Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 40 Middlesboro 6
Prestonsburg 40 Middlesboro 6

FINAL
Congrats P-Burg
congrats cats!! great win!
Thanks for the update...Didn't know the score, but saw the fireworks from my front porch. Way to go Blackcats!!!!!
Congrats Blackcats!

Go Pirates and Go Blackcats!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
congrats to P-burg
Congrats Blackcats

How did Bryson Williams play?
Congrats Blackcats on the dominate win
Congrats P-burg.
The best four quarters the Blackcats have played all year. Great job and a great win.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Congrats Blackcats

How did Bryson Williams play?

Bryson played well in the first half, but was shaken up on a couple hits he took. Not sure to the extent of his injuries, but he left the field early in the 2nd half.
Didn't goto the game tonight, but did hear Bryson went down with an injury. Hopefully it's not serious.

Great win Blackcats... great season Jackets!
Best game we've played all year, hands down... Great defense, solid offense, great special teams... finally starting to put it together, and what better time than now? Hopefully this one will carry over to Russell next friday:rockon:
Congrats P-burg!
Red and Black Wrote:Best game we've played all year, hands down... Great defense, solid offense, great special teams... finally starting to put it together, and what better time than now? Hopefully this one will carry over to Russell next friday:rockon:

You mean Corbin?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You mean Corbin?

err... yea.. my bad... i was reading the russell/belfry thread when i posted this... i should know better than to try to multi-task :ChairHit:
Listened to the game, and sounded as if Jamerson had an amazing game!

I just hope Williams is gonna be alright.

Congrats Blackcats and Good Luck!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Hate to hear that about Bryson. Keep us updated!
I thought the Yellowjackets would have put up more of a fight.
MVP2 Wrote:I thought the Yellowjackets would have put up more of a fight.

I did too. Usually when they get behind they just quit. Looks like it happen again tonight.
Good win for the Blackcats. I definitely saw some improvements in the areas I mentioned a few weeks ago. Leadership, intensity, and aggressiveness were maybe the best they have been all year. Execution is still maddening, as Prestonsburg had entirely too many offsides penalties tonight. If they do that next week against Corbin, season's over. Tackling was better...but still not where I would like to see it. But it was better.

This game was very interesting to watch... When you sat there watching, it didn't feel like Prestonsburg was playing very well at all, and then suddenly it was 24-6 at the half. Crisp was a little off his game and underthrew alot of open receivers, a couple of time resulting in INTs. However, he settled down and did a great job running the offense.

Prestonsburg pounded the ball up the middle in the first half, and only attempted 1 pass in the first drive. The running game was probably the best it has been all year, but those penalty flags....ugh. It seemed like any time Pburg got any momentum and was ready to explode, we jumped offsides.

Big games offensively from Jamerson, freshman Grant Anderson, and Cain Collins. When the Cats pound him up the middle and use that to complement the sweeps and passing game, it gives us a very balanced attack.

Defensively, Prestonsburg played very, very well. They were able to pressure Roark on nearly every pass attempt, and Roark had so little time to throw, their passing game was limited to mostly short dump passes. They did complete a couple of screens over the blitzing Cats, but overall the Blackcat defense defended the pass as well as they have all year.

Last I heard, Bryson Williams suffered a concussion. Don't know how severe or how that affects his playing next week.

Prayers go out to both Williams #24 for Middlesboro. He took a vicious hit on an incomplete pass, and it seemed like he had either a pretty severe stinger or concussion also. I don't know if Middlesboro didn't have a physician on their sidelines, but it looked like that kid could have benefited from some medical care.
Wow B-Cats congrats on yet another playoff win. I can't help but say it: Ya did it with the help of two fine former Tiger coaches nobody seemed to want.
Congrats to Pburg
It was very good to see the running game reappear. When Collins keeps his shoulders square and low, he's absolutely a LOAD to bring down. He did a better job of hitting the hole last night. Anderson doesn't need to be running between the tackles, though.

With a comfortable lead, it was a nice chance for the staff to experiment a bit, too. For the first time this year, P-burg ran a couple plays out of the I.
Nice job Blackcats. I hope they can bring home a victory next week against Corbin.
Nice win for Prestonsburg!
Great win for the Blackcats....this is really really impressive. I thought with the sucsess that Shelby Valley had in the spread against Pburg, that Middlesboro would make it a game.

Congrats to Pburg.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Great win for the Blackcats....this is really really impressive. I thought with the sucsess that Shelby Valley had in the spread against Pburg, that Middlesboro would make it a game.

Congrats to Pburg.

A slight change in defensive fronts, coupled with a healthy MLB now (Griffith missed 3 weeks for Pburg with a severe knee sprain and is just now getting back into form) proved to be the ticket. Our offense will score points and move the ball. If our defense continues to play like this, who knows what the ceiling is for this team.

Major, major kudos to the coaching staff at Prestonsburg. I don't think they get near enough credit for the job they do every year coaching kids up, moving kids to positions where they can be the most effective and beneficial to the team, and just being positive influences on the kids.

This team, with only 7 seniors, has accomplished more than anyone ever expected. I know I keep saying it, but the next few years are going to be really, really exciting for Blackcat Football.
Congrats to P-burg.
Congrats Prestonsburg