Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best freshmen in the 15th??
I know there really aint no compotition considering Landon Slone from Painstville is hands down the best freshmen but. lets here what everyone thinks?
Actually, you can add Grimm, Van Hoose, and Bundy from Paintsville. The scary thing is they aren't playing like freshmen.
Yeah the big 4 from Paintsville.
P-burg has a very talented group, but lack size.
Jake Bryant-SV
I Think Prestonsburg has alot of freshman talent also.
Prestonsburg has a great freshman in Jordan Hall...I have no clue why that kid isnt on Varsity..He can out play some of the ones that start and get good minutes.....Crisp is an idiot
south floyd has a pretty good freshmen wesley akers his game will improve as the game goes on and will be hard 2 handle in about a year or 2
Jacob Bryant- Shelby Valley

Can shoot the three and is a good passer
"live baller" Wrote:south floyd has a pretty good freshmen wesley akers his game will improve as the game goes on and will be hard 2 handle in about a year or 2
Hes going to have to grow some...lol...I think that Lyle Johnson will be a good one too
Freshman Wes Akers will be a good point guard in a couple of years.
Hit 8 three-pointers the other night in a freshman game almost breaking the school record 9 last set by Tyler Hall, Tyler was a senior.
Tim & Ted Honaker from Pikeville
Paintsville has a good group of freshman, pikevilles Honakers are very good players getting time now. But look out in the future for Wes Akers at SF, Tyler Hamilton at BL, Jordan Hall, Bobby Hughes, JM Laferty, Nate Stephens and Taylor Clark are a talented group at Pburg. You are right baller, Crisp does not even give his freshman a chance to make varsity. They are bigger with Sophomore Trevor playing with this group.
Wes Akers- SF
Landon Slone- Paintsville
I think Jordan Hall from Prestonsburg is a good freshman.. He had 24 against Sheldon Clark in the Jv game. That is pretty good for a freshman.
i've watched jordan hall play before and he is a pretty good player but from what i seen he had to take a lot of shots to get his points. hammerhead do u kno wat percentage he shot in the game against sheldon clark?
"Basketballer" Wrote:Prestonsburg has a great freshman in Jordan Hall...I have no clue why that kid isnt on Varsity..He can out play some of the ones that start and get good minutes.....Crisp is an idiot

He's good but not that good.
Yes i do he went 5 from 5 from the three point line and 9 for 9 from the free throw line
"blackcat" Wrote:
"Basketballer" Wrote:Prestonsburg has a great freshman in Jordan Hall...I have no clue why that kid isnt on Varsity..He can out play some of the ones that start and get good minutes.....Crisp is an idiot

He's good but not that good.
Yes he is..Good enough to be on the bench
Ted Honaker from Pikeville Banane09.:
i think south floyd has a really good freshman team. they have alot talent.... mostly around the perimeter. i would say they have tho two best shooting freshmen in the 58th, in wes akers and justin isaac. they can flat out shoot the rock. they can both stroke it. in the 3 games they have played i dont recall justin isaac missing a free throw... shooting around 13 for 13... wes akers also had 8 3's the other night... i think they are a better team then pburg's freshmen team. its a toss up between them two.
Sounds like Sf and Pburg need to play. What about AC, haven't herd much about them, any good? They had a decent middle school team last year.
I havent heard anything about AC's freshman or jv either...
I agree hands down landon slone..but south floyd has 2 freshmen in progress wes akers in a sharp shooter that has improved alot since las year...justin isaac is anothor sharp shooter that averges a double double agame watch out for this kid n bout 2 years......but does ac even got a freshmen or not
I think the Isaac kid is good for SF but I dont think he averages a double double. Is the 8 3's all the points Akers had the other night? Who else helps these two score for the Raiders?
Taylor and Nichols from Pike Central have a lot of potential......Nichols needs to get more consistent, he'll put up 15 and 16 for 3 or 4 games and then he'll put up 6 or 7 for the next 3...but the Taylor kid scores about 17 every game....Nichols is a really unselfish player and sees the floor good but he dont take a lot of shots...def. needs to shoot more...But they have a new coach at central in Mark Thompson and he should make these tw0 kids improve tremendously
ok.....i really dont know why everyone thinks that sf could hang with pburg's fresh...they have played only once time this past season....and pburg destroyed them ....... 67-45....and this was at sf's gym

Pburgs leading scorer-Bobby Hughes 26

south floyds leading scorer- wes akers 17
Charlie Hunt from Phelps.... He is one to watch... could be the best phelps has seen since the Erivn Stepp
1) Landon Slone Paintsville ( Easy to see)
2) Charlie Hunt Phelps ( Not seen him play but have heard that he is good)
3) Shane Grimm Paintsville ( Best pure shooter in the region)
4) Jacob Bryant SV ( Good shooter and team player)
5) JD Vanhoose Paintsville ( Good shooter and can take it to the hoop strong versatile )
6) Tyler Hamilton BL ( Very versatile and attacks the goal hard)
7) Tim Honaker Pikeville ( Streaky shooter but very athletic)
8) Jared Crum SC ( Great control of the game and can shoot good)
9) Blake Bundy Paintsville ( Good point guard just had problems this year with his health)
10) Jordan Hall Pburg ( Good shooter just has a little bit of a temper)
"NothingButNet" Wrote:1) Landon Slone Paintsville ( Easy to see)
2) Charlie Hunt Phelps ( Not seen him play but have heard that he is good)
3) Shane Grimm Paintsville ( Best pure shooter in the region)
4) Jacob Bryant SV ( Good shooter and team player)
5) JD Vanhoose Paintsville ( Good shooter and can take it to the hoop strong versatile )
6) Tyler Hamilton BL ( Very versatile and attacks the goal hard)
7) Tim Honaker Pikeville ( Streaky shooter but very athletic)
8) Jared Crum SC ( Great control of the game and can shoot good)
9) Blake Bundy Paintsville ( Good point guard just had problems this year with his health)
10) Jordan Hall Pburg ( Good shooter just has a little bit of a temper)

Good list but I would move Bundy up some and bring Honaker down or even off this list. He is athletic but not a great basketball player.