Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keith Oberman Suspended By MSNBC
Someone is missing the point of what is part of one "journalist" contract but not in other commentator's contract.

One mega media corporation permits their on air talent to freely spend their earn income while another one limits personal spending. Ironic isn't it.
nky Wrote:Someone is missing the point of what is part of one "journalist" contract but not in other commentator's contract.

One mega media corporation permits their on air talent to freely spend their earn income while another one limits personal spending. Ironic isn't it.
Yes someone, is missing that point. MSNBC has basically been on loan from GE to the Obama administration for more than two years now and now they fire one of their "stars" for giving a few thousand dollars to the Democrats. I find that ironic as well.

Keith Olbermann should have been fired years ago for much better reasons than this one. This is like letting a known felon walk free for years and then suddenly locking him up for life for jaywalking. :biggrin:
Another predictable political thread. I'm gonna miss football season!
lol. TheRealVille, stop posting rules. Let me ask you a question...

"To be more correct, I believe that you have repeatedly vowed to stay off the politics. In fact, you have lost all credibility in that area."

You perceive that as an insult? If you do, I don't think you should be sending PM's challenging people to a fight, because with feelings like that, I guarantee you would not come out on the winning side.

Wussy. How's that for an insult? :moon:
vundy33 Wrote:lol. TheRealVille, stop posting rules. Let me ask you a question...

"To be more correct, I believe that you have repeatedly vowed to stay off the politics. In fact, you have lost all credibility in that area."

You perceive that as an insult? If you do, I don't think you should be sending PM's challenging people to a fight, because with feelings like that, I guarantee you would not come out on the winning side.

You know nothing about the PM, or what it was in response to, or even when it was, which was a several months ago.
vundy33 Wrote:lol. TheRealVille, stop posting rules. Let me ask you a question...

Careful, vundy, or you may find yourself on the receiving end of a triple dog dare - from no less than a DONATING member, as RV was so kind to point out. :biggrin:
An announcement has been made that Olberman will be back in the saddle and will resume his position on MSNBC on tuesday.
^^^My gut reaction all along was that this was nothing more than a publicity stunt to drum up a few more viewers. I'm glad he's back - if I am ever in a bad mood I watch his show and feel like a million dollars within five minutes.
:biggrin:

It's a great feeling being on the opposite side of every single MessNBC position.
Great!

Hoot, I don't like your name being in red. Change it back now!
vundy33 Wrote:Great!

Hoot, I don't like your name being in red. Change it back now!
I can't do that. RV called me out for being a deadbeat poster for not donating and I think that is the only time that we have agreed on anything. (The old Hoot would have said that was the only time that he has been right about anything but I am trying to be more diplomatic now that I am a donating member.) :lmao:
I read somewhere that the guy that MSNBC picked to replace Olbermann had also donated to Democratic candidates, so they withdrew his invitation. It probably is not an easy task to find a far left wing nut job "journalist" who has not contributed to a liberal Democratic candidate and who is not already employed at MSNBC.
Off Topic, but didn't News Corporation donate to republicans?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Off Topic, but didn't News Corporation donate to republicans?
Yes they have and I applaud them for doing so. When you have the President of the United States and his spokesmen using the bully pulpit to repeatedly personally attack your organization, I think that it is in a business's best interest to fight back. News Corp. gave $1 million to the Republican Governors Association. However, before that donation, 54 percent of News Corp.'s donations had been to Democrats. Rupert Murdock also personally hosted a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton a few years ago.

The value of MSNBC as a propaganda arm for the left wing of the Democratic Party has far exceeded $1 million. That is what makes the action against Olbermann so laughable. GE gambled on Obama and the global warming hype and it lost.

News Corp. defends $1 million donation to Republican Governors Association
Far I am yet to see any rules violations. Except for the off topic stuff. So let's all try to argue within the confines of the subject.

If threats are made via pm then tell the admins. If you don't care about it then just delete it. If u want to fight then put some gloves on. That way both parties consent. And if someone get mad it will take to long to grab a gun.

Now back to the topic.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Sorry to be off topic for a sec, but who else thinks that "Rupert Murdock" is one of the coolest names ever? 1000 internets to that guy.
vundy33 Wrote:Sorry to be off topic for a sec, but who else thinks that "Rupert Murdock" is one of the coolest names ever? 1000 internets to that guy.
He is the first person who I think of when I hear either Rupert or Murdoch. Murdoch's first name is Keith, which I never knew until now.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes they have and I applaud them for doing so. When you have the President of the United States and his spokesmen using the bully pulpit to repeatedly personally attack your organization, I think that it is in a business's best interest to fight back. News Corp. gave $1 million to the Republican Governors Association. However, before that donation, 54 percent of News Corp.'s donations had been to Democrats. Rupert Murdock also personally hosted a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton a few years ago.

The value of MSNBC as a propaganda arm for the left wing of the Democratic Party has far exceeded $1 million. That is what makes the action against Olbermann so laughable. GE gambled on Obama and the global warming hype and it lost.

News Corp. defends $1 million donation to Republican Governors Association

There the mother company of fox right?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:There the mother company of fox right?
Yes they are. News Corp.'s media outlets tend to lean in the direction of the population politically. The US is a center-right country and FNC is probably the most conservative of Murdoch's outlets. In the UK, Murdoch generally supported Margaret Thatcher, John Major, and Tony Blair because they reflected the political mood of the nation in their time. You have to pay the light bills to report the news and Keith Olbermann and the gang at MSNBC aren't.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes they are. News Corp.'s media outlets tend to lean in the direction of the population politically. The US is a center-right country and FNC is probably the most conservative of Murdoch's outlets. In the UK, Murdoch generally supported Margaret Thatcher, John Major, and Tony Blair because they reflected the political mood of the nation in their time. You have to pay the light bills to report the news and Keith Olbermann and the gang at MSNBC aren't.

See, I thought they were on the side of truth and justice not just following the dollar bills.
BillyB Wrote:See, I thought they were on the side of truth and justice not just following the dollar bills.
Like I said, if media companies can't pay their bills they cannot report the news. Murdoch is in business to report the news and make money doing it. It is hard to see what keeps an outfit like MSNBC in business. They seem to be a tool for GE to win favors from left wing Democratic politicians. I see no evidence that they are on the side of truth and justice or that they are in business to make money - and if a company is not in business to make money, what is the reason to be in business at all?