Kobe Brown 2 points

For Virgie:

Mason Layne 6 points
Peyton Rose 5 points
Zach Honaker 3 points
Conner Roberts 2 points
Jordan Hampton 2 points
This virgie team is the real deal.
Thats what u get when your whole team is hold backs... They should win every game by 20 points.
Alot of schools hold kids back.Dorton has hold backs also.Many schools in the 14th and 15th do it.My advice to you Mr.Cold is hold your kids back or continue to get beat.It is the thing to do if you want your kids or programs to be soccessful.Many of last years Shelby Valley team were hold backs.It turned out well for them!
virgie is the real deal. there startin five practices with shelby valley everyday. and you can tell it in games. andrew newsome is the best middle school post player in the region. maybe the best player. i see noone beating virgie. ill be down in the state tournament when they go.
Virgie is a couple of levels above everyone else in the county this year. I haven't heard anyone on our end even mention the word "hold back" as far as an excuse. Those boys have worked hard and practicing with the high school has certainly paid off.
Coach, I couldn't agree more. I want to build a top notch program, so I do what everyone else does, if someone beats us, so be it. No excuses!!!
School Admin. Wrote:Coach, I couldn't agree more. I want to build a top notch program, so I do what everyone else does, if someone beats us, so be it. No excuses!!!

You guys showed last year and so far this season that you are headed in that direction.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Virgie is a couple of levels above everyone else in the county this year. I haven't heard anyone on our end even mention the word "hold back" as far as an excuse. Those boys have worked hard and practicing with the high school has certainly paid off.

I mean they should be... When u play a true 8th grader against someone who is suppose to be a freshman, the freshman shouldnt get beat. No matter how hard they work.
Mr. Cold, it depends, I understand your logic, but sometimes kids regress. I'm not saying anyone from Virgie has, those boys are very hard working kids and they are tough, but I have held kids back in the past and it didn't really help them, most times it does, but it depends on the kid and his or her work ethic.
Congrats Virgie
Virgie is a strong team and it will take a good effort to beat them. I curious to see how them, BL, and JC Black stack up next week.
Going by your logic Mr. Cold the team with te most seniors will win the 15th region every year. Staying back will not change your skill set, staying back and working your tail off will.
new o Wrote:Going by your logic Mr. Cold the team with te most seniors will win the 15th region every year. Staying back will not change your skill set, staying back and working your tail off will.
Agreed!
Virgie is a great team, I does not matter if they have holdbacks or not good team. Some people just look for reasons to, put teams down.
I ant putting virgie down. But I just think if the kid has the grades to go on, then he should. He shouldnt be held back just to play a sport. And i know almost all of virgie's team and i know all of there kids had the grades to move on... Why would u make him repeat a grade when he just passed it the year before. He wont be learning a thing. Just the same thing he already knows, thats my point why they shouldnt hold kids back. Yeah they get to play some more Grade school ball. Thats all they get out of it.
You must not know them well enough. These kids are not learning the same things. Four of them are taking geometry and one is taking Alg .1 as a 7th grader. Their teachers have pushed them to do extra work and be positive role models by displaying great work ethic. They are also playing high school ball.These kids were not made to do anything, they chose to stay back. They are great kids that have things in order in their lives...God,family,basketball....in that order.
Ight, Someone answer this question. Do you go to school to play sports or to get u ready for the real world? It looks like these kids are going to play basketball.....
Mr.cold Wrote:Ight, Someone answer this question. Do you go to school to play sports or to get u ready for the real world? It looks like these kids are going to play basketball.....
Getting ready for the "real world" means learning dedication and sacrifice which are very important for team and real world experiences.
alleycat53 Wrote:Getting ready for the "real world" means learning dedication and sacrifice which are very important for team and real world experiences.

I understand that. But idk this for sure but Im about 99% that none of this players will get paid to play basketball some where down the road. Which means they should just go on through school. Back to what New-O said, They might be learning all these things, but they school Be with peopel there age and not with people 2-3 years younger than them where they can learn more after there classmates....