Poll: Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
58.82%
Harlan County
41.18%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Harlan County 11/26
2dog Wrote:Are there any campgrounds near Harlan Co. stadium?

You can pop a tent most anywhere...lol. There are a couple in Harlan County neither are within 10-12 miles of the stadium...which is Cawood's old field. We will be builing a new field this year.

Anyhow I am not certian but they are fairly primative camp spots, both on trailheads of Black Mtn ATV Recreation Park.

We have an ATV park and there is a campground at the entrance of it about 15 minutes from our field. With it being the entrance to the ATV trails, I am not sure about noise but I have never really heard any complaints. I can get a phone number if you are interested.

Yeah, up at Kingdom Come State Park!!!! :biggrin:
Bear_Paw Wrote:You can pop a tent most anywhere...lol. There are a couple in Harlan County neither are within 10-12 miles of the stadium...which is Cawood's old field. We will be builing a new field this year.

Anyhow I am not certian but they are fairly primative camp spots, both on trailheads of Black Mtn ATV Recreation Park.
there are spots available in the city parking lot next to the huff baseball field[ABOUT 2 MILES FROM THE FIELD]check at city hall for price/availb.also if you want to have some 4-wheelin fun go to evarts or putney trailhead,{each have camping}and ride the big black mountain atv park.on a good day you can see elk,bear, coyote,cougars and hillbillies,lol.
Congrats to Harlan County. I have been there. I have been a part of a whole consolidation process and the issues and problems that go with. I was fortunate enough to see some success before I was done but not at the level of making t to the state semi finals. It is a lot tougher than most people think and we had facilities handed to us immediately in our situation. I have a lot of respect for what has been done at Harlan County to this point and it is truly impressive. Now, go beat Highlands and get on the bus to Bowling Green.
:rockon:
So the game will be played at the site of Cawood High Schools old field?
Black Bear Mama Wrote:We have an ATV park and there is a campground at the entrance of it about 15 minutes from our field. With it being the entrance to the ATV trails, I am not sure about noise but I have never really heard any complaints. I can get a phone number if you are interested.

I also hear there are also some great spots in Pathfork! or on a couple of strip jobs in the county! :eyeroll:
Mama Bear Wrote:I also hear there are also some great spots in Pathfork! or on a couple of strip jobs in the county! :eyeroll:

Dont mention strip jobs to people outside of the mountains. The Sierra Club will be on here to shut this thread down
Benchwarmer Wrote:Dont mention strip jobs to people outside of the mountains. The Sierra Club will be on here to shut this thread down

:thatsfunn
Mama Bear Wrote:I also hear there are also some great spots in Pathfork! or on a couple of strip jobs in the county! :eyeroll:

Send them on up to Pathfork I will have the kin ready with the pitchforks!!!!

Go BEARS shock the state it can be done!!!

Just make sure HHS don't bring any court orders and ineligible players along.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the last time LARKEY faced HHS he sent them home with a running CLOCK!
Thanks to all for the camping info. My cousin went to Cawood and lived in Kenvir. Mom is from Kildav. Uncle worked for the postal service. Cousin Eddy ran bootleg booze in a 65 Mustang with a 12ga. under the seat! Everybody did their shopping in Evarts. Bloody Harlan was the big city back then. That was back in the 60's and early 70's. Would like that info. on ATV trails. Can ATV's be rented?
No need for the pitchforks! I got people down there! Tickled to death to see this matchup. Yeeeeee Haaaaaaaa!!!!
The Harlan County Ridge Runner's are a great group. Check out their website.

http://www.kyoutdoors.org/

:lmao:
2dog Wrote:Thanks to all for the camping info. My cousin went to Cawood and lived in Kenvir. Mom is from Kildav. Uncle worked for the postal service. Cousin Eddy ran bootleg booze in a 65 Mustang with a 12ga. under the seat! Everybody did their shopping in Evarts. Bloody Harlan was the big city back then. That was back in the 60's and early 70's. Would like that info. on ATV trails. Can ATV's be rented?

