salyers believes that Pittman will be back in January. If that is the case and she can be healthy by the time District and Region Tournament comes along, I do believe that Casey County could be a threat.

To me the MAJOR X-factor for the 12th Region is: How good will the 8th graders from Southwestern be this season? I believe one of the them scored 300+ points last season! If they can be solid and consistent threats to compliment Danay, Southwestern could be dangerous. I hope the Southwestern, Rockcastle and Casey County fans understand just how special players like Fothergill, Hammond, Lawrence, Pittman and Coffman really are!

To think that:
Fothergill was the 3rd leading scorer in the state last season.
Pittman and Coffman, when healthy, helped lead Casey County to a final 4 very recently
Hammond and Lawrence have enjoyed a lot of success together! Last season's Final 4, I believe that Hammond has been on 4 Region championship teams, is that right?

This Senior class is special!
LWC Wrote:2 and 3 are interchangable to me. I think the reason CP put Casey at #2 is because Randy Salyers believes that Pittman will be back in January. If that is the case and she can be healthy by the time District and Region Tournament comes along, I do believe that Casey County could be a threat.

To me the MAJOR X-factor for the 12th Region is: How good will the 8th graders from Southwestern be this season? I believe one of the them scored 300+ points last season! If they can be solid and consistent threats to compliment Danay, Southwestern could be dangerous. I hope the Southwestern, Rockcastle and Casey County fans understand just how special players like Fothergill, Hammond, Lawrence, Pittman and Coffman really are!

To think that:
Fothergill was the 3rd leading scorer in the state last season.
Pittman and Coffman, when healthy, helped lead Casey County to a final 4 very recently
Hammond and Lawrence have enjoyed a lot of success together! Last season's Final 4, I believe that Hammond has been on 4 Region championship teams, is that right?

This Senior class is special!

No Pittman will not play this season. I think when they were making these ranking's they where unaware of her injury. SW should be 2nd.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:No Pittman will not play this season. I think when they were making these ranking's they where unaware of her injury. SW should be 2nd.

I do believe that you're correct! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good post LWC! I would put the 12th region seniors up against any other regions seniors. I'm anxious to see how many go on to college to play ball. Is it true then that Pittman will be out all season?
rockblue Wrote:Good post LWC! I would put the 12th region seniors up against any other regions seniors. I'm anxious to see how many go on to college to play ball. Is it true then that Pittman will be out all season?

Well Sarah Hammond has already committed to Louisville and Danay Fothergill has already committed to Western Kentucky! Does anyone know of any other 12th Region Seniors that are receiving offers or getting interest from colleges?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rockblue Wrote:Good post LWC! I would put the 12th region seniors up against any other regions seniors. I'm anxious to see how many go on to college to play ball. Is it true then that Pittman will be out all season?

Thanks.

Cats Pause and Coach Salyers says she will return in January, BUT RockSolid69 and I have heard that she will not play because she doesn't want to risk further injury, and you really can't blame her.
Where's Turtle? They would certainly know if Megan was going to play or not.
I agree with CP somewhat. There is no way Wayne County is not in the top ten. I think they should be third or fourth. Also, in the player rankings, Jessica Pierce and Adison Corder form SW could be there and Jessica Hardin from Wayne County should be on the list. I'm just not sure about some of the players CP have listed here.
Wayne County is definately top 5 for sure. I have been told Pittman will not play this year, UNLESS she is given the complete go ahead to play by the doctor who did the sugery.

Pierce from Southwestern is getting quite a few D2 looks as well as some looks from Arkansas-Little Rock, Indiana State. I know Asbury and some other in State NAIA schools are also interested.

Bowlin from Wayne is being recruited by Valprasio, Arkansas-Little Rock, James Madison, Arizona State, Long Beach State, Southwest Minnesota State, Nueman College and alot of other NAIA schools.

I think most of the remaining 12th region kids that have not already given a verbal will sign late. At least thats what I would do. Maybe someone else knows who else if recruiting other players in the 12th.
Are these rankings accurate after a few games have been played? Any good surprises or disappointments?
Good question.