Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 29 LCA 22
Final.
Congrats to Corbin, if it was anywhere other than corbin, LCA wouldve won this.
Pride and Football Wrote:Congrats to Corbin, if it was anywhere other than corbin, LCA wouldve won this.
Just curious - why do you say that?
Corbins a tough place to play at, a pretty good ride for LCA, just anywhere else I think LCA could win it.
congrats to Corbin
Football1 Wrote:Just curious - why do you say that?

Have you never been to an athletic event at Corbin?
Congrats Corbin
the dark wizard Wrote:Have you never been to an athletic event at Corbin?

LOL. Thank you.
Good win for the Redhounds.
Congrats Corbin
Congrats Corbin
I glad Corbin won, but I didn't think they would.
the dark wizard Wrote:Have you never been to an athletic event at Corbin?

Losers always have an excuse..................
Last-minute TD lifts Corbin over LCA 29-22
Receiver's first TD catch a game-winner

By Mike Fields - [email]mfields@herald-leader.com[/email]
CORBIN — It's World Series time, so it was fitting that Ty Cobb delivered in the clutch Friday night.
But it was in football, not baseball.
Corbin junior quarterback Ty Cobb lofted a 7-yard touchdown pass to Roman Mitchell with 46 seconds left to give the Redhounds a 29-22 victory over Lexington Christian Academy.

For Mitchell, who moved from QB to receiver during his senior year, it was the first TD catch of his career.
"The first was the best," Cobb said, patting his teammate on his shoulder pads.
Mitchell's artful reception — he twisted in the air to snag the ball — capped a dramatic drive by the Redhounds.
With the game tied at 22, LCA appeared headed for the go-ahead score, marching from its 33 to the Corbin 5. But after a penalty backed the visitors to the 10, Scout McCamy's pass to the flat was intercepted by Wes Tipton.
Corbin took over at the 11 with 5:51 left, and ground out 10 consecutive running plays. Matthew Taylor and Brad Foley took turns carrying the ball. Taylor had the big gainer — a 46-yarder.
At the LCA 7, however, Coach Steve Jewell decided to go to the air.
Mitchell, a relative novice at wideout, wasn't sure where to line up, but he figured it out, then made the game-winning catch.
"I told (Cobb) I was his go-to receiver now," Mitchell said with a laugh.
Corbin, No. 4 in Class 2A, according to Dave Cantrall's ratings, notched its fifth win in a row since losing to unbeaten Hazard. The Redhounds (8-2) will host Bath County in the first round of the playoffs next week.
"We feel like we've really come around and meshed together since the Hazard game," Jewell said. "The kids believe in themselves.
"This was a good test, an awesome test, definitely the kind of game that will help us."
LCA, defending Class A champ, had a rough night. It had six turnovers and 15 penalties (for 125 yards) but still pushed Corbin to the wire.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/10/30/15014...z13r4ZoG2O
LCA is a very good team! Congrats Corbin!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Corbin also had 5 turnovers and with the exception of the int at the 5, Corbin to's were probably more critical.