Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Teams 2011
Hows it lookin guys? whose gonne be on top?
Im going to go ahead and say that lawrence and pikeville both are gonna be contenders.
its anyones region

ill say lawrence will be back at applebees this year though.
im sorry about all the posts here in a row. i know nothing of the lexington, louisville schools. if someone can fill us in. thankyou
i see applebees in Lawrences future:1:
Lawrence County will be at applebees.
If Chandler is healthy it will be a battle between LC and Pikeville, but that is a big IF right now!
sportsfan333 Wrote:If Chandler is healthy it will be a battle between LC and Pikeville, but that is a big IF right now!

IF? How is it IF?

He's healthy?
He threw for midland over the summer and fall, he is 100%.

It will be a battle that LC will win.
Correct he threw with Midland this year as they won the Connie Mack World Series

SHEPHERD IS HERE

Lexington Catholic will be good again as always.
Harrison County will be down this year. They were stacked with seniors last year. I think LC and Clay will be 2 of the best around.
Boyd County and Ashland with the dark horses of Russell and Raceland
Hit and Run Wrote:Harrison County will be down this year. They were stacked with seniors last year. I think LC and Clay will be 2 of the best around.
:Thumbs:Agree, except Harrison still looks pretty crisp to me. They have to be down from last year. You don't not miss playing seniors. They have two young middle infielders who can flat shovel. Lots of big strong kids that hit and the coach everybody knows. Good pitching,but no Chan the Man.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote::Thumbs:Agree, except Harrison still looks pretty crisp to me. They have to be down from last year. You don't not miss playing seniors. They have two young middle infielders who can flat shovel. Lots of big strong kids that hit and the coach everybody knows. Good pitching,but no Chan the Man.

Harrison will still be good, even though they lost a lot. Martin's little brother will play a key roll on the Hill. Clark last some key players, but they will be strong. Brossart will need pitching, but should play into the top teams in the Region. Campbell County comes back with a Senior laden team. They had 7 juniors start last year, they should be competing for the Regional championship
Harrison will still be good. They will ALWAYS be good.
Harrison beat LC in Florida this past year.
Is this just eastern ky or all of ky? If it is all of Ky then I would predict the State Championship to come down to a battle between the 6th region and 11th region. Butler has a lot coming back as well as DeSales, who has everything returning, and Lexington Christian, Lexington Catholic, Madison Central and also Lafayette, who may possibly have the best pitching staff in state? Lawrence will be at Applebees and I could see them even making it to the semi's with their pitching staff, but their run production won't be enough to take it all the way. However, I do not see them having any trouble making it out of the 15th Region? I think if Chandler lived in any other part of the state he would be a definite candidate for Mr. Baseball and he may possibly be anyway?
I would certainly hope that with his stats over the years and his bat stats last year, he should well be a candidate. I suppose its up to the coaches in this area to make sure he gets a look-
Harrison County will be good again this year. Logan Dailey, Jordan Martin, Ryan Durbin and Mason Fowler should round out the pitching rotation. Dailey and Martin are both top caliber pitchers. Harrison County lost 6 valuable seniors last year but they still have some big sticks in the lineup including Shane Fowler, Eric Sanders, Hunter Hill, and Logan Dailey. Jordan Martin will be replacing older brother Jared Martin at shorstop. This team will be strong again but nothing like last year. The only sketchy part will be the infield.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Is this just eastern ky or all of ky? If it is all of Ky then I would predict the State Championship to come down to a battle between the 6th region and 11th region. Butler has a lot coming back as well as DeSales, who has everything returning, and Lexington Christian, Lexington Catholic, Madison Central and also Lafayette, who may possibly have the best pitching staff in state? Lawrence will be at Applebees and I could see them even making it to the semi's with their pitching staff, but their run production won't be enough to take it all the way. However, I do not see them having any trouble making it out of the 15th Region? I think if Chandler lived in any other part of the state he would be a definite candidate for Mr. Baseball and he may possibly be anyway?

