Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard Bulldogs
49.18%
Mayfield Cardinals
50.82%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard vs. Mayfield (1A State Finals)
ontopofthewest Wrote:[B]1. no not really, we gave up 6 turnovers that lca scored on 5 of them so you could say we screwed up 35pts given if we would not had made those mistakes.

Mayfield at eleven games in the season
502 Points Scored
147 Points Allowed
2216 Total Rushing Yards
1062 Total Rushing Yards Allowed
1944 Total Passing Yards
1129 Total Passing Yards Allowed

Lca at 14 games into the season
678 Points Scored
224 Points Allowed
3776 Total Rushing Yards
1936 Total Rushing Yards Allowed
2332 Total Passing Yards
1283 Total Passing Yards Allowed
So to answer your question here nope they were well matched.

2.little bit of both my buddie was in the booth with the coaches and i talked to the defenc cord. for lca plus when i was in the stand the fans too.

3. i admit i was wrong here the lou. radio station must have stated it wrong but they were with out their key def. player!!

4.I know massey is wrong most of the time but if you use all of the numbers as they do it has beechwood beating hazard 34-35 so with that said and taking nothing away from beechwood we could had put up several more points in that game. we downed the clock out on the 2yard line that would had made it 45-14 plus the passing game is what helped us put up those points and we stopped passing in the 3rd (3 passes)and 4th (1 pass)quater.. With massey predicting the Bw & haz score that close i can only assume mayfiel has a good probability of running away with it. Now not to take anything away from Hazard cause they have to be a H3ll of a team to put those numbers up. But i believe they have met their match..

As for the Lca ordeal, last year they lost pretty much all their play makeing ability. out of the 678 points they put on the board last year 548 of the points graduated!
D. Hayden, 2936yrds 48tds
B. Burdette, 1008yrds 15tds
A. Shewmaker, 53yrds
A. Hall, 219yrds 4tds 55tackles
C. Witt,
J. Buettner,
D. Walls,
S. Duff, 302yrds 6tds
L. Witt, 2643yrds 38tds Passing
A. Roberts, 50yrds
E. Jacoby,
C. Fairchild,
B. Baker,
A. Miller,
N. Mcsorley,
B. Trimble,
so i would say they had a better team last year, and that they were not supposed to be as good this year. Hazard grad.ed 11 last year and out of the 489 points they put up 148 graduated in 2009 so i would say by using my calculations that hazard had a better team coming back. and that this woulda supposed to had been a down year for lca but they made a ru at it and just about made Hazard pay. But i know like last year when we played Lca , that Hazard did not play a good game against them but did pull it out. cause they did not get down on them selves like we did. That was a big problem mayfiel struggled with last year. But that is of the past. This year we stay up and fire right back.

And as far as the game being close meaning mayfield played a bad game.!!! If mayfield plays bad it will be obvious, 6 turnovers last year was obvious. This should be the best game of the weekend. im just voicing my op. and i think that if mayfield plays their A game it could be a very shocking score!!!! but if they dont the score will be verry close and high numbers from both sides
/B] And 51 - 19 is a 4 1/2 td spread could easily happen if Hazard cant find a way to stop us.

You are a piece of work!!!:blabbermo
Anyway good luck to you and all the rest of the Mayfield faithful!!
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:You are a piece of work!!!:blabbermo
Anyway good luck to you and all the rest of the Mayfield faithful!!

Thank so much lord almighty:notworthy:
:Cheerlead:thatsfunn:Cheerlead

Just board and ready for this game. Cant sleep leavin out at 6amConfusedmoke:
bac2369 Wrote:What website will stream the game online?

I'm pretty sure you can listen to the game on www.wsgs.com
:thanks::Thumbs::champ:
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Before going to bed. I just want to say good luck to both teams friday. The two best teams imo are playing for the state championship!
I would love to see Hazard win it's first state football championship!! I don't know who the best team is but we will know around 1pm est.
Game day, go dawgs.
^Definitely.
My desk will be bumping with this one on the radio @ 12.

I heard Coach Dixon on the radio last night.
He said if it comes down to it today he's going to go for 2 again.
Nerves of steel....
IMO, which i could be wrong. I dont think Mayfield is that much better than Hazard. And if Hazard wins its not because Mayfield played there worst game. It will be because Hazard is the better team. Good luck to both for an injury free game. Bring home that title Dawgs.
Mayfield - 34
Hazard - 23
You can watch the game at ihigh.com. also listen to the game at mywymc.com
Wideleft01 Wrote:Mayfield by at least 5 touchdowns.

Okay. More than five.