Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason County 55 Greenup County 27
Final.
congrats to Mason,missed this one to,guess i shouldnt have went on what GC did at start of season..
Congrats to Mason,

Anyone have any stats?
Grats MC
Only blemish for the Royals was the opening week at Danville
Congrats to Mason

I heard that special teams lost this one didn't see the game any insight?
Congrats Mason Co. Nice season so far.
grim_reminder Wrote:Congrats to Mason

I heard that special teams lost this one didn't see the game any insight?
GC'S special teams didn't lose this one,MC'S special teams won this one!They were quicker to the ball,every time MC kicked off,which was alot. GC'S defense didn't come close to stopping the Royals at anytime during this game.The Royals scored quick,and often,and though GC had some nice drives,when you fall behind this much,this early,and your offense takes 6-7 minutes off the clock every time they have the ball,and then comes away with 0 points,no way you can stay close.Their run offense is good,but their pass offense,being none existent,will always hurt them.It was 55-14,with 8 minutes to go,when the Royals put in their J V team to finish the game.Good luck to both teams next wk.
How many yards did Lyle rush for?
Congrats MC. One observation...It seems as if the GC faithful are hung up on "what a great O-Line" they have and the numbers their backs put up. Its obvious that those 2 things aren't translating to wins, especially against quality opponents.
^Thats the truth! A rushing record was broken and they still didn't go over .500 on the year.
HD28 Wrote:Congrats MC. One observation...It seems as if the GC faithful are hung up on "what a great O-Line" they have and the numbers their backs put up. Its obvious that those 2 things aren't translating to wins, especially against quality opponents.

Been saying this for a while.

Good Post!
By the paper Greenup 14 first downs and MC only 7 or 8. WoW, hard to win with 21 points off of turnovers also. Greenup could have won this game believe it or not.
that's right Wrote:By the paper Greenup 14 first downs and MC only 7 or 8. WoW, hard to win with 21 points off of turnovers also. Greenup could have won this game believe it or not.
Mason didnt have that many 1st downs because they were scoring on the 1st- 2nd or 3rd play of each series they had the ball.GC ,with their no pass offense were grinding it out on the ground,which accounted for first downs,just no points.Good teams cause turnovers,and then put points on the board off them.I saw Mason's offense do what ever they wanted with the GC defense.Honestly this game wasnt as close as the final score.55-14,when the freshman came in.So ,believe it or not,I don't believe it.Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.
Greenups defense has been their problem all year. We got beat by a better team.

Good luck to the Royals in the post season.