This is for the whole state. As for Chandler being a candidate for Mr. Baseball, I'd say the recognition that follows from his commitment to UK is enough to keep him on every voters radar
Yes this is for all of ky. every team. just was wandering how everyone thought it would play out.
Breds fan Wrote:Harrison County will be good again this year. Logan Dailey, Jordan Martin, Ryan Durbin and Mason Fowler should round out the pitching rotation. Dailey and Martin are both top caliber pitchers. Harrison County lost 6 valuable seniors last year but they still have some big sticks in the lineup including Shane Fowler, Eric Sanders, Hunter Hill, and Logan Dailey. Jordan Martin will be replacing older brother Jared Martin at shorstop. This team will be strong again but nothing like last year. The only sketchy part will be the infield.
I saw Harrison at Tates Creek in the off season and as I said was real impressed with the middle. They appeared to be real young but really knew how to go get the ball.
Breds fan Wrote:Harrison County will be good again this year. Logan Dailey, Jordan Martin, Ryan Durbin and Mason Fowler should round out the pitching rotation. Dailey and Martin are both top caliber pitchers. Harrison County lost 6 valuable seniors last year but they still have some big sticks in the lineup including Shane Fowler, Eric Sanders, Hunter Hill, and Logan Dailey. Jordan Martin will be replacing older brother Jared Martin at shorstop. This team will be strong again but nothing like last year. The only sketchy part will be the infield.

mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I saw Harrison at Tates Creek in the off season and as I said was real impressed with the middle. They appeared to be real young but really knew how to go get the ball.
P.S. I would ask you who the big right hander was, but they had a lot of big guys and I didn't get a #.
chandler is without a doubt a great pitcher. but pikeville is the best hitting team in the region. With all 9 starters seeing high 80's in the summer and fall. He wont throw no shut out, he's gonna have to earn it unlike the past years
Was it a big pitcher or big hitter that you seen? Was it in summerball or last years season?
Breds fan Wrote:Was it a big pitcher or big hitter that you seen? Was it in summerball or last years season?
Summer. Big Rt. hander. Of cource they had a lot of big kids. Game was at Tate's Ck. Kid looked like could have been a nice Tight End. Really good motion and very comfortable out there.Not real fast but excellent locationn pitcher.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Summer. Big Rt. hander. Of cource they had a lot of big kids. Game was at Tate's Ck. Kid looked like could have been a nice Tight End. Really good motion and very comfortable out there.Not real fast but excellent locationn pitcher.

They have two kids around 6' 3'' that both throw mid 80's. That would be Jordan Martin and Logan Dailey. Ryan Durbin is a lefty that throws low 80's. Mason Fowler is also a tall kid but only throws upper 70's but hits his spots well and has a sick curveball.
mr. charlie hustle, that sounds like Jordan Martin. He was the winning pitcher in the State Championship game also. Bright future ahead of this kid. I was told that he was actually invited to try out for the Bergen Beach All-Stars. For those of you who don't know, this is an elite travel team that Alex Rodriguez, Todd Helton, and Johnny Damon played for when they were younger. Outstanding accomplishment.
Pupaw Wrote:mr. charlie hustle, that sounds like Jordan Martin. He was the winning pitcher in the State Championship game also. Bright future ahead of this kid. I was told that he was actually invited to try out for the Bergen Beach All-Stars. For those of you who don't know, this is an elite travel team that Alex Rodriguez, Todd Helton, and Johnny Damon played for when they were younger. Outstanding accomplishment.

He was invited to try out this the Bergen Beach All-Stars but decided not to try out because he is rehabilitating his arm this fall and working on getting it stronger and stronger. He has been contacted by some very top notch schools but still has 3 years of high school ball before its all said and done.
Breds fan Wrote:He was invited to try out this the Bergen Beach All-Stars but decided not to try out because he is rehabilitating his arm this fall and working on getting it stronger and stronger. He has been contacted by some very top notch schools but still has 3 years of high school ball before its all said and done.

WOW, sounds as if there is no where but up for this kid. Nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Breds fan Wrote:He was invited to try out this the Bergen Beach All-Stars but decided not to try out because he is rehabilitating his arm this fall and working on getting it stronger and stronger. He has been contacted by some very top notch schools but still has 3 years of high school ball before its all said and done.

Who did he play summer ball with? We played a team where many of the kids were from the Harrison Co. area - KY Cobras
The Kentucky Cobras are kids that mainly play for fleming county. Jordan plays for the Cincinnati Spikes along with his high school summer program.