Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Waive Randy Moss
The second Randy Moss era in Minnesota didn't even last a month.

The NFL Network reported that the Vikings waived Moss on Monday, one day after he criticized head coach Brad Childress in a bizarre news conference following a 28-18 loss in New England. Vikings LB Ben Leber told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that Childress told the team it had cut Moss.

Randy Moss was traded from the Patriots to the Vikings in early October.
The Vikings, who acquired Moss from the Patriots for a third-round pick on Oct. 6, are the second team to move on from Moss this season.

Moss, who is set to become a free agent after the season, would have to clear waivers before he becomes a free agent.

Moss played in four games for the Vikings and caught 13 passes for 174 yards and two TDs.

After Sunday's game, Moss spoke glowingly of his time in New England. "Man, I miss them guys, man. I miss the team," Moss said. "It was hard for me to come here and play.

Vikings coach Brad Childress said Monday he allowed Moss to remain in New England after the game to be with family. Moss had expressed frustration with how Vikings coaches applied his advice on how to attack the Patriots, but Childress defended their approach.

"I think we did a pretty good job of heeding it," Childress said.

Asked if he regretted acquiring Moss, Childress said, "Do I regret acquiring him? Not at present I don't, no."
That didn't last long, :lmao:
the way he played he should be waived.
I didnt really except to see this, but with Britt being out for a while in Tennessee send him to Nashville.
I'm in Boston for the week, and the thought up here is that there is no way the Pats will bring him back. To me, it seemed logical after his comments and love passed on to the Pats organization after yesterdays game. But the sentiment here is that he was let go because they wanted to separate themselves from Randy and his outspoken habits. He is not very well respected by the New England fans.
This is a shocker to me....
If they could have kept him and got Sidney back in the lineup they would be a real force
Why do they continue to let me down...
I mean.....
c'mon.....
You traded draft picks to get this guy and you waive him.....
gimme a break
Moss has not yeat been waived. The Vikings have stated that it is their intent, but he is still under contract with the Vikings at this time.
Moss did not play against the pats. He gave up on every play. He should have been benched.
Why don't the Bengals sign Moss??? They've already got two of the biggest diva receivers in the league. They might as well add another.
Come on Steelers, step up and sign the guy, lol. He would give Big Ben a deep threat. It would be like his rookie year when he had Plaxico Burress and Hines Ward.

This is just wishful thinking,lol.
Westside Wrote:Why don't the Bengals sign Moss??? They've already got two of the biggest diva receivers in the league. They might as well add another.

I'd sign him if I were the Bengals
Why not?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:the way he played he should be waived.

I don't think he really wanted to be on the Vikings. Randy Moss has always said that he will play if he wants to play and he obviously didn't want to be on the Vikings. I think he got his wish.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
zaga_fan Wrote:I'd sign him if I were the Bengals
Why not?

That would be INSANE! Ochocinco, Terrell Owens, and Randy Moss all on the same team!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
leecoukfan Wrote:That would be INSANE! Ochocinco, Terrell Owens, and Randy Moss all on the same team!

If I'm not mistaken.....
if the Vikings go through with the waiver....
they are still on the hook for the rest of the contract.
Meaning a team could land Moss for next to nothing.
I wouldn't dare think the Bengals would even consider it....
however.....
If I owned the Bengals....
I would insist on it!
lol
Signing randy moss would be a mistake to any team other than the patriots. Afterall that's who he loves.
Greatness Wrote:Signing randy moss would be a mistake to any team other than the patriots. Afterall that's who he loves.