You can visit harlanonline.net and use the hyperlinks to find out all the info you need.
Stardust Wrote:Highlands is on their way to the Championship. They just beat the second best team in 5A, so I don't see anyone else within 3 TDs of them.

It could be that Bell County and Boyle would both beat Highlands.They both creamed Johnson Central. According to you the 2nd best team in 5A. Just because Boyle beat Christian County doesn't mean Christian County or John Hardin can't beat Highlands. The mighty Bluebirds are not last years team and I think will lose in the championship to either team from the west.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:You are right. Boyle Co is traveling to Pineville and Highlands is traveling to Harlan. :1:

NewCath traveling to Corbin also will keep that stretch of road busy.
I'll take the black bears in this one.
Let Get It Started
sstack Wrote:I know you are not HHS, Next week you will meet HHS (Highlands High School). I expect you to be ready for Highlands and vice versa. And the smash mouth talk will not intimidate HHS, infact didn't they just play one of the other MNT teams who pride themselves on Smash mouth football? HHS strength on D is stopping the run, so they appreciate it if you decide not to pass. As far as the head hunter remark , it makes it sound like you like to play dirty/agianst the rules, I hope that is not the case. Looking forward to a good game agianst a new opponent.

headhunter mean they will hit the qb often and hit him so hard he lose his helmet noting about being agianst the rules
Pulling for the ole Rockcastle.....I mean Harlan County coach. Highlands is Highlands so they are my pick, but I would love to see Tom get to the State game again!
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:All Highlands has to do is score. The defense will shut down HC just like Bell. No brainer here. Highlands wins 21-0

Well if you compareing defense highlands has got a long way to go they cant Touch Bell.
If highlands D plays like they did against JC it will be a long night for the bears. However HCHS can win this one.

Ill say

HHS-28
HCHS-14
Bear_Paw Wrote:It's just hit me. :biggrin:

My all time favorite football player (and every other KY guy over 300 lbs) Jared Lorenzen is comming to Harlan! DUDE could a brother get a ball or a beer mug or something autographed...lol.

:beer: :football:

BTW I'll never forget after a KY touchdown Lorenzen gathering his boyz up in the endzone and doing the assult rifle gun down and all of them falling out. Classic!

Anyone remember who that was against?
Bear_Paw Wrote:BTW I'll never forget after a KY touchdown Lorenzen gathering his boyz up in the endzone and doing the assult rifle gun down and all of them falling out. Classic!

Anyone remember who that was against?
the practice squad.lol.
i agree the bears defense is amazing highlands will have trouble running the ball but hc will have to work on there pass defense... if harlan county comes out and plays like they know that they can highlands will surely not LEAVE HARLAN ALIVE!!
{hchsfan} Wrote:i agree the bears defense is amazing highlands will have trouble running the ball but hc will have to work on there pass defense... if harlan county comes out and plays like they know that they can highlands will surely not LEAVE HARLAN ALIVE!!

Maybe HHS should not even come down!:yikes:
rebel 4 life Wrote:Well if you compareing defense highlands has got a long way to go they cant Touch Bell.

Bell. We keep hearing Bell Bell Bell from Bell. No one thinks Bell is any good around NKY. Get out and play somebody during the year. Boyle beats Bell. Highlands is pretty banged up right now, but they win this game convincingly.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Bell. We keep hearing Bell Bell Bell from Bell. No one thinks Bell is any good around NKY. Get out and play somebody during the year. Boyle beats Bell. Highlands is pretty banged up right now, but they win this game convincingly.

Be careful, it's not that no one in NKY thinks that Bell is any good, it's just that no one in NKY knows anything about Bell. That may be just as hurtful to the Bell fans, that they are not known outside of their area, but the truth is, no one in NKY has a legit gauge on them except based on what we hear on this site or the overall records. So, I'm not knocking something that I know nothing about.
Well that's true. They might be better than Trinity. Of course, unless they get out of Pine Mountain or whatever they call it, no one will ever know. They need a serious upgrade in their schedule. I don't think they'd beat Beechwood or Newcath.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next