Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missle Launch???
Details still remain fuzzy at best surrounding a missile launching incident in southern California yesterday evening.

The incident was caught on camera by KCBS and aerospace officials are keeping rather mum regarding the missile’s purpose and origin.

The object appears to have been launched approximately 35 miles out to sea, west of Los Angeles. Ian Gregor of the Federal Aviation Administration has said that no commercial launches were scheduled to happen. The US Navy states that the missile did not originate from a Navy launch site and the US Missile Defense Agency has stated that the object was not part of a test launch.

NORAD had this to say on the internet regarding the missile incident: “We can confirm that there is no threat to our nation, and from all indications this was not a launch by a foreign military. We will provide more information as it becomes available.”

Seen on the news that the government is trying to cover it up and say it was an airplane.. Conspiracy conspiracy..
I'm not sure about what happened. Although, I was watching CNN and listened to whom I think was a retired military officer. He said it was most likely a citizen who made their own rocket and launched it without telling the government (like the citizen supposed to).

He said that overall, it probably wasn't really anything serious.
Looked like a plane to me.

Even if it is a missile, there's not really anything to cover up. If the military were testing anything that would warrant a cover up, it would surely not be tested on the LA coast.

I was pretty surprised that this became a big story. The military can really cover up anything they want, especially things like this.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I'm not sure about what happened. Although, I was watching CNN and listened to whom I think was a retired military officer. He said it was most likely a citizen who made their own rocket and launched it without telling the government (like the citizen supposed to).

He said that overall, it probably wasn't really anything serious.

I've heard several government officials say "Probably wasn't anything serious". That makes me feel so much better knowing that our military and government have no clue as to what this was, but they tell the public that it probably wasn't really anything serious.
Old School, if it was an incoming missile, it wouldn't have made it close enough for that guy to film, it would have been intercepted.

This really doesn't make me lose confidence in NORAD or the Navy, but I would rather our military know what this was for sure.
I'm sure the government knows exactly what this was.
Old School Wrote:I've heard several government officials say "Probably wasn't anything serious". That makes me feel so much better knowing that our military and government have no clue as to what this was, but they tell the public that it probably wasn't really anything serious.

haha, your right..
Hey it's a bird, no a plane, no I have no idea what it is..
Just something we don't have to worry about hopefully..

My guess is that it indeed was a missle, and when it landed, blew up or whatever it was then intercepted by the military and the cover up for it "it was a plane" was made..
Reason for them getting the remains of it then covering up is to make sure no civilian like us could trace it or find it and say hmm, it indeed was a missle WTH!?
Dude...there is no need for a cover up of anything. If it was one of ours, the government would let people know that. No reason to cover it up.

But, it wasn't one of ours. If it was from another country or anything that we perceived as a threat, you would know.
vundy33 Wrote:Dude...there is no need for a cover up of anything. If it was one of ours, the government would let people know that. No reason to cover it up.

But, it wasn't one of ours. If it was from another country or anything that we perceived as a threat, you would know.

That's EXACTLY what the retired military officer on CNN said. He said if it was one of ours, we would just admit it. There would be nothing to hide. If it was someone else's missle, we wouldn't need to worry because the missle is too small to bother anything. He said if the missle was big enough to be caught on our "fancy-radar-missle-finder thing" (not really sure what it's called :biggrin: ), then it would've been a threat. However, it wasn't.
vundy33 Wrote:Dude...there is no need for a cover up of anything. If it was one of ours, the government would let people know that. No reason to cover it up.

:Thumbs: I get an email prior to every fly over of Arlington Cemetery. The federal government has been very sensitive on this subject since an unannounced fly over of NYC was done a year or two ago. They now make sure that local authorities know in advance before doing anything that might cause panic among the general public.
Ah.....
sounds fishy.
And we will never know the true story.
zaga_fan Wrote:Ah.....
sounds fishy.
And we will never know the true story.

:Thumbs:
maybe it was a hobby rocketeer using a modified "O" engine just goofing around. The governement may want to keep something like that quiet
[Image: ]

here's another one
You guys do realize that the object was moving fairly slow compared to most missiles, right?
Guess I was wrong. This missile was fired by an undetected Chinese sub..

http://www.opinion-maker.org/2010/11/chi...-us-coast/
vundy33 Wrote:Guess I was wrong. This missile was fired by an undetected Chinese sub..

http://www.opinion-maker.org/2010/11/chi...-us-coast/
Is this source really reliable? I am skeptical because of his comments about billions of dollars being wasted on developing ballistic defense systems that "don't work." Thomas Edison's early attempts at making light bulbs were not very successful either. Fortunately, Edison was not so quick to abandon a worthwhile goal.

This country is currently almost defenseless against ICBMs and although our advanced ABM systems are far from perfect, they will be effective someday if we continue to invest in their research and development. It is a dead certainty that they will never be effective if those programs are defunded.
How did a Chinese submarine get unnoticed by our sonar systems on our warships?

Did they catch them during lunch?
It's not necessarily warships that pick that crap up, it's other subs and other craft as well. The missile defense system, can't remember the name, should have picked the missile up, but it didn't.

China is talking about a Cold War with us, and not starting it until they think they're strong enough to go toe to toe with us, which they think is a few years away. The think Obama is weak, and they're testing us.
I think that the author of the opinion-maker.org article is a conspiracy theorist who is trying to link the Chinese sub incident, which was real, with what he suspects was a missile launch from the same submarine. I have not been able to find any other article claiming the connection as a fact, except those that reference the same author. I would not be shocked to find out that the Obama administration is in cover-up mode and trying to avoid another foreign policy embarrassment but it has not been established as a fact...yet.
Bold move by the Chinese if this is true but seems somewhat odd as far as the backing of the source.
I dont know if this was a missile launch from the Chinese or not, but the Chinese have been preparing for decades to fight with us. As soon as they think they can stalemate us they will make their move and take Taiwan back. Listen to the rhetoric that comes from their government officials and military leaders. It stares us right in the face yet we are the ones enabling them to build up their country and military. All trade with China should have been cut off a long time ago. But the corporations run this country and they can make goods extremely cheap over there. All of their military training focus' on fighting America. If they were on the same technological level as us, Id say we'd be seeing Chinese troops in our streets now.
Beetle01 Wrote:I dont know if this was a missile launch from the Chinese or not, but the Chinese have been preparing for decades to fight with us. As soon as they think they can stalemate us they will make their move and take Taiwan back. Listen to the rhetoric that comes from their government officials and military leaders. It stares us right in the face yet we are the ones enabling them to build up their country and military. All trade with China should have been cut off a long time ago. But the corporations run this country and they can make goods extremely cheap over there. All of their military training focus' on fighting America. If they were on the same technological level as us, Id say we'd be seeing Chinese troops in our streets now.
You make some excellent points, Beetle. The Chi-Coms are certainly not our friends, regardless of how many dollars we provide them with to build their military. If they did fire a missile then we can bet that it was no accident. We may never know the truth but this administration does or will. The Chinese government is certainly not above making a military show of force to express its displeasure with our economic policies.

You are also right about the many threats that the Chinese have made against the US over the past few years, which continue to go unreported by most of our own media. The Chinese state media reports them because the threats have been cleared at the highest levels of their government. Our own state-controlled media virtually ignore them for the same reason.