Yeah, I was going to say that. After the press conference he had he obviously wants to be with the Patriots! I wouldn't blame him though, they are the best team in the NFL right now at 6-1!!:1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Saying Belichek don't resign Moss. I'd say teams like Jaguars, Rams, Bears, Seahawks, Chiefs, and Buccaneers will be giving interest in him, possibly the Titans cause Britt. But not likely. Jaguars because Garrard is becoming more of a passer than previous seasons. And it would take a load off all-star running back Maurice Jones-Drew. Rams, because Bradford really doesnt have a go to guy yet nor does he have the deep threat, although a veteran wide out with a bad attitude can be harmfull to an up and coming QB. Bears because Jay Cutler i still beleive is one of the top QB's in the league, he put up good numbers in Denver because he had Marshall and other good wide outs to get the ball to. With Moss in the picture you could be looking at a solid bear offense as well as defense under the circumstances that Randy actually wants to PLAY game in and game out. Seahawks are in dyer need of a receiver if you ask me.they haven't got much to choose from other than Golden Tate. A good veteran like Randy would be a **** of a mentor, once again assuming the case that he WANTS to PLAY. Chiefs are so dependent on their defense and there up and coming running back Jamal Charles that their passing game ranks near the bottom of the league. McClusters coming out and is a good young wide out. I'm not sold on Bowe though. Randy could make things even more dangerous when you come to Kansas City, assuming he WANTS to PLAY. Buccaneers have a solid young QB in Freeman. Moss could really open things up for that offense if he WANTS to PLAY. Titans is a doubtful home for him but it's possible. He'd could make our other receivers get open while he's taking a double team or taking the best corner upon himself. So yea, we would use him as bait for corners. Other than that we have no use for him. All this depends on if Randy WANTS to PLAY.
^ Guy's, I'm in Boston and they have no interest in signing him. He's loves them, but they feel that they got rid of him exactly when they felt was the right time. There is no one in this city that feels there is ANY chance he comes back!
Randy Moss is a punk...

I mean really...who wants a guy who moans & complains every game when he doesn't get a ball thrown to him...

Really...who wants a guy who admittingly doesn't give 100% effort...

If I were a GM...I'd stay away.
J-Rod Wrote:Randy Moss is a punk...

I mean really...who wants a guy who moans & complains every game when he doesn't get a ball thrown to him...

Really...who wants a guy who admittingly doesn't give 100% effort...

If I were a GM...I'd stay away.

He's like that girl in high school that is really hot...
but she has dated everyone for like a few weeks and it never works out because she's just too high maintenance....
but she's still hot
Rumors have it that he's interested in going to Miami.

I'll cross my fingers!
zaga_fan Wrote:I'd sign him if I were the Bengals
Why not?

Who's going to throw to them?

Carson is bad, real bad.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Who's going to throw to them?

Carson is bad, real bad.

Heck....
I would imagine if I had Chad, TO, and Moss to throw to I could win a few games lol
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Rumors have it that he's interested in going to Miami.

I'll cross my fingers!

How does it work with waivers.
Can't any team just say they want him and if they are the highest on the waiver list they pick up his contract?
zaga_fan Wrote:How does it work with waivers.
Can't any team just say they want him and if they are the highest on the waiver list they pick up his contract?

Well his waiver wire ends at 4 PM, so we will find out who put claims in on Randy. If no one has, he'll become a free agent.

Teams rumored to be interested:

Rams
Seahawks
Raiders
Dolphins
Redskins
Cheifs

Jets did pass on Moss & Merriman.

Thankfully though, the Dolphins are in the hunt for both and they have the cap space for both players contracts.
I'm still stunned that the Vikes cut him....
I understand you have to make decisions.
But I think 4 games is WAY too early to cut ties with a player who has an opportunity to better your team.
They have no deep threat and Moss was really allowing Percy to get space.
I can't believe it lol
Brett's favorite target, Sidney Rice is likely to return this week, so that may have had something to do with it.

But from all the rumors around the web, it looks like things weren't going so great behind closed doors between the team and Moss.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Well his waiver wire ends at 4 PM, so we will find out who put claims in on Randy. If no one has, he'll become a free agent.

Teams rumored to be interested:

Rams
Seahawks
Raiders
Dolphins
Redskins
Cheifs

Jets did pass on Moss & Merriman.

Thankfully though, the Dolphins are in the hunt for both and they have the cap space for both players contracts.

what teams are interested in him? i'd like to see Houston Get him